Yes the title is bit over dramatic, but it will attract more people :P
ALL the following points are based on my PvP experience, and i posted this in a another forum, but the discussion died really fast so i decided to post it here again.
there's so much PvE a guy can stand before it becomes dull and boring, thats when i decide to check out the sPvP side of this game, and then the game starts to fail me big time (again over dramatic), and as im not very good at writing essays ill just make bullet points of the big problems the PvP side of this games faces that NO ONE ever talks over in the gaming sites, so here it goes:
- FoV, is really bad in this game, it seems im playing CoD in a console, and really makes my eyes bleed, no option to change
- Auto-facing, this is a mechanic to help bad players continue to be bad, and exaggerates the gaps between melee and ranged, and kitting becomes as trivial as Kite > stop > cast (autoface) > Kite, is really important to mention that autofacing only work if u not moving, so circle strafing as melee becomes non-effective against bad ranged players cause they will not move, and melee can never get on their backs
- Glory bags, a copy past of the first live iteration of SWTOR PvP bags, RNG drops, while in BW1 you could choose what u wanted to get.
- Tier Traits, totally destroying players freedom, for the sake of .... well nothing, this system is teh same as the old WoW Talent trees just in a different flavours, i didnt see the problem of players having the same build in BW1 because like that at least everyone was on the same level and skill would overcome, now we still have the cookie-cutter builds over all classes BUT the initial freedom and possible creativity of expert gamers is taken away.
- Poor UI display for Buffs / Debuffs, yes Anet wants us to look at the action instead of the UI elements but lets be realistic, the amount of spell effects in this game is so great that your safest bet to know what's going on is looking at the buff/debuff bar, that is really in the worst place possible
- Down state, this is serious great favouring some classes to great advantage.
- Auto-Queued Skills, seriously hindering responsiveness from players with good ping, and no option to change it or toggle it
So my question is:
Do you think im nitpicking stuff to complain about, or all my points above really seriously affect the sPvP side of this great game?