Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Sometimes you get very lucky and get the easiest of the easy Champ Packs. Last night ran into a:

Vortex, Jailer, Teleporter, Waller Pack.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

Too me it's just one of the more annoying points in the game. The whole concept that some of the elite packs are harder than the bosses has never made sense to me. I know that rng is the basis of D3, but still certain combos are basically unbeatable for all but the most heavily geared toons. And I'm not talking about hard to kill packs, which take you 5 mins of kiting or dying half a dozen times to kill them. Those make sense in the game. Mostly.

No Ive ran across packs on 3 separate occasions that I was flat out unable to beat no matter what I threw at them. Didn't matter what combo of skills or toons we tried. My fav was a jailer/horde/mortar/fast set I ran into in a cave in act 1 inferno on my monk. I tried it with my monk +2 barbs and a dh, 2 dhs, 3 dhs, 3 wiz, barb wd dh, etc. The horde and mortar combo was unbeatable when you had very limited room to maneuver and could be jailed. The closest was having 3wiz going archon at the same time, which killed half the horde but I died and then the jailer mortar combo shredded the wizards. Now some ppl will argue that they have never ran across an elite pack that they couldn't kill. Thats awesome for you. I personally have never found a 1700 dps weapon. But I know they exist. Play D3 long enough and you will hit an "Elite wall" sooner or later

So 2 ways to look at it:
    1 is to gear up and get better. Thing is ,of course, you can apply that argument to any situation, whether it has a basis in reality or not. Something like saying, " So you can't bench press 500 pounds? Well better work out more.". The fact that 99.999% of the earths population couldn't bench that weight if they worked out every day of their lives having escaped the attention of the the ppl who love to say that.

2nd is to just accept that you are gonna die with certain packs cause someone at blizz thought that it would be funny to have something that resembles Russian roulette as a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kromagnuts View Post
    [...]
    No Ive ran across packs on 3 separate occasions that I was flat out unable to beat no matter what I threw at them. Didn't matter what combo of skills or toons we tried. My fav was a jailer/horde/mortar/fast set I ran into in a cave in act 1 inferno on my monk. I tried it with my monk +2 barbs and a dh, 2 dhs, 3 dhs, 3 wiz, barb wd dh, etc. The horde and mortar combo was unbeatable when you had very limited room to maneuver and could be jailed. The closest was having 3wiz going archon at the same time, which killed half the horde but I died and then the jailer mortar combo shredded the wizards. Now some ppl will argue that they have never ran across an elite pack that they couldn't kill. Thats awesome for you. I personally have never found a 1700 dps weapon. But I know they exist. Play D3 long enough and you will hit an "Elite wall" sooner or later
    [...]
    In all honesty I still do not own a "1700 DPS" weapon myself and I am around 6.3k elite kills, there were only a few packs which I could not kill. I usually blow up hordes via trapping them in narrow spaces and ss out of jailor or tank a mortar with it. The only issue would be "fast" hence why I switched to Frost Arrow.

You forget your 3rd option by the way: skip the pack or restart the game.

Also this one should wake some memories.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    I like the challenge of hard packs, except invulnerable minions.

I hate invulnerable minions as a Wizard.

Deleted
    am i the only one who finds shielding a annoying stat as monk .. ( dat life on hit isnt working !! ) :|