Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've noticed that there is a currency called "FUN."

I do not know how to obtain FUN, but you can spend it on a lottery/drawing type thing. So far, I've gotten +50% EXP items and a store front that I can put in my apartment. It seems that items I put on the AH show up there. I'm not sure how to open the apartment up for other people, however, so this may just be a 'kicks and giggles for friends' thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the level cap is 30 in the beta also hear it will be 40 on release, haven't seen anyone do the ice zone yet was wondering if it's available in the beta atm.

PSO 1 was a rather large part of my childhood. This HAS to come to America.

THEY EVEN KEPT ALL OF THE OLD SOUND EFFECTS. FOR EVERYTHING!... I NEED IT.

10+ Year Old Account
    A better registration and tutorial guide.

Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...d-for-ps-vita/

I heard they were releasing PSO2 for IOS (Ipad/Iphone) Ps Vita and Pc, and they would share servers with the 3 devices. But unsure if they will share servers, or if they will have their own dedicated servers per device.

I'm getting PSO2 for Ps Vita, since I need more games for it. So I'm certain they will be releasing this game around the world. Since the news of a Handheld port and IOS port was said back in March.

I got a vid of the first boss, the Rockbear.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckeor View Post
    PSO 1 was a rather large part of my childhood. This HAS to come to America.

THEY EVEN KEPT ALL OF THE OLD SOUND EFFECTS. FOR EVERYTHING!... I NEED IT.
    Pretty much this.
    I read this thread, watched the videos, dug out my old Dreamcast, loaded up my HUnewearl and goofed around for awhile.
    I SO want this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...d-for-ps-vita/

I heard they were releasing PSO2 for IOS (Ipad/Iphone) Ps Vita and Pc, and they would share servers with the 3 devices. But unsure if they will share servers, or if they will have their own dedicated servers per device.

I'm getting PSO2 for Ps Vita, since I need more games for it. So I'm certain they will be releasing this game around the world. Since the news of a Handheld port and IOS port was said back in March.
    I believe PS Vita and PC will be on the same server, while iOS version will be toned down.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Hello everyone, Havnt been on MMO champ for a good long while but I wanted to express how good Phantasy Star Online 2 is.
    I played PSO1-2 on the xbox, then I followed up with the EMU server a few years later. (I hated PSU)

Let me say, I am having so much fun with this game, even in japanese I cant get enough of it (I didnt play the guild wars 2 special beta because of this). I dont like asian mmos but this game is a 1000% improvement over episodes1-2.

-Fast gameplay. PSO1-2 was super slow paced, but this is FAST, to the point that I cant type because im running / dodging or attacking this all the time
    -THEY ADDED FREAKING JUMPING, and its not a clunky wow/gw2 jump. No you JUMP like Michael Jordan.
    - You can play any way you want. The game is built so when you are melee, you play like a hack and slash like dynasty warriors. When you are Ranged, You can hit "z" and pop it into a 3rd person over the shoulder (RE4)
    -Built in Lazy shooting, Let me explain this one, IN PSO1 you have to time your shots to shoot consecutively, Like a shoot.... shoot.... shoot rhythm. now If you are lazy like me you can just hold down shoot and you will just do a slightly weaker normal shot but you will just keep firing, just a quality of life thing.
    -You can meet random people in the instanced world. Being a lobby game, in the old game you could only play with 4 people at any one time. Now You can have a group of your own 4, but meet additional people that phase into your missions world. The game adjusts difficulty accordingly.
    -Random events, all the time. There are these things call "Code: <Code name> Attack, Arrest, Protect, Avoid, Rescue, Probably more" they are random events that happen while you are doing your mission. Could be anywhere from spawning a few mobs, to spawning 2 bosses. Its fun, it breaks up the norm.
    - and best of all it Still has the same great community feel.
    -GAME IS COLORFUL, Colors, Colors everywhere.

