Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Megathread] Steam Halloween/Autumn/Winter Sale 2014

​Mod Notes: Don't post to beg for games*, memes (after sale has started), or anything else that can get you infracted.
    *You can try to trade with others if you want (try to use the
    Steam Trade Thread though) just don't go begging for someone to buy a game so you can trade them.

Yup, you guessed it, that time is year is starting to roll around again. While I haven't found anything absolutely definitive there are the suggestive articles out there again. So going to go ahead and start the thread up for people to do preliminary talks, figuring out ways to save their wallets and anymore information we can dig up beforehand. As with the past two sales I'm guessing their will be some "meta game" associated with trading cards again.

So the question is........are you and your wallet ready?

Halloween Steam Sale: October 30th thru November 3rd (10AM PST) - Link to Image
    Autumn Steam Sale: TBA
    Winter Steam Sale: TBA

Due note that while Autumn and Winter don't seem to have any leaks I figured I'd get us started because I know so many of you are ready to empty your wallets :P While the Halloween sale isn't really a big deal it's a 4 day sale that some might like and also kicks us off to the wallet emptying spree that is soon to come.

For all your Steam users who have become accustomed to the tradition. Here are your traditional images I'll leave here till the sale starts then I'll place the "Sales of the Day" post like I did for the winter one.

I'm ready but luckily for me there's fewer and fewer games I actually want to play each year.

World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    If only there was anything actually interesting to buy this time around, which is the first time this has happened I suppose. All new releases are going to be the same stuff recycled again, the good old stuff that's going on sale I already bought at the summer sale, and I already am enjoying what I already have. So... unless they do a sale on the Witcher 3 preorder, probably nada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    "As you can see the age of the whimsical panda sadly, is over."
    Amen!

Yet again, a time period where I will likely be without internet access. Fantastic.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    October 30th
    DAMN IT!

I saw the thread and thought it had already started...
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    DAMN IT!

I saw the thread and thought it had already started...
    I did too. Then I breathed a sight of relief when I realized that I will have a paycheck coming before it starts : D

I don't expect much out of the October sale, have money to spend but will see what comes up, I have a feeling the winter sale will have the better bit as always.

Likewise, I'm a bit skeptical on what games are going to be on sale, as I remember the last one to be 'meh' (in comparison to the Summer / Winter sale).

Still, I'm interested to see what games are going to go on sale, as there's a couple of games I'm very much interested in picking up, if the price is right.

Also, it took you this long to make this thread, Lucetia? You're slacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    I'm ready but luckily for me there's fewer and fewer games I actually want to play each year.
    It's cute that you think steam sales are about playing (or even wanting to play) games....for a ridiculously large number of people it's about collecting the so called bargains because (and I quote a friend here) "You'd be mad not to."
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/
    Short story things http://teroseth.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm going to be away without wifi! /sobs tears whilst wallet does victory dance.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    It's cute that you think steam sales are about playing (or even wanting to play) games....for a ridiculously large number of people it's about collecting the so called bargains because (and I quote a friend here) "You'd be mad not to."
    Agreed. Sadly, for me, it's become more of a ''gotta collect them all!'' thing, than it is playing the actual games. >.< I may have a problem.

And Shamanic, you have all the games, anyways. :P

Hopefully Legend of Grimrock 2 goes on sale, but I guess it won't.
    Otherwise I'm not sure if there's anything I want...but I always say that :P
    My recently created science blog about ants: AntyScience

I'm hoping a bunch of titles of my wishlist go on sale. I have some decently old games on it so the chances are good. There are some new titles I want, but I seriously doubt they'll go for more than 25-30% off. Luckily though other sites usually sell them for around $20-25 so I might do that. Really wanting to pick up the new Batman Arkham game that comes out in November, I believe? Borderlands Prequel I want to pick up just to play through it despite people saying bad things about it. But both aren't worth $60 to me. It might just be because I'm greedy or spoiled with low priced games :P

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Also, it took you this long to make this thread, Lucetia? You're slacking.
    Let it be known that I major'ed in slacking :P

borderlands : pre sequel for -75% is there even a slightest chance or am i dreaming??

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    borderlands : pre sequel for -75% is there even a slightest chance or am i dreaming??
    No chance 2 weeks after release. Perhaps during the 2015 summer sale but its possible we can see ~ 30-40% at max.

75%? Maybe if it's a pricing error. There's no way a game released that short ago hits 75% off. I'd figure 25% or 33%. Probably 25%.

For me, I'm looking forward to seeing if Divinity: Original Sin and/or 'Mordor goes on sale. Both I've considered purchasing...at full price (gasp!)...but decided to wait for a discount.

Hoping for a discount on Divinity: Original Sin but probably gonna have to wait for the Autumn/Winter sale for it.

No chance at all. You'll be lucky it will have a discount at all this close to its release.

Pretty much only hoping for Walking Dead S2 at this point, hopefully 75% off.