Yet another question :)

Hey guys

Now, Ive got all the parts needed for my build except a case I need help on this one.

I was thinking the HAF X, but everywhere I look they say "You don't need a case that big get a midi case"
    Even if I don't "Need" it , I'm willing to spend the money on it if it is indeed better than other cheaper cases. But if there's a midi case that is just as good as the X just smaller, then let me know because I don't have a clue! :P

To be honest, it doesn't matter to me how big it is as long as everything fits and it stays cool. I just want a case that looks cool (i LOVE all the coolermaster cases so preferably I do want to get a CM one but just don't know which to choose!) I would stray away from the idea of getting a CM case if there's other brands out there with the rough and tough look going on.

Give me some suggestions on decent cases that are practical, easy to fit stuff into e.t.c The plan is to keep the case for the next build or major upgrades later down the line. Like longer graphics cards e.t.c

And before you say, no i dont like HAF because of the red flashy lights, i just like the look of it and dont know any other brand :P
    Last edited by thunterman; 2012-06-25 at 10:24 PM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4-Case-Catalog

That thread has all the major manufacturers listed, with pictures of cases and a link to each one on newegg.

The HAF lineup from CM are great gaming cases, but you don't have to go with the HAF X. You could go with the HAF 932, XM-922, or the 912. There is also the CM's Storm lineup as well.

There are a ton of great mid-tower cases outside the CM brand as well. Antec, Corsair, NZXT, Fractal Design, Silverstone, Lian Li, Bitfenix, Thermaltake, Cougar, and even Rosewill, have nice lineups of solid gaming system chassis.

I think you are maybe confused on what people are suggesting.

Possible that you are confusing the Arc Midi with mATX cases?

The Arc Midi is an ATX capable case, just small. Highly suggested around here.
    Last edited by Blulight; 2012-06-26 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blulight View Post
    I think you are maybe confused on what people are suggesting.

Possible that you are confusing the Arc Midi with mATX cases?

The Arc Midi is an ATX capable case, just small. Highly suggested around here.
    There is also an mATX case called the Fractal Design Arc Mini

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811352008

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or its older bro the Storm Trooper.

(They're both still full towers, but at least they have handles!)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Arc midi is in my opinon hideous. a deffinate no-no :P

Whats best out of the HAF-X, Stryker and Storm Trooper then?
    I like the looks of the HAF-X mostly for the ridiculous amount of hype about airflow in it. but frankly have never heard of the other two.

Also when is the Stryker released? its only availible from 2 places online, and both are pre-orders with no dates. FYI im in the UK.

Due to the £40 difference in price, and the fact i dont have to wait for it, ive gone with the trooper. It is on its way! thanks for suggestions people.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2012-06-27 at 09:54 PM.

I like the Stryker and Storm Trooper personally. The Stryker might be fairly hard to find. The Storm Trooper doesn't come with a window out of the box, but you can order one from Cooler Master. I am not sure if this matters to you. All three are good cases and basically come down to what you find the most appealing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take the Stryker or Trooper over the HAF X, and I already own the HAF X, so that should tell you something. Plus, the handle bar that those two come with will make your life MUCH easier.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Perderder View Post
    I like the Stryker and Storm Trooper personally. The Stryker might be fairly hard to find. The Storm Trooper doesn't come with a window out of the box, but you can order one from Cooler Master. I am not sure if this matters to you. All three are good cases and basically come down to what you find the most appealing.
    I got everything ass backwards. One of the CM cases has either a transparent window or a massive fan (400mm i think it was) but its not either of these 3 cases in question.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I got everything ass backwards. One of the CM cases has either a transparent window or a massive fan (400mm i think it was) but its not either of these 3 cases in question.
    Out of the box, the CM Storm Trooper supports an optional 120mm fan on the side. If you want a window you can get one for this case. Link below.

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/a...opersidepanel/