These are just a few of the things I really enjoyed about the beta. I absolutely wasnt expecting this from sega, But damn they got it right. This is going to be a very fun under the radar mmo.

As a side now I want to say that from what ive played, there should be NO reason they would not release it in the US, there is VO's, but not that much, all it would be is a translation work.
    The game is also going to be f2p. There is a cash shop but I dont know whats on there.

EDIT: If anyone would like beginning help, make a character on ship 2 (ENG majority there). And for those with login problems, ONLY USE LOWER CASE WHEN SIGNING UP, AND LOGGING IN.
    Last edited by Kwrifles; 2012-06-28 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwrifles View Post
    As a side now I want to say that from what ive played, there should be NO reason they would not release it in the US, there is VO's, but not that much, all it would be is a translation work.
    I want to expand on this.
    I read that Sega DOES want to release PSO2 world wide, but they have no current schedule that they want to announce right now.

I do remember reading in some places that Sega had 'announced' that they wouldn't be releasing it outside of Japan, but all of the sources I had for those had deleted the posts/edited the articles that said such things. Either Sega changed their minds, or it was a bad rumor.

as for the Cash Shop, from what I've found, you buy an in-game currency that's shared across your characters, which you can then use to buy certain services and such. One that I know of is the ability to create more than one character. Others I've come across are opening some options in the character re-design booth (like changing your hair color), and opening more slots in your item bank (Which is shared between al characters).

Edit: Another neat thing, in order to add to your list, is that enemies seem to take more damage depending on where you hit them. Playing as a Ranger, I've noticed that going into 'shooter mode' and hitting, say, a Rockbear in the face does a lot more damage than shooting him in the back or the chest.

This was 'sort of' accomplished in PSO1 by making bosses made up of several segments. The dragon, for instance, had two feet, two wings, a tail, a chest, and a head that were individually target-able. However, in PSO2, this is expanded on by making the damage location-sensitive, even on smaller enemies. Shooting a monkey in the face does more damage than shooting it in the arm.
    Last edited by Pitchkart; 2012-06-28 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I racked up a £450 phonebill on the first one on the dream cast. (Internet was pay per min back then) my mum went bat shit crazy on me....lol.

Can't wait for them to bring it out over here.

Dang, I'm having a problem where the beta launcher is patching the game to my SSD for some reason. It's making me super sad face.

I'm really looking forward to this. I remember the playing the original on Dreamcast and then getting it again on Gamecube I don't even want to think how many hours I spent playing. Can't wait for an English client to be released.

So wait, is the open beta still going on? I seem to not be able to log in.

Damn it's japanese, even with an english pack, you'd lag like hell cause those servers are mean't for japan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malckeor View Post
    So wait, is the open beta still going on? I seem to not be able to log in.
    think theres a super long maintenance going on.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

^^^Nah, I was being a derp and capitalizing my Sega ID.

Wow, the way the game plays just feels...AWESOME. And I'm still nostalgia'ing everywhere because they kept the old sound effects and music cues. I REALLY hope the American servers aren't screwed over by hackers like the Phantasy Star Universe PS2 servers were, when the game is released in our country.

But yeah, I think I'll wait for the english patch before I continue in the beta...unless it's out already and I just can't find it?
    Last edited by Malckeor; 2012-06-29 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerninja View Post
    Damn it's japanese, even with an english pack, you'd lag like hell cause those servers are mean't for japan
    I don't have many lag issues. Sometimes there's a brief lag spike, but I think that's what this maintenance just yesterday was supposed to fix.

The English patch that's floating around only works on the closed beta, too. You'll have to wait a bit longer for the open beta to get a patch.

Is there anywhere I can check to see if an English has been made?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Is there anywhere I can check to see if an English has been made?
    You'll have best luck with googling "PSO2 English Patch" every few days. Avoid asking about it on PSO-World forums, they'll flip out at you. In all likelyhood, an English patch will make itself quite apparent when it's released if you just keep an eye on google.