Poll: Have you lost faith in Bioware?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    After the Extended Cut today, my "no" became a "hell to the freakin no." The DLC was amazing and better than I ever hoped it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I liked Bioware untill DA:2...

I know the arguement is getting old and has been heard a million times or more, but it still remains. DA:O is still one of my favorite games, but I must admitt, I've lost my love for Bioware. I'm kinda, sorta hoping they'll scrap most of what they did in DA:2 and go back to the original model that made DA:O as great as it was. Untill then, Bethesda Game Studio has my heart. And with the MMO they're working on based on TES, I'm most likely gonna be on board that bandwagon for a long while.

But I'm ever an optimist. I'm sure Bioware will look back and say "We gotta change this, fast". Heck, I'm even one of the few who still silently root for EA to change their entire model and go back to being the beloved ideal they once were... As unlikely as it may seem, it can happen!
    As much as I would like for EA to change, we all know bioware is going to be phased out over the next few years and any mass effect, Dragon Age ect... will be EA only with most of the original bioware team jumping ship to form a new company, it happens every time with every merger big game corps like EA do

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm indifferent.
    ME3 was derped to hell.

*Spoilers*
    All our choices from ME1-ME3 had no significant meaning at all.
    Cool I chose to save the Rachni in ME1, and they are possessed and chained in ME3, I chose to release them.. again. What was the point? Absolutely nothing.
    They basically did the whole; Your choice in ME1 and ME2 will be carried onto ME3, but in ME3 *the end of the trilogy* they tried it, and didn't give us answers.

Sure the DLC was pretty good, it still didn't explain the StarChild/Harbringer and many other things. Why did the Harbringer, who was attempting to build a human reaper in ME2, just go soft, disappear completely and then let Shepard kill him, and his people, just because they managed to destroy a few reapers and build a big flying satelite.
    Reapers go from being super unkillable, in their many destructions of lifeforms, to being destroyed by a missile or two, I mean, that wormy thing on Tuchanka kind of would work, it was huge, and it smashed that reaper up good, and then the whole space fleet destroys one with heaps of hits, then on earth they because cardboard and die to missiles.
    Not to mention there was heaps of reapers, and a whole 3 *1 AA, 2 Regulars* in London. Reapers weren't build up as being derpy, so why was there a lack of defence or any reinforcements called. So eh.

The first half of ME3, good. The second half, dreadful. Endings, sucked.

I wished the battle could have been an epic battle, not just some battle of Shepard, and two squad members, vs a couple of reapers and a legion of reapers slaves.
    *Spoilers End*

DA2 is bleh.
    SWToR was rushed and unfinished.

MassEffect is my favourite trilogy of the 2000's, I love the lore and games *apart from the ending*, but now, due to that ending of ME3, and EA/Bioware wanting MONEHMONEYMONEH, I feel that more Mass Effect games will be brought out, and changed, to appeal to a 'wider' audience, and will destroy everything good for the series.
    If they do this, and make a terrible ME game, I'll be so sad.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Kuthe: [spoiler][./spoiler] is more effective. :P

I'm really conflicted I must admit. Played the EC yesterday, and this are the endings how they should have been from the beginning. Since I'm a rather emotional guy they got me again once or twice with the added content. Seeing a charred Garrus drag off a heavily wounded Tali, after making her promise to build her house on Rannoch, shortly before you enter that beam was really gutwrenching for me

My biggest complaint were the plotholes, and many of them were fixable with about 5 seconds of cutscene.

They got rid of those so they didn't leave you sitting there with "What the hell just happened?" written all over your face. BUT the fact that they had to deliver this after launch is the really bad thing. And since they even made some adjustments to the endings storywise like explicitly not destroying the Mass Relays it just makes me thing the artistic integrety argument was just self defence, for an unfinished game. But I think I'm biased through the unextended cut. I would have probably loved the endings if they would have always been like this. Closure they promised, and boy did they deliver. So I'll give them the benefit of doubt. I hope they have learned from it and will not do something like that again. Pretty sure no more preorders for me, but I wouldn't say I lost faith in them.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-06-27 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    No. Now go and make Baldurs Gate 3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my impression of half of the vidya game community:

Bioware: Here, buy this game.
    Community: The endings to this were a fucking turd. Fuck you.
    Bioware: Ok, ok, ok. We'll add some stuff, try to address your complaints, and give it to you for FREE along.
    Community: ...ok
    Bioware: Ok, here's the changes we made in response to your complaints about plot holes and lack of closure. For free. Oh yeah, and did you get the free multiplayer updates?
    Community: THIS IS TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.FUCK YOU.

Even if you aren't happy with the endings, the fact that they've taken the time to attempt to address the community's complaints AND given us 8 new multiplayer classes and 2 (or is it 4?) new maps all for free is pretty great. The people still raging over this just show how much the community has to mature before games can truly join films and books in the highest pantheon of story mediums.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-06-27 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    I always hated their writing, but that's just a personal gripe. Otherwise, I am indifferent towards them. But I still think ME is fucking overrated. 'Most in depth and well written scifi universe' my hairy arse.

And Dragon Age just struck me as bad ASOIF fanfic.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-06-27 at 09:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually seeing how BW handled ME3 outrage and how Blizzard is handling D3 outrage I'm rather pleased with BW.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Yes. Prior to recent controversies, they remained one of the few video game companies that seemingly cared for presenting a solid story above all else. Now, they appear to have sunk into the same pit as most of my other formerly favoured developers. They're still decent, but a lot of the previous magic has vanished in favour of questionable gimmicks and strange story directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can people strongly consider saying they've completely lost faith in a video game company, they're yet to disappoint critically.
    Though it is MMO-C, if they question was Blizzard, there would be an uproar.

Deleted
    Yes.

Dragon Age 2 was horrid. Mass Effect 3 really showed its flaws after Tunchaunka, you could start gradually seeing where they kept having to rush the game, more and more and more until we got that dreadful ending only thought up three months before release (and yes, it's in an interview).

I don't blame BioWare so much as I do EA, but they were the ones thick enough to take that paycheck. Rockstar showed you can give the REApers the finger and stay alive in the industry and they knew how many companies were shot in the head by EA when the milk turned into blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that Bioware has been releasing updates that add significant replay value to the Multiplayer ME3 experience, not to mention the huge amount of single player additions added in the Extended Cut (make no mistake that the movies, voice acting and scripting were not free for them to put in) shows me that they care about their games.

I wish they'd have put that much care into the Dragon Age franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    How can people strongly consider saying they've completely lost faith in a video game company, they're yet to disappoint critically.
    Though it is MMO-C, if they question was Blizzard, there would be an uproar.
    Because its cool to hate things and overact now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The fact that Bioware has been releasing updates that add significant replay value to the Multiplayer ME3 experience, not to mention the huge amount of single player additions added in the Extended Cut (make no mistake that the movies, voice acting and scripting were not free for them to put in) shows me that they care about their games.
    This. Doing something like the EC has been extremely costly for them. Not just from re-hiring voice actors and doing new work that they had never planned, but they had to delay their entire production schedule in order to make it happen. Doing something like that is not inexpensive.

I wish they'd have put that much care into the Dragon Age franchise.
    From what little they've been saying about DA3 so far I remain hopeful about the series' future.