Thread: Dinosaurs!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Giant winged flying reptiles¿? Yes please!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agathangalos View Post
    What was that one that laid the smack down with its tail? Or am I just thinking of that badass old dinosaur from one of the Land Before Time movies and no such thing ever actually existed? But either way come on man, Brontosaurus all the way. Fucking Littlefoot man, such a cool dude.
    Euoplocephalus?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euoplocephalus

15+ Year Old Account
    They should totally make a Zombie apocalypse survival horror game where you're some tribesman trying to survive in the prehistoric jungles :P

Imagine just walking past some "dead" T-rex corpse and it gets up and gives chase lol
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agathangalos View Post
    What was that one that laid the smack down with its tail? Or am I just thinking of that badass old dinosaur from one of the Land Before Time movies and no such thing ever actually existed? But either way come on man, Brontosaurus all the way. Fucking Littlefoot man, such a cool dude.
    Any of the Ankylosaurids would fit that description.

Also, just to be pedantic, there is no such thing as a "brontosaurus." In short, scientists back in 1877 discovered a sauropod (long necked dinosaur) and named it apatosaurus. Two years later, they find another Sauropod, and, thinking it's from a different genus, name it Brontosaurus. In 1903, however, scientists took a look at both skeletons, decided they were one and the same, and merged them into one genus. Because Apatosaurus was discovered first, it's name stuck.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-06-26 at 01:38 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    They should totally make a Zombie apocalypse survival horror game where you're some tribesman trying to survive in the prehistoric jungles :P

Imagine just walking past some "dead" T-rex corpse and it gets up and gives chase lol
    I'm pretty sure Dino Crisis had something in that direction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dino Crisis had something in that direction.
    Well kind of I suppose, but it was more sci-fi futurism than prehistoria. Think Amnesia: The Dark Descent in terms of camera/controls/atmosphere, but with more zombies :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Its was well proven fact that spinosaurus ate fish, had a thin weak jaw meant for catching fish, one bite really from a t-rex in a good spot could bring down a spino as pound for pound t-rex is clocked to be much more powerful. Also studies in drumheller (sp?) Alberta show that t-rex couldn't have been a scavenger as through scavenging he couldnt maintain his large size and starve and as well by loosk of the bones it is estimated t-rex could run almost 60km/h and was infact a solitary hunter.

....okay we've gotten really off-topic now xD Just get irked with the whole spino think because of the crap that was JP3
    While Im sure spino would get his ass kicked, Just going from wikipedia "Most recent research on Tyrannosaurus locomotion does not support speeds faster than 40 kilometres per hour (25 mph)" meaning he was a medium speed runner.

Also most people seem to think it was both a hunter and scavanger.

Also we should note that these people are going off of fossils and can never know everything which is why there is so much debate in the community. Basically everyone just sides with whichever side is the side they like better.

Just going by appearance is why I like spino second is probally Parasaurolophus

10+ Year Old Account
    Pachycephalosaurus, only because I think its awesome, just like mountain goats.

10+ Year Old Account

soooo does this guy count

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Archaeopteryx & Quetzalcoatlus are awesome sauce.

I'm a guy, but I've always found them fascinating as well...especially when you consider that if an asteroid hadn't taken them out, they'd probably still be here...and we would not.

My favorite would probably be Stegosaurous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    While Im sure spino would get his ass kicked, Just going from wikipedia "Most recent research on Tyrannosaurus locomotion does not support speeds faster than 40 kilometres per hour (25 mph)" meaning he was a medium speed runner.

Also most people seem to think it was both a hunter and scavanger.

Also we should note that these people are going off of fossils and can never know everything which is why there is so much debate in the community. Basically everyone just sides with whichever side is the side they like better.

Just going by appearance is why I like spino second is probally Parasaurolophus
    People tend to think that your one or the other which is wrong. Lions scavenge as much as they hunt and spotted hyenas hunt as much as they scavenge. Successful carnivores are opportunistic feeders.

Gotta go with raptors because they had feathers to give them lift and make them lighter when running. Precursors to todays birds of course.

Where is Snooki..? She has enough qualities to be a swamp dwelling lizard from the ancient world.

Deleted
    Allosaurus and Ankylosaurus are my two favoured Dinosaurs.

Last edited by mmocb22ba0bc6d; 2012-06-26 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any dinosaur will do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    Not a dinosaur.
    I wasn't aware of that D:

I guess since my original choice isn't one I'll have to go with Utah Raptor.