Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    (( Sorry guys, but the stairs are outside of the Inn. So you can't get up on the balcony at this time.))

15+ Year Old Account
    ((Deleted Balcony post, so redoing post))

Hobb called forth the power of nature within him, his chest seemingly swelling with the forces within. Concentrating on the spell he wanted the Druid's skin slowly turned from the soft fur into iron tough bark, limiting his movement slightly, but providing excellent protection against stray arrows from their attackers.

Leaning on his staff he walked towards the table where the Goblin, Ranger and undead Warrior were gathered, as he got there he noticed the Rangers wounds, but as he got closer to start trying to heal the wounds he noticed he could feel a magic inside the Ranger already, but it was neither the power of magic that he himself used, nor the power of light that he often saw in his travels, but something darker, something much darker. "I've never heard of shadow magic being used to heal before..." whispered the Druid, eyes still wide open in awe.

"It's odd, battle is raging around me, our lives our at risk, and I'm more interested in a new healing technique . . ." thought the Druid "But then it might just be that I've been in so many battles in my adult life that I am no longer phased by it . . ."

Hobb turned to the Forsaken weilding the shadow magic and his melee weapony, not quite knowing waht to make of him he finally spoke up "Forsaken, I'm surprised to see shadow magics being used to heal, and as much as I'd like to see you finish the job and all the effects, may I suggest letting me take over, as you look like you are better suited to helping take care of our assailants than I?"

Deleted
    Twitching as the bolts were removed from her chest, Kelara seemed to have found herself in quite a troublesome position. The Rangers body was quite damaged by the hailing bolts, and she seemed unable to control her movements at the minute. The flesh of the ranger seemed to stretch out itself, closing the wounds over a relatively brief period of time. The bones were also moving back into place, but they would take longer to recuperate. As long as they were broken, she'd not be able to move around properly at all. A low grunt left her lips, as she was struggling to stay awake. The feeling was the exact same as when she had died. The feeling of being so tired that even closing ones eyes would result in a long slumber.. For Kelara, a slumber that had been interrupted as she woke up to undeath.
    Struggling to speak, Kelara tried to give an update on what she had seen.. "..they're lying.. in wait.. We probably can't get out.. through the main door.. Its possible we'd.. have to find alternatives before they find measures to flush us out..".. It had cost her the remaining focus she had available. In a gentle notion Kelara leaned her head back and closed her eyes. Without in immediate danger of dying, the ranger still lost her conciousness.

10+ Year Old Account
    "No druid you would be more harm than good. We are not of your life anymore. The Shadow is all we need." Aland spoke calmly as he worked through the minor flesh wounds and the pushing the bones back into place. Healing in the midst of battle was nothing new to him and regenerating these wounds enough to keep her steady was a small task. Kelara started to sputter out information and he wouldn't be able to stop her. Soldiers, no matter their background, seemed bent on winning? helping? not dying? or losing? Of all his years in battle he still wasn't sure, but he knew it all came from the same place. His tendrils of shadow dissipated from the arrows, nothing, Aland sighed in relief. He let her stay asleep for now."Well whoever these elfs are they weren't expecting us. They came for flesh and blood and instead they will meet the Shadow." Darkness wrapped and consumed him as he drew his claymore. His visage distorted yet terrifying, at least those that fallen to him thought so. "Hobbs, could you whip us up small dust storm?" In this summer heat the roads were cracking and he could only hope there hadn't been much rainfall. But the wind would serve as an important distraction. Even the most seasoned warriors usually feared the elements.

15+ Year Old Account
    "A dust storm eh?" pondered the Druid, "I should be able to manage that."

Hardening his bark coated skin further the Tauren walked into the middle of the inn, facing the main door directly, he closed his eyes, hoping the others would try to cover him as best they could, "Aviana hear my call, with your wings so powerful please bless me with the spells I need in this dire situation..." Hobb murmured under his breath.

He raised his arms towards the open door, and he felt the winds gathering around his feet, spiralling up and around his legs, around his torso and down both of his arms and blew hard from his hands out of the door . . .

Rayin was hiding behind some tables as the drama unfolded, not sure exactly where her skills would be best used. Finally, the Tauren, after hardening his skin, stepped into the line of fire to conjure the dust storm. Rayin murmurs soft words and a shimmering bubble of holy energy surrounds the Tauren, protecting him from incoming damage for a while. Light, protect him!

She glances at the undead working with the ranger, furrowing her brow as she has also never seen shadow magic heal before. Perhaps she could try when the times are less dire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Banjax was pondering his options, and as he always did he spoke out aloud. "The door is of no damn use to us. And we can't reach the stairs. I'm all out of smoke bombs. But there has to be another way. Wait a second where in hell,.." Banjax looked around the room.

Salarissian crouched behind the bar, shielding himself from whatever came his way. He pondered what kind of protection his armor would be of to him here. It was elementium after all, but still, not everything could be deflected. He heard the forsaken ask the druid for some cover, via dust storm, and thought, If that druid manages to get us enough cover, we should be able to take down a few of them before the winds clear.

