Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So they have decided to alienate their population by increasing the system requirements to these of the newer games?
    To answer your question, clearly no, they haven't.

There's absolutely nothing in WoW which requires a $300 videocard, or multicore processor.
    Good thing those things aren't even in the recommended specs then, isn't it?
    Last edited by Larwood; 2012-06-25 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    To answer your question, clearly no, they haven't.

Good thing those things aren't even in the recommended specs then, isn't it?
    The MINIMUM, not even recommended, will require a multi-core processor. Please read before you comment to at least sound semi-intelligent.

I have a single core. Guess I'm farked, huh?

Too bad to me that I've been playing since April of 2006, I just get left behind.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Let's compare to skyrim, which was released last year.

minimum requirements:

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit) - roughly the same
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor - roughly the same, maybe slightly higher than MoP's given you can get dual cores will less than 2ghz
    2GB System RAM - the same
    6GB free HDD Space - lower requirement, but not really an issue
    Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM - a higher requirement, given both of MoP's required cards commonly had 256 MB
    DirectX compatible sound card - presumably the same
    Internet access for Steam activation - the same/irrelevant

And the recommended requirements:

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit) - perhaps slightly lower, but XP is over a decade old now it's time to move on
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU - a much higher recommendation
    4GB System RAM - the same
    6GB free HDD space - see above
    DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher). - again, a much higher recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    increasing the system requirements to these of the newer games?
    And that's comparing to one of the lowest requirements games. Compare to your average 'newer game' like your battlefield 3s and your modern warfare 3s, WoW's requirements are absolutely nothing.

Fun observation, Mists has similar requirements to Crysis, a game released 5 years ago. Women have fallen in love, married, become pregnant, given birth, and raised children who can walk and talk in the lag time between 'newer games' requirements and WoW's requirements.
    Last edited by Larwood; 2012-06-25 at 01:25 PM.

Blizzard requested delete posts related to MoP cover on Official WoW Funsites

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    The MINIMUM, not even recommended, will require a multi-core processor. Please read before you comment to at least sound semi-intelligent.
    No, the minimum requires a dual core processor. Multi core refers to more than 2 in general parlance. $300 video cards and multicore processors, which you complained about, aren't in the minimum OR the recommended (hence I skipped to simply saying "aren't even in the recommended specs"). Please try consider if you have your own facts straight before attempting to insult the intelligence of others.

But hey, let me try to fix your problem for you. A single core processor bought in mid 2006 was likely using a LGA775 socket* so let's have a look...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-E2160-...item1c13026164

See, that wasn't too hard. Just stop paying for wow for a few months and you'll be able to afford that easily. Not that it would really be worth it, you'd be better off getting a whole new system probably (better chips on newer sockets are cheaper than that).

*feel free to correct me on what socket you have

Diggin' the box. Also, Black = Red.

and why juggalos?

The ICP in MMO was random and that makes it funny.

I'm indifferent against the box, some green was used for BC. I say the box should be black and white to honor pandas.

Well guess that means my system from 2010 with a AMD 64 bit CPU might be farked then for playing MoP even though it's played wrath and cata absolutely fine. It's kinda like how when wrath came out blizzard forced us all to have shadows turned on permanetly under every character's feet, without even basic shadows on it was a nice speed improvement on an older rig with bc/vanilla. Mind you though I can't see system requirements being upped that much this is just an expansion for WoW they havent exactly updated all the models and textures in the game either.

All I can do I suppose is get MoP and have everything turned down low and it should be playable. Because the more I think about it Blizzard's just saying Dual Core so they don't get flooded with complaints about people with CPU's older then 2010 whining why it doesn't run smooth. Hell a friend of mine two years ago had managed to run wrath on a computer from 2002 and it actually ran.. barely ran but it ran LOL.
    Last edited by Pellaeon; 2012-06-25 at 04:41 PM.

wow people are really complaining about the system spec?
    Intel dropped the Core 2 Duo in 2006. Every half decent machine in the last 6 years has had a dual core processor. If you can't play then feel free to take your potato and go play solitaire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I bought a comp with these specs early 2006 and back then it wasn't even high end. Seriously what rigs are your people gaming on? If they bought 2009 their comp should be a lot better that these recommendations.
    Funny enough, I did buy mine in 2009. My brother assembled it for me once he had all the parts, and I did it on a budget of a little under $600. And the thing worked fine in WotLK with settings on "medium"-ish?

I'm figuring either I should've increased the budget or I'm clueless about what stuff I actually need. Maybe both. :S
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    I seented that box before reddit.

