Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Vampires, no doubt.

    They're basically already dead, so it'll be hard for a werewolf to kill one. If i remember correctly then the only way to kill a vampire is to impale their heart with a wooden stake, using garlic somehow and expose it to direct sunlight.
    I highly doubt a werewolf will use a wooden stake or a garlic in a battle and a werewolf can only transform at direct moonlight, so the sunlight weakness hardly matters in a one on one battle.

    Vampires can also turn into bats, which might come in handy.
    Vampires can also be damage by others vampires (claws) and by werewolfs claws

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    This REALLY depends on what our definitions are of the two...If we're talking a weak puny Vampire that's simply a human with superior strength etc that's not impressive compared to a werewolf as it is as someone pointed out still animal vs human in a physical struggle animals tend to win... But if this is indeed the proper type of vampire, the kind that can transform into several very dangerous things and do very spectacular things, along the lines of the legend of Dracula, then clearly a savage werewolf will perish.

    Then again both are essentially immortal and invincible with a few exceptions, none of which either side would think of using to slay the other. So it's an endless struggle.


    FYI, vampires are not "harmed" by sunlight, they just cant use the full extent of their powers then, Dracula preferred to sleep through the day, and it was said that his location was kept hidden while sleeping as that was the only time he could possibly be killed, by a wooden stake that is.
    Well true, but if you want to use a hight class vampire, use as well a hight class werewolf (alfa) and in 1 vs 1, it depends, but i think werewolfs win, why? Hight class werewolf are not mere savages, they have the intelligence of a human, the sense and power of a beast, and group vs group... well... werewolfs... why? When werewolfs are with their packs they become stronger, literaly, not only that they work together as a pack but they get stronger (faster, stronger, etc...)

  2. #42
    I'd prefer the vampires simply because werewolves don't have much control over their ferociousness during full moon, and as such they are raging beasts who may kill their friends. On the other hand, vampires could survive on animal blood.

    In terms of weaknesses, the vampire ones are greater as it stands, sunlight, garlic, holy water, while werewolves only have the silver problem. So this is a major plus for werewolves, but not at the cost of potentially being able to kill loved ones without being able to control oneself.

    However, werewolves can die of old age, while vampires can not. So if you turn all loved ones to vampires, you're all set.

    It's kind of annoying not being able to see yourself in a mirror though. But not worse then smelling like wet dog all the time.



    I disagree strongly for several reasons, firstly, the first werewolf was Lycaon and he was said to be immortal so why aren't other Lycanthropes?, secondly, I don't think animal blood is enough for Vampires and even if it was where would they get it from; ordering some would be costly and draw suspicion and even if you lived in the forest and hunted for free the amount of dead animals completely drained of blood was also draw suspicion and thirdly why would you smell of wet dog all the time? you're only half a wolf once a month (that's 1/28 days max)
    Last edited by niconicovoid; 2014-04-26 at 09:01 PM. Reason: incorrect

  3. #43
    Vampires would use tactics and weapons. Why would they try to manfight a werewolf? At least if we go by vampires = smart and wolfs = feral, werewolfs wouldnt stand a chance.

    Maybe they would kill a few vampires, but overall it's just like humans vs any predator.

  4. #44

    Werewolf vs Vampire = One F**ked up Vampire Corpse

    Firstly the first werewolf was Lycaon and he was said to be 'cursed' with immortality so surely that means other Lycanthropes are immortal too, secondly, I don't think animal blood is enough for Vampires and even if it was where would they get it from; ordering some would be costly and draw suspicion and even if they lived in the forest and hunted for free the amount of dead animals completely drained of blood would also draw suspicion and thirdly why would you smell of wet dog all the time? you're only half a wolf once a month (that's 1/28 days max). Werewolves are stronger, quicker, more inconspicuous (no one blames an animal attack on an innocent human do they), and over time they just get stronger from absorbing the moonlight as well as they can learn to control their transformation whereas Vampires are constantly craving blood and will attack anything to get to it and finally werewolves have only one weakness silver, which is just as lethal to Vampires, Amborgio, the first Vampire was cursed by the goddess Artemis to never touch silver along with numerous other weaknesses so even if metal can kill werewolves, the vampires won't be able to pick up the silver sword to fight, meaning they have to resort to close combat which just ends up with one f**ked up Vampire corpse. A Burn!!!!!

  5. #45
    vampires. all sorts of cool magical powers. and if you use the volkihar, the werewolf is fucked because the vampire lord form is as physically strong as a werewolf and is modified by magical energy. also, mist form and poisonous talons.

  6. #46
    One on one, I'd probably go with the Werewolf. So long as the Vampire doesn't have some kind of advantage like weaponry or the Werewolf not being able to transform, the Werewolf is just so much stronger and pretty much ignores most of the Vampire's advantages. Werewolves can't be bitten or mesmerised or seduced, and has far more strength and speed.

    Of course, Vampires are usually quite smart in fiction. So a Vampire would never fight fair, and would make sure they either have numbers, weapons or some other advantage to tip the odds in their favour. Or just convince some humans to hunt the Werewolf for them while they stand back and watch.

  7. #47
    Werewolf because according to South Park vampires are gay

  8. #48
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,265
    I'm just so happy that I saw Prey Upon's art and recognized it... AND IT ALSO REALLY BOTHERS ME THAT THE VAMPIRE PICTURE DIDN'T LOAD!

