Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    All I know is that if someone who commits an act of paedophilia, for example, and does not have the single shred of humanity left in them that would implore them to take their own lives for it, then someone should do it for them. That among others are some things for which I would make an exception the concept of not taking another's life, and truthfully it's not something I would lose any sleep over. I would demand harsher prisons however, if we're going along the altruistic route; this BS of flat screen TVs, DVD players, Internet access etc makes prison more of a holiday away from home.

Attaching the word "Slaughter" to it applies an unintended bias

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I would demand harsher prisons however, if we're going along the altruistic route; this BS of flat screen TVs, DVD players, Internet access etc makes prison more of a holiday away from home.
    Funny you should say that. In the prision system here in my state "medium" level prisoners get to have a flat screen and a ps3... Shouldnt they just be in a 4x4 cell with nothing to do....
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    So a serious question here for you. What if the person who say Murder a young family.. Does all the right things in prison, Acts like he is rehabilited. Gets let out and does its again. Then what?
    Then that's a problem with the rehabilitation system. I'm not sure what country you live in, but if it's anything like the prison system here, most inmates come out of prison worse than they were when they were first brought in. The problem with the system is that by simply being in prison, you're automatically forced into survival mode. It's every man for himself, and under those conditions, people learn to be more cunning, selfish, and generally more aggressive. When inmates finally get out, they don't know how to live any other way if they've been locked up long enough. Their experience in prison translates into our non-criminal world in a negative way. So the question is not, "What do you do when he gets let out and does it again?", but rather, "What do we do to ensure that anyone released is going to be able to migrate back into a normal community?"

Can we instead throw criminals to a lawless tropical island where they can kill each other and make a reality show out of it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    Then that's a problem with the rehabilitation system. I'm not sure what country you live in, but if it's anything like the prison system here, most inmates come out of prison worse than they were when they were first brought in. The problem with the system is that by simply being in prison, you're automatically forced into survival mode. It's every man for himself, and under those conditions, people learn to be more cunning, selfish, and generally more aggressive. When inmates finally get out, they don't know how to live any other way if they've been locked up long enough. Their experience in prison translates into our non-criminal world in a negative way. So the question is not, "What do you do when he gets let out and does it again?", but rather, "What do we do to ensure that anyone released is going to be able to migrate back into a normal community?"
    Australia and we have the same system. But my point im trying to express is that if you are like the Andres Brevik or what ever he is called then death is the only option.. Im not talking about lets say a drunk driver who was too stupid to get behind the wheel and accidently kill someone and is remoseful... I dont want to see people who are physchopaths let out
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Can we instead throw criminals to a lawless tropical island where they can kill each other and make a reality show out of it too?
    They tried that once and we got Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I think your onto the new reality tv show there mate

General George S Patton

So a serious question here for you. What if the person who say Murder a young family.. Does all the right things in prison, Acts like he is rehabilited. Gets let out and does its again. Then what?
    Then the rehabilitation system is blatantly flawed and you're basing moral issues on a rare "what if" case.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    They tried that once and we got Australia.
    WATCH IT BUDDY :P ill shank u

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Then the rehabilitation system is blatantly flawed and you're basing moral issues on a rare "what if" case.
    And yes i know its a what if case but do u not believe that murders and all the bad people shouldnt be punished more harshly

General George S Patton

Slaughtering is a rather heavy word to use on this topic and should be avoided! No, I do not think it's right because murder is murder regardless of the situation you're in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Australia and we have the same system. But my point im trying to express is that if you are like the Andres Brevik or what ever he is called then death is the only option.. Im not talking about lets say a drunk driver who was too stupid to get behind the wheel and accidently kill someone and is remoseful... I dont want to see people who are physchopaths let out
    You're certainly right that some people will never reach a point where they're capable of rejoining society. In that case, I think they should be locked up for life. Putting someone to death is barbaric, no matter the reason. It should be left to medieval history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong or right, justice or vengeance, blue or red, its still killing. The motives are irrelevant. The action is undeniable. As for what punishment should be thats up to the government to decide. No one has the right to take another persons life but morals are subjective so you can argue that you do have it but you'd be considered pretty irrational to think that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I just got out of watching Death Note again and while I enjoy the series, I can never find put why they oppose Kira and mark his actions as "murder" and "evil". If someone in our real world went around and began a mass killing spree of criminals and felons wouldn't our world be a better place?
    It is murder, also and this is important. How would you know if someone was actually guilty of the crime they were accused of. We live in a world where the rule of law must be held in high. if we start taking justice in our own hands we become a lawless anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the only way to disallow the whole world turning into a nightmarish eye for an eye bloodbath is to create a judicial system in which an impartial outsider delivers justice on our behalf. If we didn't have it the world would run on vigilante justice and ultimately people would be able to kill each other for no other reason besides "I believe this person should die". There has to be order. With that said, it's still humans sentencing other humans to death, but at least there's rhyme and reason to it. It's not perfect, but neither are we.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Wrong or right, justice or vengeance, blue or red, its still killing. The motives are irrelevant. The action is undeniable. As for what punishment should be thats up to the government to decide. No one has the right to take another persons life but morals are subjective so you can argue that you do have it but you'd be considered pretty irrational to think that way.
    I'm not sure what you mean here when you say, "...up to the government to decide." and follow it with, "No one has the right to take another persons life." The government are people, and they're not better than you. They're supposed to work for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got out of watching Death Note again and while I enjoy the series, I can never find put why they oppose Kira and mark his actions as "murder" and "evil". If someone in our real world went around and began a mass killing spree of criminals and felons wouldn't our world be a better place?
    I googled Death Note, but all I found was silly animes. Not sure what you're on about.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Think that anime makes that a clear...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    is "pulling a weed" a crime against nature?, Nope weed is bad for other plants and it has to be removed for them to flourish....so utilizing such sh1t as criminals should not only be legal but obligatory.

Better in that way than giving them food and shelter paid by victims taxes.

And yes i know its a what if case but do u not believe that murders and all the bad people shouldnt be punished more harshly
    Not really. Prison isn't all gumdrops and rainbows. An eye for an eye is a terrible system and killing a person nor committing other crimes doesn't make someone a monster instantly worthy of death. Not to mention the one killing the criminal is no better than a murderer. Government funded and approved murder is not justice.