Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What habits have you carried into RL from Video Games?

So our water heater in our shower is broken, and so I have to shower in freezing cold water. Before the water hit me I mentally said "Harden Skin" and thought I was a Dwarf from WoW. I didn't do it on purpose, it was kind of just instinctive, and I found it funny when I realized what I had done.

So what habits from video games have you guys carried into real life, subconsciously?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

none...I have carried habbits from 1 game to another, but not into RL...
    And I dont want to say your crazy because you do, but you may want to change the way you live if your playing WoW so much that you are doing things like that IRL.

Deleted
    I only have those "if I had that ability/piece of equipment" moments, can't remember carrying over any habits from a game to RL though...

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol I dont think its because he is crazy, I do shit all the time like that especialy when im tired. However there have been many times I've called my new jeans or trousers as 'my new legs'.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    none...I have carried habbits from 1 game to another, but not into RL...
    And I dont want to say your crazy because you do, but you may want to change the way you live if your playing WoW so much that you are doing things like that IRL.
    I haven't played WoW in a year...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I light two people on fire and if they both scream really loud I yell "HOT STREAK!!" and throw a Molotov cocktail.

Deleted
    Boomkin dance while playing this: wwwdotyoutubedotcom/watch?v=-TLDvkAOQyw
    It gives nice exercise while dancing the best dance in the game.

I increased my vocabulary :P except that, very little. ^^

I can't think of many, but I'm sure I have quite a few.

Sometimes when I have to get up, and I'm still pretty out of it/not really awake I think RL has game mechanics and I'd think that I already completed the quest by getting out of bed and talking to my mom and wonder why she was still trying to get me up.

I once called my sister by her WoW name by accident.

That's all I can think....

Skelington doesn't talk and swings a sword at evil. Sometimes he narrates his life in his head like it's happening in a game. And other times he used to look for his hearthstone. After playing one of the Thief games he never walked outside of shadows or else guards would find him.

I walk like Ezio when i wear a hoodie. Cant even help it.

Deleted
    I only run with a knfie in my hand now

Whenever I die I respawn at the nearest graveyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing mainly wow as my computer game, I have learned to touch type very very well to the point where I can be looking behind me having 2 conversations and still spell everything correctly first time, it has also helped to increase the speed at which I type,

I'm a terrible speller as well, so its helped to improve that, not the actual game, but the motion of playing it,

I know it doesn't specifically answer your question, but its similar
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

well i, unfortunately, know someone who started "shadowbolting" ppl when he was drunk...
    god how i wish i wasnt his friend at that time.
    dunno if that counts.

Deleted
    I stretch my back like the Forsaken in World of Warcraft does. But I haven't played World of Warcraft for a long time, and I didn't play Undead either.

Tried to counterspell my teacher once... only once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picking up a prostitute take her to a secluded area have sex then when she hops out of the car i beat her brains in with a softball bat and get my money back and onto the next victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Sometimes when I have to get up, and I'm still pretty out of it/not really awake I think RL has game mechanics and I'd think that I already completed the quest by getting out of bed and talking to my mom and wonder why she was still trying to get me up.
    Very likely lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I know after playing EQ1 for years, I'll never properly think of trains as just public transportation. I say WOOT IRL.

My best one is certainly when I catch myself "casting" something if I'm bored and just roaming around my house...