Salarissan looked over the edge of the bar quickly, seeing Banjax looking for something. Unsheathing one of his weapons, Sal jumped over the bar and deftly sprinted to near where the ranger, forsaken and goblin were, knocking down another table in the process and using it as cover. Just a few feet away, he could see that the ranger was unconscious, and the warrior was cloaked in writhing shadows. He pushed away his questions, saving them for later, and looked at both the warrior and goblin, asking, "Any plans? We're sitting hawkstriders in here."

15+ Year Old Account
    Hobb was struggling to keep the mystical winds blowing "I don't know how long I can keep this dust storm going..." said the Druid, "This isn't my area of expertise" he laughed. "If you have any plans I suggest you excecute them soon!"

"Of course we are trapped, but the barkeep has vanished somehow. There must be a way out." Banjax replied while still keeping his gun trimmed on the door.

Everything happened fast. What had started as a pleasant(ish) conversation regarding the killings going on to them covering behind tables in fear of getting bolts to the chest like the now unconscious ranger. The bartender had left, but with no apparent exit, the group was cornered and with the snipers outside, no real way to safely look around the inn. Morzath looked up from his cover to look around his surroundings, specifically for the number of tables and windows as well as the composition of the tables and window frames.

The Inn was basically windowless, being enlightened by glowing crystals hanging from the ceiling. There were eight rectangular tables, three of them on one side were already flipped over serving as covers for Banjax, Kelara Aland and Rayin. The other five of the massive wooden tables were still standing in the two rows left and right of the center corridor that was marked by a long carpet. About 2 meters from the doorway, there were few green spots of ichor from where Kelara impacted after she got shot. leading from the door towards the massive bar.

No windows, and several tables that would serve quite nicely. Perfect. Morzath turned towards where Salarissian was and said "Hey, can you get me over to those tables on the left? I need some cover and I have an idea."

Salarissian heard Morzath's request. Thinking quickly, he turned towards a table that wasn't being used as cover and slammed his sword on it, breaking the table in half, width-wise. Replacing the sword it's sheath, Salarissian hefted the make-shift shield. He looked towards Morzath, and said, "Ready when you are. Just stay behind me as much as you can, and I'll make sure those arrows can't hit you."

Morzath nodded and went behind Salrissian, crouching to make sure that he was completely covered. "Alright, let's go."

The pair crossed the room to the tables the Archmage had specified with as much speed as they dared.

As the both of them neared the entrance nothing happened. It seems as if the archers didn't have a proper line of sight. The mage and the warrior arrived at the tables unharmed
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-07-03 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    "...Lets just pretend noone saw that.." Kelara muttered with a low grunt, as the ranger slowly got to her feet. While she was in no fighting condition at the minute, she could still move around a bit. Enough to not lay on the floor being useless. With gentle movements Kelara moved behind the bar. Searching for anything suspicious, like the entrance into a wine cellar, the main objective of the ranger seemed to be searching for any strong spirits. In particular, anything that might be flammable. The druid was running out of juice to casting spells, so finding an alternative to create a smoke screen would be quite effective. In combination with some wet napkins or anything of the like, she'd probably be able to create a creative-materials smokebomb.

As Kelara was moving around, the remaining capilary cracks in her thigh bone started to crack open wider. Going down on one knee roughly, her ribcage injuries showed again. Banjax quickly helped her sit down, leaning against a flipped table. "Easy there. Once we get out of here I know a Dark cleric that helped a deathstalker I was working with in the past. He'll patch you up properly, but you shuold not put anymore stress on you for now. What were you looking for anyways?" ((sorry, but that is going a bit too far, I did let the healing slip, but you are still in no condition to move. 4 bullseye and 1 stray bolt should account for something. Feel free to command Banjax around for now, though. I will spell out the penalties for injuries in more detail in the future, my apologies))

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Yeah sorry that was probably my fault. I did only mean for it to be a "close her up" type of deal not "Praise the Lord! She's ALIVE!". Should of been clearer))

Aland was too focused on his new task to see his would be patient try to move. The others would deal with their escape and he would try and buy the time they needed. As the druid tried to hold onto the storm longer, Aland held his hand plam down and summoned shadow through the void. Three tiny deformed looking lurkers oozed from the floor covered in an aura of darkness. He pushed into their primitive minds as they started darting around the floor and ordered them out. "find me the ones hiding," his voice boomed inside the small lurkers and they darted outside into the storm. Two headed for the places described by Kelara and the third for the closest building to the Inn.

((And by lurkers I mean shadowfiends. I just never thought they were very "fiendy", but yah they are weakish Khor. They are meant to locate not attack))

The shadowy creatures poured out of the doorway, and descend down the little stairwell outside. The fiends were lurking around on the small court in front of the inn, looking, searching, but it seemed quiet. A slow wind rustled the treetops and foliage outside which was no noise apart from a few birds songs. The lurker that was ordered into the next building entered the little store across the court but returned without any findings.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-07-04 at 04:44 PM.