Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Individuals seeking to master the powers of undeath know well of Scholomance, the infamous school of necromancy located in the dark and foreboding crypts beneath Caer Darrow. In recent years, several of the instructors have changed, but the institution remains under the control of Darkmaster Gandling, a particularly sadistic and insidious practitioner of necromantic magic.
- Heroic: Scholomance - Defeat Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance on Heroic Difficulty.
- Attention to Detail - Defeat Jandice Barov without ever eliminating a false image in Scholomance on Heroic Difficulty.
- Rattle No More - Defeat Rattlegore without allowing him to gain more than 5 stacks of Rusting in Scholomance on Heroic Difficulty.
- Sanguinarian - Defeat a Krastinovian Carver that has 99 stacks of Boiling Bloodthirst in Scholomance on Heroic Difficulty.
- School's Out Forever - Defeat 60 Expired Test Subjects within 20 seconds in Scholomance on Heroic Difficulty.
- Stage One: First Lesson
- Ice Wall - Instructor Chillheart summons a wall of ice that slowly sweeps across the room, instantly killing any player it touches.
- Wrack Soul - Instructor Chillheart shatters the soul of a player, inflicting 15,000 Shadow damage every second for 10 sec. When Wrack Soul expires, it jumps to another player.
- Ice Wrath - Instructor Chillheart wreaths a player in ice for 10 sec, causing them to inflict 45,000 Frost damage to all of their allies within 3 yards every second.
- Touch of the Grave - Instructor Chillheart's icy touch causes her next 10 melee attacks to inflict an additional 45,000 Frost damage.
- Frigid Grasp - Instructor Chillheart summons ice at a player's location that explodes from the ground, inflicting 200,000 Frost damage to all nearby players.
- Stage Two: Second Lesson - When Instructor Chillheart's physical body dies, the foul magic that animated her escapes back to her phylactery. Fragments of Instructor Chillheart's soul escape the phylactery and animate the tomes of magic scattered throughout the classroom.
- The Anarchist Arcanist
- Arcane Bomb - The Anarchist Arcanist creates an orb of magic that explodes on impact, inflicting 60,000 Arcane damage to all players within 2 yards.
- Antonidas' Self Help Guide to Standing in Fire
- Burn - Antonidas' Self Help Guide to Standing in Fire inflicts 60,000 Fire damage to all players within 2 yards of it.
- Wander's Colossal Book of Shadow Puppets
- Shadow Bolt - Wander's Colossal Book of Shadow Puppets hurls bolts of dark magic at random players, inflicting 37,500 Shadow damage.
- Wondrous Rapidity - Jandice rears her staff back with a flash of wondrous Arcane force, unleashing a barrage of attacks that inflict 175,000 Arcane damage in a cone in front of her.
- Gravity Flux - Jandice creates a gravity distortion field that inflicts 175,000 Shadow damage to all enemies who enter it, knocking them back and causing them to briefly go blind.
- Phantasmal Images - At 66% and 33% health Jandice dissipates into thin air, creating multiple illusions of herself. Destroying the one illusion Jandice hides behind forces her back into the fray. In Heroic difficulty, defeating the wrong image causes a Flash Bang, inflicting 60,000 Arcane damage to all enemies.
- Whirl of Illusion - Whereas Jandice hides behind images of herself, the real Jandice dances in a Whirl of Illusion, inflicting 15,000 Arcane damage to all enemies every 1 seconds.
- Rusting - Rattlegore's dull blades rust with each successful melee attack, increasing damage by 10% but lowering attack speed by 5% and movement speed by 5% for 15 sec. This effect stacks.
- Bone Spike - Rattlegore launches a powerful spike of bone at a random player, inflicting 225,000 Physical damage and knocking them back a great distance. Bone Armor absorbs the effect of Bone Spikes.
- Soulflame - The souls of the dead Boneweavers continue to torment the living, periodically engulfing a section of the room in Soulflame. The flame inflicts 80,000 Fire damage every 0.5 sec. and grows in size over time.
- Bone Pile - Bone Piles lie scattered throughout the summoning room. Interacting with a Bone Pile grants a player a charge of Bone Armor.
- Bone Armor - Surrounds the caster with a series of whirling bones that absorbs one Bone spell.
- Stage One: Fetch Me Their Bones! - Darkmaster Gandling turns Lilian Voss against her former allies, employing her powerful abilities to gather more corpses for his devious purposes. Though she tries to fight against his dark will, she cannot control her actions at this time.
- Shadow Shiv - Lilian leaps onto a player and strikes them with both runeblades, inflicting 60,000 Shadow damage to players within 8 yards.
- Death's Grasp - Lilian draws upon dark powers to pull all players to her location.
- Dark Blaze - Periodically summons a patch of dark fire at the player's location, inflicting 25,000 Fire damage every 0.5 seconds.
- Stage Two: Your Soul is Mine! - When Lilian's health reaches 50%, her will finally breaks. Darkmaster Gandling forcefully rips her anguished soul from her physical body, then commands Lilian's Soul to attack the players.
- Blazing Soul - Lilian's soul blazes with barely-contained hatred, periodically inflicting 30,000 Fire damage to all players.
- Unleashed Anguish - Lilian's anguish is further unleashed when striking players in melee. For every melee strike, Lilian will unleash another barrage of Blazing Soul. However, the movement speed of Lilian's Soul is significantly reduced.
- Fixate Anger - Lilian's Soul fixates on a player. She will only attempt to attack that player and cannot be taunted.
- Stage Three: A Perfectly Good Corpse - When Lilian's Soul reaches 1% health, Lilian's Soul fades into the spirit realm and cannot be attacked. Darkmaster Gandling reanimates what remains of Lilian's physical body to fight alongside Lilian's Soul. The reanimated corpse retains all abilities Lilian Voss used in Stage One.
- Finale: Die, Necromancer! - When Lilian's physical body reaches 1% remaining health, she musters the strength to recombine with her soul for a final assault on Darkmaster Gandling.
- Incinerate - Gandling deals 70,000 Fire damage to his current target.
- Immolate - Gandling burns an enemy for 50,000 Fire damage, then inflicts 30,000 additional Fire damage every 3 sec. for 21 sec.
- Rise! - Gandling summons a legion of Failed Students to fight for him. The students swarm the area, fighting anything they can. While channelling this spell, the Darkmaster takes 50% less damage.
- Failed Student - The Darkmaster raises the bodies of failed students to attack players.
- Harsh Lesson - Darkmaster Gandling teleports a random player to one of his study rooms for a harsh lesson!
- Study Rooms
- Expired Test Subject - The Darkmaster keeps these former test subjects in the nearby rooms. They attack anyone who enters their rooms.
- Fresh Test Subject - The Darkmaster keeps these subjects alive in the nearby rooms for testing. Each test subject suffers from Explosive Pain.
- Explosive Pain - Gandling's experiment inflicts excruciating pain on the Fresh Test Subject. Dispelling the effect from the Fresh Test Subject unleashes an explosion of magical energy. This explosion inflicts 75,000 Shadow damage to Expired Test Subjects within 8 yards.