Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    The designs are the EXACT same, and most Pokemon designs are pretty unique. (Besides the obvious)

indeed, theres a difference in taking a plain animal or something like a Dragon with a basic generic model, but most the pokemon are fairly unique models, these were clear copies. on some they havnt even bothered to change the colours. i'm not really a pokemon fan by the way, i just dont think its right to do such clear ripoffs like that. you cant deny they have stolen pokemons models and recoloured them,

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Huh? Infuriated? It's a damn popular game last I remember reading.

Facebook, mobile and social "games" are all shameless clones for the most part anyways, I don't see what makes this any more special than the thousands of other clones.

Popular or no, it doesn't really give it the right to blatently rip off Pokemon, or anything else for that matter.
    Nothing makes it special besides Pokemon being a big part of my life growing up. Might as well try and do something about a product you like/d than something you don't give a damn about.
    Last edited by Krothar; 2012-06-24 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    I would agree with you, but I personally don't agree with someone making money off anothers work. They've not even tried to hide it.
    This happens all the time. Just got to get used to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobywongg View Post
    Maybe. But it wont stop us trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywongg View Post
    It's a bit different when they don't even make the slightest effort to hide it.

Why defend Pokemon? It's not as if it's creators are short of cash after releasing dozens of identical games. And it's not as if they'll lose much to a tacky Facebook game that will be deleted as soon as anyone from Facebook actually looks at it.

Try defending small independent games from the likes of Zynga...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Why defend Pokemon? It's not as if it's creators are short of cash after releasing dozens of identical games. And it's not as if they'll lose much to a tacky Facebook game that will be deleted as soon as anyone from Facebook actually looks at it.

Again, it's not about the size of the company. I grew up on Pokemon and see it as pretty shitty that someone is so blatantly ripping it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

People WANT Pokemon as it's released, Pokemon is the big seller for Nintendo handheld, why not defend them? They are well made fun games that obviously have time put into them. You could argue that the third game in the gen is usually the same as the other two (IE: Pearl/Diamond and then Platinum with small changes) but don't try to say Gen 1 is the same game as Gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It's a bit different when they don't even make the slightest effort to hide it.
    You mean like all the other clones that make little effort to hide the fact that they're a clone? :P

I'd love to see this kind of cloning nonsense end, but it's highly unless there are some radical shifts in video game law. Clones aren't illegal and it's hard to prove that a clone is infringing upon any copyright materials ect. in court. That and clones aren't necessarily a bad thing for the owners of the original content, as they sometimes end up seeing an increase in users who find their game after playing the initial clone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You mean like all the other clones that make little effort to hide the fact that they're a clone? :P

I'd love to see this kind of cloning nonsense end, but it's highly unless there are some radical shifts in video game law. Clones aren't illegal and it's hard to prove that a clone is infringing upon any copyright materials ect. in court. That and clones aren't necessarily a bad thing for the owners of the original content, as they sometimes end up seeing an increase in users who find their game after playing the initial clone.
    This isn't an issue of cloned mechanics or similar playstyles though. This is actual artwork and character models being copied. It's alike to a game being released on the Ps3 with a Blue Master Chief in it.
    Yes, Monster's Planet is in no way as big as anything to be released on the Ps3, but big or small, plagarism is plagarism.

I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    i thought its fine they are only copying style, then i looked at the deviantart pic.

damn shameless copy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Maybe not. It doesn't need to matter for us to want to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I blatantly plagiarised your statement in my sig, are you still so sure?

anyway, it looks like someone wanted to make derpy pokemon and failed miserably, I suppose nintendo could sue, but I doubt the creators of the game have any money to speak of so I doubt it'll make any financial sense for nintendo to do this. I wouldn't be surprised if it got shut down pretty soon though.