Best warlock dungeon leveling spec?

Hey guys,

New warlock here with full set of heirlooms, what would you guys say is the best warlock leveling spec for dungeons and what are the primary nukes/dots I should use in the dungeon? I will be 100% dungeon leveling from 15 onwards.

I'd imagine Demo or Destro would be best in dungeons.

For dungeons I'd just aoe or spam shadowbolt/incinerate on trash / short-lived mobs. For bosses, immo and corruption and either shadowbolt/incinerate (depending on which talent route you go).

I don't think Warlocks are really great at rocking low-level dungeons, tho ... just too much ramp-up-time for single-target (even on bosses, often). Great for solo-questing but I guess that's not a concern for you :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I found destruction to be best low level spec as you get the reduced cast time on your main nukes, otherwise everything is dead before you get chance to finish casting a shadow bolt.

Destro. Immolate>Conflag, Mob is dead. Rinse, Repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started a new warlock (up to lvl 47 at the moment) and to be honest I can't get his Destro dps to match his Affliction Dps.

In dungeon groups I just DoT EVERYTHING before other players can kill them (sometimes i chain pull distant mobs into the group once the current mobs are all dot'ed up, which makes the tanks very mad at me )

to be more specific:
    single target dps right now is higher on Affliction than Destro just by the strength of its DoTs over it's nukes
    for packs of 2-4 mobs I multi-dot
    and for packs of 5+ i use rain of fire (since i don't have SoC yet)

admittedly, destro's rain of fire (+improved Soul Fire) is stronger than afflictions, but affliction is stronger for for 1-4 mobs at a time.

Affliction is great for soloing/questing too because you can chain Dot an infinite number of mobs with UA+Agony+Corr. That combination will kill anything of equal level to you, just set the DoTs on a target and move on to the next target. use Drain Life as the filler when Soloing.

Demo is problematic until about level 64 or so, all its low level talents are useless to its dps, you can talent into Molten Core at like lvl 39 but it empowers Incinerate which you don't get until level 64. What the fuck is up with that? and Impending doom (level 29) lowers the cooldown of metamorphosis (lvl 69). Demo has seriously illogical talent organization. Decimation and HoG should be moved down to level 29, and Molten Core should bemoved up to level 59~63. But it's moot at this point.

--------------------
    I will probably start over with another lock once MoP comes out. i am really looking forward to leveling a Demo-lock from scratch in MoP, Dungeons should be awesome with metamorphosis at lvl 10, Harvest Life available as early as lvl 15, HoG being turned into a AoE attack, and D/ a spammable instant attack at lvl 25.

by the time you reach lvl 25 you will be able to HoG->CorrX4->HoG->Harvest->HoG and then auto-target D/ spam the remnents until everything is dead. It will be glorious.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-06-25 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go affliction and dot everything. The tank is going to pull the most dps anyways so just keep up and ride the wave to 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    The tank is going to pull the most dps anyways so just keep up and ride the wave to 80.
    I make it a point of pride when i can out dps tanks while leveling (especially paladins ca. lvl 40 and DKs ca. lvl 60).
    It's actually a challenge unlike the rest of the this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I make it a point of pride when i can out dps tanks while leveling (especially paladins ca. lvl 40 and DKs ca. lvl 60).
    I usually can on hunters and rogues (more bursty DPS). It's very, very hard on DoT classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Maxing dps in low-level dungeons is one of my favorite meta-games in the game. I've gotten every class up past 20 at the least, with most specs used in there somewhere ... hardest thing is out-dpsing tanks on the low-level instances which are basically aoe zergs ...

With their leveling racial, I think Pandaren are gonna be pretty good for altoholics such as myself. I'd like to try every dps spec in multiple situations.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I joined a post-cata vanilla content group on a PVP server and I used the dungeon finder for leveling until level 54 when it became painfully long to level and I risked PVP to go level and I leveled up superfast to 60. Then I moved to a PVE server so I could get my character to 85 for MoP. I wasn't allowed to wear heirloom gear because it didnt exist in vanilla wow.

If you are demonology you can send out your Felguard pet for aoe, drop a hand of Gol'dan and then just spam rain of fire aoe on groups of trash. If you are up against a single target or boss you can go for the dots. This will put you at the top of the recount chart unless you are grouped up with very elite people in elite gear of higher level than you.

You can pretty much spam the aoe rain of fire on packs of trash and end up on the top of the charts as long as your tank can manage to hold the mobs still rather than bouncing around like a 5 year old with ADHD on crack. I had a couple of them and one refused to stop bouncing around so I had to quit that group.

However you have to realise that only using lfd to level is going to be easy and quick at first but eventually its going to get painful and long. Questing with heirloom gear is exponentially faster even at low levels or high levels. I went from level 68-74 just in Borean Tundra with heirloom gear in 4-5 hours.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-06-26 at 05:37 PM.