Deleted

Help needed yet again :<

Hello Mmo-c folks! So its another problem with my 560TI.. Basicly after playing any game, the card does not cool down, it will stay at what ever temp it got during the play and stay there untill i shut down the pc and let it cool that way. The card is still under warranty, but if i can fix it myself w/o having to initiate RMA process, i'll do it. I have already clean reinstall drivers, rolled back, nothing helped at all. Currently back uping my data just incase i have to reformat.

Oh and yeah, sometimes the card just decides to stay on idle clocks, causing a massive fps drops, but i heard it is actually latest driver issue..
    Last edited by mmocc0a63d4037; 2012-06-27 at 05:56 PM.

Deleted
    What do you mean by your card staying at the temp it was while you were gaming? Your card should cool down if you aren't doing anything because there is no stress to it, unless your card thinks it needs to work at 100% even when you are actually idle, then it's a faulty card.

Deleted
    What i mean is the card staying at the same temps as if i were gaming, BUT according to MSI Afterburner it has no load what so ever..

Is the card still hot? Have you opened the case side panel and held your hand near the graphics card (if it is hot you will be able to feel the heat even without touching the graphics card).

Deleted
    Just played BF3, opened the case after quiting the game, and no, i do not feel any heat at all. Why it bothers me is cause the GPU fans keep spinning at the high RPM..

Which driver version are you using?

Deleted
    301.42 at this moment, but i also tried rolling back a few versions, problem still persists

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure rolling back to 296.10 didn't help? I had some GPU usage issues with 301.42 as well (many people seem to have having it) - but my problem was that the card was gettign erratic usage even during stressful times, meanwhile yours seems to reflect the correct usage but strange temps.

If it's still behaving like thiat, this leads me to think the card has a faulty temperature sensor. That could be the only explanation as to why it would show zero usage in MSI afterburner, not feel hot at the touch but still keeps the fans spinning high and give high temp readings. I may be wrong but just deducing what I can :P
    If that is the case then an RMA would be necessary.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Meh, have to cope with my old GTS250 for now, sent the card for RMA. Thanks all for help once again.