Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Project Titan to be unveiled at Blizzcon 2013?

Blizzard said that they decided to cancel 2012 Blizzcon and have the next one in 2013. They said that they want to focus their time and resources on "getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players’ hands as soon as possible.” While this may be true, is it possible that they are also hard at work on Titan to maybe preview something at the next Blizzcon?

Titan has been in the works for quite a while now. I mean if we compare, WoW development started in 2000, it was announced in 2001, and was finally released in 2004. Doesn't that mean that it's about time for them to at least show people a snippet of what they've been working on for so long? I don't think Blizzard would've cancelled 2012 Blizzcon without making sure that 2013 Blizzcon would be something unforgettable.

-What are your thoughts on this?

I'd be shocked if they don't have a Titan reveal at Blizzcon 2013. I'm sure they'll unveil the next WoW x-pack too.

Diablo 3 and MoP are bringing a lot of new concepts to the table. My guess is that they want to test out these concepts before basing Titan on them. Whether this means that we will get a sneak peak next year, I'd say chances are decent, but as we know Blizzard, they are not afraid of postponing stuff...

Deleted
    I'm still slightly bummed that Titan is gonna be casual.

Anyway, I really doubt Blizzard can afford to take as much time developing games as in the past. Activision wants numbers. I expect Titan info to start coming in soon, very likely next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post

Anyway, I really doubt Blizzard can afford to take as much time developing games as in the past. Activision wants numbers. I expect Titan info to start coming in soon, very likely next year.
    Considering the game has been in development for at least 4 years already, they can take as much time as they usually do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Considering the game has been in development for at least 4 years already, they can take as much time as they usually do.
    I think that Activision will be pushing them to wrap things up now. You can't really sell an expansion without releasing the original.

Though I guess they'd be waiting to see how well Guild Wars 2 does, and make their plans from there. The better GW2 performs, the faster they'll release Titan.

15+ Year Old Account

Every game is casual, sorry.

To OP, would be nice, but no one has any official answers, and I'm sure we'll all find out the same time you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be one of those people coming in with so called unofficial sources... but I happened to meet a Blizzard employee through a very lucky Craigslist transaction (which isn't very surprising considering I live in So Cal and it was no less than a mile away from Blizz HQ). My girlfriend and I naturally, and politely, bombarded him with questions about WoW, the current state of D3, and of course the elusive Titan. He obviously couldn't say much, but he did say look out for the next Blizzcon for something about it. That's all we could get out of him, but considering the length of time we've been waiting, I think its enough to look forward to.
    Last edited by Suave Zombie; 2012-06-24 at 07:50 AM.

Blizzcon 2012 is being replaced by Titancon2012! The entire conference is being dedicated to Titan this year. So that's what the deal is.

...not sure how everyone will know to get their tickets, though.

I'd love them to release something about Titan, I'm so eager to see it.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Deleted
    I think that blizzard already knows that MoP wont have that much success in the beginning so i guess they try to turtle up this year and save as much money as they can for development and other things and since they released Diablo 3 there isn't that much "New Info" about there and lets face it organizing takes a lot of time and a TRUCK load of money

Deleted
    You don't think them releasing three games (or well, planning to at least) this has nothing to do with the decision?

It sounds logical, I don't think the game will come out until 2015 at the earliest though.

Deleted
    I would think Blizzcon '13 would be mostly about revealing new WoW expansion, maybe some bigger D3 patch, no idea what state SC2 is in. Might be a bit early for revealing Titan (and yea, I know revealing doesn't mean release at all).

15+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 is casual that doesn't make it a bad game.

All i know is, they better have something epic planed for 2013 to make up for canceling this years :<

They better since they canceled 2012 blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't cancel Blizzcon, they just didn't have it this year. it's not an annual event.

Anyways, I hope so. Would be cool to see what the game is like or about.

10+ Year Old Account

So, after releasing the fastest selling pc game with record numbers, having the most succesful subscribtion based game on the market and one of the more succesfull esport games, the need for more profit isn't satisfied? You think even activision is so driven by greed? lol...

As Heart of the swarm will release, they can more or less do the fuck they want in the next year.

I think that Activision will be pushing them to wrap things up now. You can't really sell an expansion without releasing the original.

Though I guess they'd be waiting to see how well Guild Wars 2 does, and make their plans from there. The better GW2 performs, the faster they'll release Titan.
    Lol cus yeah blizz are really worried about guild wars 2, just like they were about star wars killing wow.

They could release project titan at the end of the year and wow would still have more subscribers than it after 1 year. FACT.