    I'm inclined to say a Werewolf would win in a fight, assuming there are no weapons. Add those in and your question might as well be "Who would win, a man with a sword, or a lion?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  9. #49
    The Patient Kyux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    200
    I think it heavily depends on the accompanying lore etc but my gut feeling is werewolves. They have less weaknesses, seem to be stronger and still retain the same intelligence as vampires.

  10. #50
    Dreadlord Ironjaws-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    A forest in Sweden
    Posts
    950
    Hard to say really, depends on what myths etc you go after.

    If choosing by what I like most, I would go with Werewolves, always liked them more then Vampires (mainly cause getting them suckers shoved down the throat all the times).

    I always go with it's rather even between them both in a battle, both have pros and cons.

    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Dont be silly now.. of course they do..

    OT, have to go with vamps as well. Besides, in almost every movie and show that has them both, werewolves are the underdogs.
    Well, ain't reason duo the fact Vampires are more popular then Werewolves? Just seeing latest movies, books, series etc, vamps everywhere lol. Would probably be the opposite if Werewolves where the popular ones.
    Mix red and blue, what do we get?

    Horde + Alliance = Epic

  11. #51
    That depends completely on the interpretation of the two, I mean there are so many radically different concepts of the two it's impossible to even know what someone is talking about when they use those words anymore. Well I say anymore... really there was never any universal definition of them, the early myths are highly divergent and pretty vague.

    But I'm going to say werewolf because I like werewolves.

    P.S. This really seems like the sort of thread that should have a poll.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Going from the original myth the vampire wins easily. The wherewolf would have no control and yust be a wild beast not really smart enough to do annything but claw at bite which cant kill a vampire. Brains >> brawn
    There's several myth archetypes the vampire draws from and they vary greatly in nature and power. A lot of the early myths are more like what today we'd call a ghoul or zombie actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  12. #52
    Whichever has the most fan girls.

  13. #53
    Brewmaster Warlord Booty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    1,489
    Obviously, if we had built 2 3v3 or 5v5 arena teams, vampires should win most times. That being popculture influenced. Traditional myths, it might depend on who learns of the other first? Vamp night hunting a sleeping human that hasn't changed, a human hunting a day sleeping vamp etc

    We wouldn't assume "Dear Wolfie, i know about you. Meet me at the flagpole at the next full moon at midnight. Come alone. signed, Vampy McVamp" cuz that's just idiotic.

    I'd lean Vampires.

  14. #54
    The only weakness of the Lycanthrope/werewolf is silver, however, a vampire can never kill a werewolf because vampires are cursed to never ever ever ever touch silver (Ambrogio) therefore the vampire would have to resort to hand to hand combat resulting in his head being torn off, the only person capable of killing a werewolf is honestly only either an extremely talented mortal werewolf hunter or another werewolf, in a war werewolves would dominate, then mortal hunters, then twishite werewolves/puppies then vampires, then twishite vampires (which would commit suicide in self grief crying "I sparkle" BOOM! a bullet is fired)

  15. #55
    Pit Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Obviously, if we had built 2 3v3 or 5v5 arena teams, vampires should win most times. That being popculture influenced. Traditional myths, it might depend on who learns of the other first? Vamp night hunting a sleeping human that hasn't changed, a human hunting a day sleeping vamp etc

    We wouldn't assume "Dear Wolfie, i know about you. Meet me at the flagpole at the next full moon at midnight. Come alone. signed, Vampy McVamp" cuz that's just idiotic.

    I'd lean Vampires.
    I don't know about that. Depends on what lore you are following but werewolves become SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful when they are in a pack. If it was 1v1 a vampire would have a real chance, but in a pack they'd most likely get slaughtered.

  16. #56
    Definitely Werewolves maybe not the best myth, but damn they look cool.

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Agoonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    3,102
    Vampires are strategists. I think the Werewolf would win in a 1v1 brawl against a Vampire.

  18. #58
    There are far too many variants in the respective lore of both creatures to definitively say which would win in a combat situation, though selecting a specific version of each to discuss would be interesting. Regardless, I don't think the common werewolf weakness to silver should be taken into account, considering it was just made up less than a century ago and has no link to older werewolf lore.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

  19. #59
    Werewolf on a 1 on 1. I tend to base my lore on WoD and vampires are more balanced between social abilities and combat, whereas the werewolf is far more combat oriented. For that very reason though, it's not very likely to be a 1 on 1.

  20. #60
    The Patient Nathreim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    297
    If you go by the traditional European myths werewolves are much stronger.

    Werewolves don't need the moon to transform that was an invention of Hollywood they can turn at will and during the day. Silver, Fire, decapitation, and wolfs bane are the only way to kill a Werewolf. Wolfs bane can kill but is more of a painful deterrent like garlic for a vampire.

    Vampires sometimes die when exposed to sunlight others are just inanimate during the day but all the old myths agree that they cant walk during the daytime. Daywalking is a movie thing they cant operate during the daytime. Silver, holy items, decapitation, stake through the heart, and sunlight will work almost 100% of the time. Garlic, running water (a river), and holy ground will keep a vampire at bay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    There are far too many variants in the respective lore of both creatures to definitively say which would win in a combat situation, though selecting a specific version of each to discuss would be interesting. Regardless, I don't think the common werewolf weakness to silver should be taken into account, considering it was just made up less than a century ago and has no link to older werewolf lore.
    Silver killing werewolves is far far older than 100 years.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2014-06-13 at 05:48 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •