Deleted

PhD project survey - WoW/Facebook related

Hello,

My name is Daniel Kardefelt Winther, I'm a PhD student at the Department of Media and Communications, London School of Economics.

For my PhD project I'm doing an online survey, asking questions about internet use across different platforms and how different people engage with online activities. One of the platforms I'm interested in is WoW, and being a long-term player myself I am very interested in how MMORPGs are different from other platforms. There is a tendency within internet research to bundle "internet use" together as a unitary one-dimensional construct, which is something I am actively opposing. This survey will help me to distinguish how different people use the internet in different ways, across different platforms. Right now, I am a bit short on Facebook users for the data collection, Facebook being one of the other platforms I investigate. I've had very good response from WoW-users in the WoW forum here on MMO Champion, so I thought I would go to the Off-topic forum to reach people who may not play WoW, but use Facebook

If you would be willing to spend 10-15 minutes completing this survey asking mostly questions about your engagement with Facebook, some about general internet use, and some about yourself, please follow the link below. There will also be an opportunity to take both the WoW survey and the Facebook survey, if this would interest you. Such dual-data would be highly valuable for comparative purposes, so this would be much appreciated

Link: http://lse.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_blNenw7bhDb6Jwg

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Daniel

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    It was quite long, but I completed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    done

/10char

Thanks both, appreciate it much

Deleted
    Done Took more time than the "usual" survey requests here. But I think you should've included a "I've played World of Warcraft" before and some question related to that (like how much time you spent playing when you played the most etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Done Took more time than the "usual" survey requests here. But I think you should've included a "I've played World of Warcraft" before and some question related to that (like how much time you spent playing when you played the most etc).

Hi, thanks Well, it is for a doctoral thesis after all so I couldn't just ask a few questions and be done with it

I agree that such questions would have been interesting, but in my mind it doesn't make a great difference for the purpose of this survey if someone plays now or played before...one could still take the survey and provide valuable information. So the question on how much time you spenD(!) could also be read as spenT, and there you have it

Deleted
    Just a little bump

Completed both of them