Thread: Pokemon

Pokemon

Lately I've had the urge to play Pokemon, but it has been a while since I last played. I loved them when I was a kid, and would definitely say they're some of my favorite games of all time. I thought I might pick up the 3DS XL when it comes out in August, as well as the remake of gold/silver and platinum/diamond/pearl and black/white. Are these games worth picking up? It's been quite a while since I last played Pokemon and I've just suddenly been overcome by the urge to start playing them again.

Thanks!

Had this last year. Yes to either gold and silver.(nostalgia for me anyway) Maybe to either d/p/pl.(i suggest Pl) Yes to either Black or White. Black and white actually have a better story than most of the pokemon games I've played.

Or! Pick up mop and do pet battles

I'd say start with the remakes of gold/silver and see how you feel from there. Of the games you mentioned they were my favorites for sure. I'd skip d/p and just get platinum if you're going to try the 4th gen. The goal of black/white was to give the game a "fresh" feel again. You'll only run into new pokemon of that generation until you beat the game. If you enjoy gold/silver I'd suggest it, but if you can't get past the dated gameplay don't bother.
    Quakefan's #1 fan!

10+ Year Old Account
    yes. the remakes of silver and gold are excellent imo. (best generation for me). i grew up with pokemon pretty much. i got my first gameboy color and pokemon blue for my 10th birthday which added more to me loving it.

diamond and pearl are good as well but like someone above me said black and white probably have the best story of any of the games up to this point. ive sunk alot of time into each of them and if you even remotely like pokemon i dont see you disliking any of them

Seems like the consensus is yes. I shall be picking up my 3DS XL and HeartGold/Platinum/Black in August.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heartgold and Soulsilver were very good, along with Platinum. There are SO many legendaries wandering around (which is the best part of the game for me) that it never gets old. I am planning on going to gamestop this week to preorder Black and White 2.

HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White both get my vote. I played through SoulSilver a couple months ago, and I'm actually playing through Yellow right now (it's still my favorite).

Heart-Gold/Soul-Silver get my vote as well. Gold being my favorite Poke title. Black is pretty good too!

Black and White are significantly better than the Gen 4 games; however, the two Gold and Silver remakes are good as well, like everyone's said.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    my friend of mine was able to download sliver on his phone still want to play gold/silver! Yet to find out how he did it tho!

Black/White or Heartgold/Soulsilver will be your best bets. Black/White 2 will be out in a few months too, so there is also that(it's the first direct sequel so you may have to play B/W first to understand what's happening).
    Skelington doesn't recommend D/P/Pl, but if you want to play them then go for Platinum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon P/D/Pl is kinda meh, because of the last part, because the 8th gym leader's pokemon are level 50, and then Cynthia's are 65... and she pretty much stomps you if you don't grind alot in preparation. Although, I did like the story and the sinnoh region as a whole.

Pokemon yellow. Ultimate nostalgia overload with the super 8 bit graphics and you get Pikachu/Bubasaur/Charmander/Squirtle.
    Hi Sephurik

Is it possible to get all of these in a jail broken iphone? Damn you all. Damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Black and White are significantly better than the Gen 4 games; however, the two Gold and Silver remakes are good as well, like everyone's said.
    This. I found pokemon black and white to be great games. I have by now tried out many pokemons builded for semi-competive things from gen5, and played the game trough 3 times, and sometimes I still play it. I found it be a great game, and the pokemon league is not that easy, you'll need a team of level 65-70 pokemons if you wanna beat it.

Pokemon black/white 2 is coming soon I heard btw.

OP: I suggest you look up Smogon.com, and serebii, both great pokemon community sites for pokemon nerds that really wanna get serious with it. Youtube is also great, especially Ry3kard or some was his name.