Pft Koreans get a refund, I should too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Funny enough, I did buy mine in 2009. My brother assembled it for me once he had all the parts, and I did it on a budget of a little under $600. And the thing worked fine in WotLK with settings on "medium"-ish?

I'm figuring either I should've increased the budget or I'm clueless about what stuff I actually need. Maybe both. :S
    WoW wants basically only one thing: CPU horsepower. That means; Yeah most folks out there running a LGA 7xx are screwed if they want to do 25man w/o massive FPS lag fest.

My Rig was: C2D E6600; 4Gigs RAM (Wayne WoW only uses 1.3 or so); 8800GTX (Was twiddling it's circuits with 10% GPU usage in Raids).
    My average FPS in Dragonsoul was.. 10. Yup.. 5 or less in AOE heavy situations (WITHOUT parsing Addons like recount). (Playing on ultra (-Shadows) because graphic settings didn't matter. Fun thing huh?)
    That's why I call these "recommendations" BS.

Well guess that means my system from 2010 with a AMD 64 bit CPU might be farked then for playing MoP even though it's played wrath and cata absolutely fine. It's kinda like how when wrath came out blizzard forced us all to have shadows turned on permanetly under every character's feet, without even basic shadows on it was a nice speed improvement on an older rig with bc/vanilla.
    I raided till May 2012 with the basic "blob" shadows under my characters feet, because my 8800GTX didn't like the new ones at all. Check your options. Chances are that your CPU will run MoP just fine, test it in Beta.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-06-25 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    I've got a high end 2011 PC, and I still get fps drops/lag etc. Playing on Ultra, but still... so don't BS people.
    Really? I paid 1.7k for mine in 2010 and I can play two copies of WoW -- one on ultra and the other on medium with no problems. I might even be able to play an additional game (Bad Company 2, for instance) with lowered settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    My Rig was: C2D E6600; 4Gigs RAM (Wayne WoW only uses 1.3 or so); 8800GTX (Was twiddling it's circuits with 10% GPU usage in Raids).
    My average FPS in Dragonsoul was.. 10. Yup.. 5 or less in AOE heavy situations (WITHOUT parsing Addons like recount). (Playing on ultra (-Shadows) because graphic settings didn't matter. Fun thing huh?)
    My current rig is, 2.8ghz Pentium 4, 2gb of RAM and an X1650pro. I get around 15 fps in LFR (and not everything is on "low" either, most settings are good, except maybe shadows and particle and turned off sound effects.) Learn to tweak your settings a little and it runs ok. I'm hoping to get a new laptop soon, before MoP, but even so, I'm actually confident I could quest and run dungeons on my current system, maybe even run 10 mans.

Deleted
    I thought the intro was really funny lol, and casey's reply to it even more so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallius View Post
    This is why we need a good ol' fashion apocalypse. Humanity needs a reset button of biblical proportions. They wanted a refund ... are you f*cking kidding me?! What a bunch of children! They should be thankful the game was even released in their territory. I mean Jesus Christ, how entitled do you have to feel when you're demanding refunds for server issues from an ONLINE GAME?! Did they miss the memo?? I would think the term "online required" had some inherent implications that these people would understand by this point, but no. No, they'd rather rage and whine like they always do because it's just another 'cause' for them to get behind in cyberspace.

Oh, and to hell with 'blizz should have known' and all that BS, too, because no one on this planet is perfect and even Blizz f*cks up once and a while. Stay calm, go make some cereal, watch youtube, whatever. Just chill for a bit and things will work themselves out. I swear, if it's one thing I've grown to hate over these last 8 years it's the Blizzard fan base and their unwavering adolescent behavior. I've never come across a more bratty group of people and I doubt I ever will. ... Actually, Bioware fanboys/girls are pretty damn bad, too.
    LOL. I think you've been taking it from big business for too long. A bit of Stockholm syndrome if you will.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pbean View Post
    Guys for ~$100 you have a PC which conforms to the minimum requirements. For $200 you could get one which conforms to the recommended. For ~$400 you can have a PC which will run Wow until the next expansion. These requirements are the same as high games had 5 years ago, literally. If you're a gamer, prepare to spend some money on a gaming rig every once in a while. Or do you expect Wow to still run in a Pentium III?
    Another LOL-inducing post. Show us where we can get such a PC for $100/$200/$400.

There's a post up there that points out that the requirements are very misleading because it does not seem to account for large PVE raids.

Deleted
    guess i rly need to upgrade my pc

Deleted
    looks good