Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Imo they should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i know little about multiboxing but it always seemed like there was one that was controlling the others and if we generally found and marked that one then we could get several hks for the price of one.
    With bad setups that definitely can be the case.
    Anyways advantages on the ah really should be obvious with being able to undercut competition on x amounts of accounts. Did that for a while because I was really pissed off from some other competitors and it basically drove them completely away from the market.
    In other content you are also a lot more efficient. Gearing in lfr with 5-10 chars is really easy as long as you ignore the reception from the other players.
    On the monthly fee issue...I am pretty sure that a lot of people know by now where to get those cheap game time cards for instance.

I never understood the calls for banning multiboxers, do people who cannot play the game well just think that will solve their problem? In a BG once you determine if their is a boxer its damn simple to keep them next to useless. They are usually easier to deal with than the same number of regular players and many times easier than fighting a vent linked team.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Imagine literally soloing Alterac Valley... and fast.

One day... I was just doing AV over and over... and 3 games in a row I was put on a team against a horde team with a multiboxer playing (no joke) 10 hunters. Between mulitshot x10 and pets x10 we had zero chance to do anything at all. That guy pays like $150 per month, had to pay at least $600 for all the expansions... and his PC setup must look like NASA's Houston Control center.

If he wants to pay all the money... I can see why Blizzard doesn't have any problem with it. I can tell you one thing though... My fun level in those particular BGs was at the bottom. I just logged and went swimming.
    Last edited by Excellent; 2012-06-26 at 04:09 PM.
    Don't ERP me bro!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    his PC setup must look like NASA's Houston Control center.
    A pc like that for having 10 WoW windows up? My computer is just semi-decent and I managed to multibox 10 characters without much problem.

Personally I dual box in LFR and heroics just to speed things up and double my chances on loot. I also sell glyphs on one account while I raid on the other.

They're not an uncommon sight in random BGs, I'm surprised you've never seen one in action.

It has a pretty narrow appeal since you need to buy each separate WoW license. It has no REAL advantages other than being fun and being able to grief the hell out of random BGs if you know what you're doing. Very very few PUGs can manage the level of coordination required to match the power of a multiboxer or take one down.

I once saw 12-boxed shamans turtling in Isle of Conq (ie he sat in the throne room and vaporised the entire Alliance team every time they walked up the stairs) for literally the entire game. It was pretty hilarious.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    I never understood the calls for banning multiboxers, do people who cannot play the game well just think that will solve their problem? In a BG once you determine if their is a boxer its damn simple to keep them next to useless. They are usually easier to deal with than the same number of regular players and many times easier than fighting a vent linked team.
    Heh, not if you play with Horde players in a random BG :P

I'm just amazed when they manage to target players instead of DK ghouls.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-06-27 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    You haven't ran into Prepared then he runs 30 something accounts at a time he he defends one area and is very hard to get around. On top of that he also runs the same number of accounts on the alliance side and in TB he farms himself while holding one area by himself. When you are on a small pop server a Multiboxer can really affect the outcomes of TB especially when he cheats and ques toons of the opposite faction in order to further sabotage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridwald View Post
    Imo they should be banned.
    Why?
    List one actual legit reason of a rule they broke that they should be banned

Because countering it is harder than you would like to believe, because it is reliant on others giving a damn.
    I am myself forced to go up against it effective solo, because the co-ordination you need is simply not something anyone else cares about.
    They simply aim for easier kills.
    Needless to say it doesn't go well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Why?
    List one actual legit reason of a rule they broke that they should be banned
    I can personally name a few, I know for a fact the "most infamous" multiboxer has done tons of shit that should have got him banned.
    I menationed a few in my post right up there.

I did some 5 boxing in BC and wrath.

Frankly it was really fun, Both playing and even just creating the perfect setup was great. I mainly focused on PvE. I did have incredibly easy access to enchanting mats, which was a pretty big bonus. I also could simply stop in the middle of an instance and do work, watch TV, have dinner, etc and it wasn't a problem. Then come back and finish up the instance. Being able to play completely at my own pace was huge at the time. I had extra money at the time, but actually less free time to game.

I also did some PvP, not a lot. I only really did AV for battlegrounds, and usually had the chat turned off. I also did some arenas, did it both solo and with a healer (I wish I could check my achievements to see how far I did get.) Mostly I did arena for easy access to weapons.

Some of the most fun I had was world pvp though. I would very rarely just run around and kill people just to be a dick. However I would start world pvp to get more ppl involved. I actually got some pretty good rivalries going, and even some x-faction playing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    You haven't ran into Prepared then he runs 30 something accounts at a time he he defends one area and is very hard to get around. On top of that he also runs the same number of accounts on the alliance side and in TB he farms himself while holding one area by himself. When you are on a small pop server a Multiboxer can really affect the outcomes of TB especially when he cheats and ques toons of the opposite faction in order to further sabotage it.
    ok good point BUT, when you have huge guilds 600+ members and they want control of TB and say 50 of those members log on to a Horde toon and try to fill the que's So ally has an advantage the same effect takes place without multiboxing. So do you see the point I'm making? You dont need to be a multiboxer to do that. Just an immoral person. i infact only dualbox. I got into it so I could form my own raid to go solo content and not have to beg people to join my raid party so I could go spend hrs solo'n something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    ok good point BUT, when you have huge guilds 600+ members and they want control of TB and say 50 of those members log on to a Horde toon and try to fill the que's So ally has an advantage the same effect takes place without multiboxing. So do you see the point I'm making? You dont need to be a multiboxer to do that. Just an immoral person. i infact only dualbox. I got into it so I could form my own raid to go solo content and not have to beg people to join my raid party so I could go spend hrs solo'n something.
    Why would you dualbox for that? You could just alt tab between the accouns and leavegame after raid is formed?