Thread: Childfree.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It really isn't that unusual anymore. I have 4 siblings, we're now between 24 & 37 - not one of us has kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    My life in a nut shell:

15: "Dad, I wanna get snipped. I don't ever want to have kids." "Rofl, you're way too young. You'll change your mind when you get older."
    21: "Navy Doc dude, I wanna get snipped. I don't ever want to have kids." "Rofl, you're way too young. You'll change your mind when you get older."
    27: "Navy Doc dude, I wanna get snipped. I don't ever want to have kids." "Rofl, you're way too young. You'll change your mind when you get older."
    31: "Doc, I want to get snipped. I don't ever want to have kids. And if you tell me 'you'll change your mind when you get older', I'm going to fucking hit you. My mind hasn't changed in 16 years, it's not going to change now, and it never will change. SNIP. MY. BALLS." /Doc scratches head "You sure?" /I ball up my fist

Then I found out my health insurance doesn't cover it until I'm at least 32. /facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I completely agree with you OP.

Btw, will you marry me? Obviously no kids involved. Ever. We could just hang out and enjoy a childfree lifestyle together. You used the word "mum" so I assume you are from the UK and I've always had a thing for European girls. This could totally work!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    My life in a nut shell:
    I too tried it twice now.
    Once when I was 19, and about a year ago when I turned 23.
    Both times the doctor just said 'No, not going to happen'.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Then I found out my health insurance doesn't cover it until I'm at least 32. /facepalm
    Not to go too political, but I fail to see how this isn't clearly age discrimination. Vasectomy has at least as high of utility as a procedure for a 22 year old as it does for a 32 year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in this weird place where I'd want to have kids at some point, but I know I'll regret it when I finally do. Kids are nice, don't get me wrong, but I just dislike being in charge, and having responsibility. That, and I'm also horribly anti-social and a general people hater (no offense to anyone, I just generally dislike people).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm in this weird place where I'd want to have kids at some point, but I know I'll regret it when I finally do. Kids are nice, don't get me wrong, but I just dislike being in charge, and having responsibility. That, and I'm also horribly anti-social and a general people hater (no offense to anyone, I just generally dislike people).
    Biological imperative. Instinct is to make babies, period. Generally it becomes stronger as you get older, I've noticed its presence since I entered my later twenties. You'll usually hear it referred to as the "biological clock," especially in regards to women.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes i feel like i want a child so they can be a mini me and i can raise them to be evil :S

Then i realize they prob wouldn't be a mini me, they would hate my guts, be ungrateful, i would have to devote my life to them, spend all my money on them, have no free time ever again, constantly worry if they are ok, keep them entertained 24/7 etc...

I guess i just want a little brother or sister tbh :S sucks being the youngest >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I too tried it twice now.
    Once when I was 19, and about a year ago when I turned 23.
    Both times the doctor just said 'No, not going to happen'.
    Because it's true that many people will change their minds and greatly regret the decision. Whether or not YOU believe you will is irrelevant. Much of the time, finding a partner who they really love but it turns out they want children will make them change their minds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Because it's true that many people will change their minds and greatly regret the decision. Whether or not YOU believe you will is irrelevant. Much of the time, finding a partner who they really love but it turns out they want children will make them change their minds.
    I know that it's possible that I will change my mind later. Not likely, yet possible.
    But: As soon as I'm old enough to have it done, I will. And if I still regret it later...well, guess I'll just have to deal with it.
    I definitely won't have sex until then, though.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2012-09-12 at 05:21 PM.