Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I found Midna more annoying than Navi most of the time. She's an adorable little imp/shadow/thing but most of the time I would've preferred she just stay quiet. I don't need to be told that the ice puzzle is, in fact, a puzzle.

I might be the odd man out here, and he's not quite the same role, but I actually liked Tingle from Wind Waker. He was the perfect kind of cartoony-insane you'd expect from a game like that.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 07:46 AM ----------

Been a long time since I played. The shadow macguffins were how she fixed everything, but why'd we have to kill Ganon(dorf), besides it was a Zelda game? Was Zelda's goodie two-shoes magic required to complete the "fix the mirror" project?

I think it was kind of rude for Midna to get turned back into a shadow-human-whatever, pretty much start coming onto Link, and then just up and run the hell away, never to return. Poor Link, guy's left with the bluest balls that ever were blue.
    Midna knew she had to return to the twilight realm, and she also knew that she was getting too close to Link. She did the right thing and I think it was a perfect ending, you could even see Link smile when he turned back around and Midna was gone. It's actually the perfect, romantic, story-book ending; the whole aspect of "forbidden love" as used in, for example, Romeo and Juliet are the exact same "genre", if you will. The main characters slowly grow closer and closer together as they live through an amazing adventure to fight evil, then comes the moment where one of them has a choice between leaving (in one way or the other) and save the world, or stay and risk evil returning. The best part is that this is Zelda, and it's very interesting to see this extremely famous way to write novels was used in a game such as this, it wasn't *very* obvious and it wasn't very typical of the game series' M.O. Quite refreshing and fun to see it in that angle.
    Skyward Sword had similarities in the use of "forbidden love", but it didn't fulfill the criteria of either of the main characters dying/disappearing.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

I thought Tatl was way worse. Sure, she developed, and was probably the first partner to do so before Midna. However, god she was a bitch, Navi was annoying sure, but she wasn't a flat out... gaaah. Even at the very end of the game she comes out completely bitchy with her tsundere "LEAVE GO AWAY I-ITS NOT LIKE I LIKE YOU OR ANYTHING!" crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I read the thread as "Am I the only one that loves Nazis?" and was really confused why it wasn't closed.
    I am not a Nazi-lover!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Link killed Zant, Midna was in the background doing nothing as usual. But don't worry, she came out to talk some smack after the fighting was over. That's what cool people are there for, after all. I never cared about Midna as much as I wished I could put an end to her suffering.

Also, I didn't mind Navi, I think the annoyance of her tells has been extremely overexaggerated by a combination of OoT being the perfect nostalgia game and the intro/Deku tree phase having a bunch of dialogue you can't skip. I hated the !@$%ing owl way more. After talking to him Navi was my best friend.
    But Midna killed Zant in the end. She didn't have the power to do it as an imp and the Fused Shadows worked on their own.
    Kaepora Gaebora was the worst, but thankfully you only run into him about four times as a kid. He talks a lot more in LA, but at least there he tells you relevant things.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Been a long time since I played. The shadow macguffins were how she fixed everything, but why'd we have to kill Ganon(dorf), besides it was a Zelda game? Was Zelda's goodie two-shoes magic required to complete the "fix the mirror" project?

I think it was kind of rude for Midna to get turned back into a shadow-human-whatever, pretty much start coming onto Link, and then just up and run the hell away, never to return. Poor Link, guy's left with the bluest balls that ever were blue.
    Ganondorf was thrown in at the end, yea, but you needed to kill him to accomplish what you tried to do by killing Zant. The mirror had already been fixed for a while without Zelda's help. The Fused Shadows were only used to kill Zant and break the barrier on the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Link had a fairy in Wind Waker. I have a picture in my head about a fairy talking to link on the big fortress.
    Yeah, I'm playing through Wind Waker at the moment in my free time. No fairy. :P

As Patchouli Knowledge said, you're probably thinking of Link talking to Tetra through the Gossip Stone, which King of Red Lions also talks to Link through. I still wouldn't consider either of them companions. They don't really talk to you that much through the Gossip Stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    But Midna killed Zant in the end.
    And what would have happened if I, ME, LYSAH was not there to beat his head in with a sword. I am the greatest, Midna is an ant.

Zelda helped against Ganon, much more so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    Midna knew she had to return to the twilight realm, and she also knew that she was getting too close to Link. She did the right thing and I think it was a perfect ending, you could even see Link smile when he turned back around and Midna was gone. It's actually the perfect, romantic, story-book ending; the whole aspect of "forbidden love" as used in, for example, Romeo and Juliet are the exact same "genre", if you will. The main characters slowly grow closer and closer together as they live through an amazing adventure to fight evil, then comes the moment where one of them has a choice between leaving (in one way or the other) and save the world, or stay and risk evil returning. The best part is that this is Zelda, and it's very interesting to see this extremely famous way to write novels was used in a game such as this, it wasn't *very* obvious and it wasn't very typical of the game series' M.O. Quite refreshing and fun to see it in that angle.
    Skyward Sword had similarities in the use of "forbidden love", but it didn't fulfill the criteria of either of the main characters dying/disappearing.
    But it's a Zelda game. Ganon will be back no matter how many times you kill him because he has all-purpose plot armor. He's like Bowser, he can't be gotten rid of.

So basically Midna denies Link any sort of reward for all the shit he just went through for no real reason. What a bitch.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I always loved Navi when I played Ocarina of Time, wish there was an option to always have her out as she often flew in and hid somewhere on Link...

HEY LISTEN!! HEY!! LISTEN!!

Always loved Navi and the fact that she annoys some people makes me love her even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey!," "Hey!," "Hey!," "Hey!," "Hey!," "Hey!," "Hey!,"

I'd do more but it'd be spamming and REALLY annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I can still hear "HEY, Listen" in Navis voice when ever I think of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If there was no Navi there would be no autotarget, you would have to manually target everything
    Yep I loved navi for that reason alone. Long as you can rapidly hit the next button and turn a deaf ear, she's not so bad.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel