Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Like it or not, it is a 100% valid argument, and a detrimental flaw in the game.
    I didn't find that cockblock. Again, i don't use AH at all, even to sell things.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbx View Post
    Hi, there is a lot of qq'in about Diablo III atm. But I cant say many people got good solutions, anyway. I am not sure if this vid has been linked before, but it is from Kripp, called: "@Blizzard: Kripp Tips For Diablo 3 ".

What do you think of his solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwQ5aXOStQ
    I don't like them. Yet another know it all who claims they know shit about Diablo 2, alludes to it then shows that he didn't actually play it. The ladder in D2 came 2 years after release, so clearly the game had appeal before the ladder, not only that but you made Ladder specfic chars, chars that weren't linked to the completely fucked D2 softcore economy, when the season ended they were converted to regular softcore chars so his criticism about the RMAH being the cock block to the ladder is unfounded.

His point about gear being too powerful vs larger base stats is also moot, he's just moving the goal posts to suit his own personal tastes. In the current state you grind random gear to make your character more powerful, in his model you grind gear which isn't as consequential AND a new XP tree that will reward you at a fairly consistent rate. It's a good suggestion but it's ultimately the same since he's not talking about adding any new content, just shifting it from one grind to another that isn't really as in keeping with Diablo as what we use now.

I also don't understand his point about nerfing the numbers, again it's just trading one arbitrary value for another. The fanbase likes big numbers, putting big numbers with big numbers is the same as putting small numbers with small numbers, it's all relative so whether they are big or small makes no difference. Providing peoples HP can keep up with peoples DPS then it doesn't matter whether I'm hitting for 10 damage out of 100 or 100 out of 1000.

What is most puzzling of all is that he says he loves the skill system yet demonstrates that he doesn't get that character progression is linked to your skill choices. Pre 1.03 then you got sick gear and could barely beat Inferno unless you used one of the pre approved cookie cutter specs, for him specifically it means he's played his entire Diablo 3 career using some variant of Frenzy/Revenge/Charge/Leap/Ignore Pain/WotB. Post 1.03 you can do what you did in D2 once you had the gear and that's play the fun stuff, now you he can trade one of the 4 defensive skills on his action bar for one that helps him kill shit quicker or god forbid an ability he actually wants to use. He's welcome to keep his super defensive build if he wants but he's no longer locked into it if he wants to play Act 4 Inferno.

He's prolly got a point about crit and crit damage being too good in the Arena but what's he expecting really, PvP in D3 is never going to be an E Sport. Fundamentally it will be about the lulz so realistic expectations are required on all fronts. PvP was shit in D2 if fights last longer than the 2 seconds it takes to land your main spell then the PvP in D3 is an improvement.

To people that are like Krip and have his mindset I'm sure all those changes sound great, but to me adding a new post 60 level grind is exactly the same as having the item grind we have now......his is just more MMOish than ARPG. Oh and to the guy that played every ARPG ever but never had to log out to sell an item then what exactly was logging out to the Bnet lobby to spam the Trade room with;

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Selling Shako, for 3 SoJ's
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

all about then? Guess I just imagined all the hours I spent selling shit in the trade lobby then. So no there's nothing wrong with AH or the RMAH, in fact it addresses an issue that nerfed my time spent playing in D2. Another thing winding me up is all the people complaining about being forced to use the RMAH when I'm yet to find a single item on there that was remotely close to being a good enough upgrade to constitute me actually dropping money on it. In other words the items on there aren't infinitely better than the stuff I'm seeing on the Gold AH and certainly not to a point where I feel remotely compelled to use it at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    If people are still enjoying the game, then good for you. Do what makes you happy.

Me, personally, I don't want to have to farm act4 hell and act1 inferno for hours and hours for an upgrade. I farmed act 1 inferno for 4 days in a row, about 4-5 hours each day, and I got 1 upgrade. I understand this is a farming game, but really that is kind of annoying. And I refuse to spend real money for gear, so I guess I either have to continue farming or just quit where I'm at. So I pretty much log on and farm with my friends when they're on now. Otherwise I'm not really playing anymore.....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

i was a yearslong addict in D2, LOVING the gear grind till my eyes were all read and dry lol... in D3 i feel nothing of the excitement to go gearhunting. People that claim that D3 is the same as D2 in this regard... i find that a mindblowing statement, and i don't even know here to begin if one can't FEEL the difference.

To me D3 is not a satisfying game, the randomness is in every way overdone, and MF running is too much of a struggle to last long.

To each his own, i'm glad there's ppl loving this game, i sadly can't help but feel deeply disappointed after so many years of waiting... And to all the ppl that wanna go "YOUR EXPECTATIONS WERE TOO HIGH BLABLABLA": how can someone NOT have high hopes after having loved D2 so many years?

People failed to note how badly I wanted D3 to succeed on all the levels that D2 succeeded. If you feel this thread was nothing but whining you are incorrect. I approached my experience as critically as possible and the experience fell short of the expectations they created from their polish of d2 and the dev diaries that followed for D3.

The fact of the matter is Blizzard changed the game from dungeon crawling to random orgies of 4 abilities. How much fun was the Belial fight the first time you encountered it on normal compared to the first time you encountered a champ pack on inferno with fire chains, mortar, reflect damage and extra fast? I can guarantee you when you first beat Act 2 on normal you had HIGH hopes for the rest of the game and difficulties.

How awesome was it to crawl through the battle fields to the Towers of the Damned and Cursed before finally reaching the hellish war general Azmodan? Now tell me how awesome it is to come across a champ pack that runs 15 yards for every 1 melee hit??? Oh but wait, they have a 6% chance to drop an ilvl 63 item that has a small chance to be good and if it is good there is an even smaller chance that it will be good for your character.

How AMAZING was it when we got to see Diablo invade the kingdom of Heaven and use all his power to try and destroy it? I can tell you that I was pretty excited when I found out that would be the final chapter.

Now how disappointed were you when you found out the point of this game was not to end Diablo's reign in Heaven, but to kill the 4 glowing blue trash mobs with the same recycled abilities jumbled up together over and over?

They turned the best parts of the game into frivolous endeavours and the most boring, tedious and repetitive parts of the game into the focus.

How can you possibly insult me and tell me I'm whining when I'm literally laying out the exact reasons why D3 will die without a serious xpac reboot. This is not whining or trolling. This is the cold hard truth. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I hit level 40, am about to kill Belial in Hell mode.
    Wait.... Now I don't think you even played the game past normal. How did you get to hell mode at level 40? Lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post
    People failed to note how badly I wanted D3 to succeed on all the levels that D2 succeeded. If you feel this thread was nothing but whining you are incorrect. I approached my experience as critically as possible and the experience fell short of the expectations they created from their polish of d2 and the dev diaries that followed for D3.

The fact of the matter is Blizzard changed the game from dungeon crawling to random orgies of 4 abilities. How much fun was the Belial fight the first time you encountered it on normal compared to the first time you encountered a champ pack on inferno with fire chains, mortar, reflect damage and extra fast? I can guarantee you when you first beat Act 2 on normal you had HIGH hopes for the rest of the game and difficulties.

How awesome was it to crawl through the battle fields to the Towers of the Damned and Cursed before finally reaching the hellish war general Azmodan? Now tell me how awesome it is to come across a champ pack that runs 15 yards for every 1 melee hit??? Oh but wait, they have a 6% chance to drop an ilvl 63 item that has a small chance to be good and if it is good there is an even smaller chance that it will be good for your character.

How AMAZING was it when we got to see Diablo invade the kingdom of Heaven and use all his power to try and destroy it? I can tell you that I was pretty excited when I found out that would be the final chapter.

Now how disappointed were you when you found out the point of this game was not to end Diablo's reign in Heaven, but to kill the 4 glowing blue trash mobs with the same recycled abilities jumbled up together over and over?

They turned the best parts of the game into frivolous endeavours and the most boring, tedious and repetitive parts of the game into the focus.

How can you possibly insult me and tell me I'm whining when I'm literally laying out the exact reasons why D3 will die without a serious xpac reboot. This is not whining or trolling. This is the cold hard truth. Deal with it.
    Rose tinted glasses much? How many times did you kill Mephy whilst skipping all the trash?, how many times did you kill Pindleskin exclusively and log out? How many Baal runs did you run ad nauseam? It's fine to point out that D3 is repetitive but all we've done is trade Super Uniques and Bosses for Elites and Champs which are more varied (yet potentially more annoying), I don't think it's any more repetitive than D2...hell considering I spent 90% of my time farming Mephy solo then I'm even tempted to say my play experience has been more varied in D3.

I shared all your feelings on the first play through of normal, and I think Blizz did a top notch job with the boss fights as I find them all very enjoyable......it's not like they are any less worthwhile killing though since they are usually easier than an Elite/Champ pack and they drop exactly the same as killing an Elite/Champ pack they just aren't the focus post 1.03.

Lets get this straight before you explode at me, I'm not saying your wrong because if you find it boring then it's boring for you. What I'm pointing out is it's exactly the same kind of boring as D2 only you probably die more than you ever did whilst trying to MF and rather than being able to skip maps with Map Hack your now encouraged to clear them for loot. In all likely hood you just don't find Skinner's Box as rewarding as you did a decade ago, that's not exactly surprising is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdwolfy161 View Post
    Wait.... Now I don't think you even played the game past normal. How did you get to hell mode at level 40? Lol.....
    He cleared the game on normal, and is complaining that the game is too easy.

... oh lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Whats with the constant QQ'ing? It is a game, get over it. It had you entertained for over a month. Thats very long for a game these days.
    Seriously you people bitching about Diablo, are spoiled. End of story.
    End of discussion. Print this with a 140 font size on a piece of paper and hang it on the wall in front of your computer.

I also think that bosses should be somewhat more rewarding. So what. Still having a blast playing the game. It's brilliant. Like the guy said, it already lasted for far more than you can expect from today's games. All is good. Move on with your life. QUIT THE FRIGGIN CRYING, YOU SISSIES

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Τhat's the reason that made me uninstall D3 yesterday, i just couldn't enjoy it with the time i have to play it no matter how bad i like it, the choices for a guy who has a job and can't farm for 10 hours per day is pretty limited to
    1) Buy gold
    2) Use RMAH
    3) Use bot

Well i just don't want to participate in neither of those 3 so essentially i'm forced to stop playing a game i like.
    A funny fact about your statement here is this. I work 8-16, 5 days a week. Spending time in the gym ATLEAST 3 times a week aswell. I live by myself, so i also need to take some time for cooking every day, cleaning and shopping. I never used any of the methods you have stated above, but I managed to take down Diablo on Inferno on my main char, while i have farmed LOADS of gear for both my Deamon Hunter and my Wizard. And also for the 3rd gear spec for my barb.

Same boat as you OP. Every piece i'm wearing, except my belt, is bought off the AH. I cleared inferno, and there is zero point in continuing. Haven't logged in for about a week. I've already made a profit off the RMAH, and one day, when i get around to it, i will throw all my current gear up there too.