Recipes when relearning a profession

I dropped Engineering mid cata for blacksmithing, because at the time I was tanking and the tinkers were unreliable, so I picked up Blacksmithing because it gave the most benefit and allowed for stat customization.

Anyway, I'm planning on picking Eng back again for MoP, but I'm wondering if all the recipes I trained while I was an engineer are lost or if I keep them. This may seem a stupid question at first, but there are seems to be some "memory" of being an engineer, like still having the mount and BoP schematics still dropping for me. If I don't have to get all the recipes back (Jeeves, for instance) I plan on picking mining before leveling in MoP and then leveling Eng at 90, but if not I might as well start it now.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

All the plans you acquired when you were an engineer are gone. You will have to relearn/re-farm the patterns. If you still held on to any crafted engineer specific items you will be able to use them again once you reached the skill level required of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be just a little bit broken if you got to keep all of your patterns. What would stop people from just max'ing a profession, then switching to another, max'ing it, and being able to bounce between them all on a whim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    it would be just a little bit broken if you got to keep all of your patterns. What would stop people from just max'ing a profession, then switching to another, max'ing it, and being able to bounce between them all on a whim?
    Not being able to keep the perks you get from said profession? There's little benefit from switching professions since they were streamlined.

Alright thanks! Just thought it was a little weird to keep getting bop schematics drops.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if you could pay a fee to relearn the patterns that you knew when you pick up a profession you had previously dropped.

You would still have to level the profession again to be able to use them so I don't really see what it would be hurting.

From vanilla to Wrath I had nearly ever single Tailoring Recipe. In the gap between WotLk and Cata when I stopped playing, my account had been hacked and the hacker dropped my tailoring and picked up herb to bot with my other profession mining. When I came back to cata 2 months after release I went through some steps to get my account back and when I realized I had been hacked began writing a ticket. I went to my bank to see what was left and found ~100 stacks of cata herbs and ore. I decided creating a ticket to get my meaningless dated patterns back was not worth the thousands of gold worth of current content mats. So I got an authenticator and never mentioned a word to bliz that my account had been hacked.

LoL...why would anyone drop a profession when you have the rare patterns/recipes/schematics in the first place?

But really to answer your question, it isn’t as easy as that. When you drop a profession you completely unlearn it. You don’t get the patterns, etc back if you plan on taking it up again later.

But I remember doing it just after Cataclysm launched on my JC and when the rare meta cuts were freaking expensive. I had switched from my Pally tank to my DK tank after Paladins got a CD to WOG, and DKs were kinda OP with DS spam. I managed to buy 1 (Strength) and found another cut (Agility) while doing my dailies in TB. However, over a few weeks I found DKs to be very clunky and boring....and switched back to my Paladin and went Holy. So I needed a farming toon and guess what I did...dropped JC on my DK and levelled Mining instead. After a few days I really wished I had not done it since I probably threw around 20K down the drain.
    However, I would really like if Blizzard implemented something similar to the Argent Tournament when you faction swap. I don’t think you have to start from scratch when switching back and forth between factions but this could be a bad example in the first place; but it wouldn’t be very consistent across the board as well. It would be kinda silly if you only remember the rare patterns and not the ones trained from your trainer.

Deleted
    feel your pain.

/dropping alchemy with vial recipe because blizzard can't balance epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    feel your pain.

When I first read this I thought NEVER! Then I realized that between the vial becoming account wide, and the fact you could probably precraft as many as you think you could possibly sell. It wouldn't be the end of the world.

The fact that it took me 21 canopic jars to get the recipe, I just couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    feel your pain.

Lol...don't expect any sympathy for me. BLizzard even said it them selves that it didn't make sense to balance epic gems cause they didn't feel everyone would be decked out in those gems. Its only the hardcore raiders in 410s + that are mostly decked out in epic gems and by that time +20/30 stats isn't going to be a make or break thing. I find it amusing people actually theory craft to such levels, where they would actually drop a profession at the end of an expansion for a very insignificant boost. Also if they had to balance epic gems they would have to balance the other professions as well to make sure JC was not the got to profession.

Secondly, alchemy is still one of the best raiding professions in the game as it gives twice the duration of regular flasks and an increased effect from potions. Why would anyone even consider swapping professions is mind boggling especially after getting the Vial of Sands. JC will once again be the best profession next expansion and these are the same people who are going to be picking it back up.

guess people have a lot of time on their hands.