Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    There are no Yak mounts. Maybe Blizzard is living in the future where MOP is already released. Some of us like to live in the present!

  2. #62
    Mechagnome Nexsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    660
    Even if the expensive Yak isn't released yet, it's still great to know that if you buy it once you don't have to worry about buying it again. I think that's the point of the Yak being i the list. Derp.

  3. #63
    Bloodsail Admiral Imhullu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,113
    Pico needs to stop making that hand motion, or you guys just choose a different thumbnail.
    Poor girl.

    Also nice change on the mounts, it's really trivial to not have those be account wide. I think the pvp ones shouldn't be though so that's okay with me that they are not. And class specific shouldn't even have been questioned lol.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by SXSWFun View Post
    There are no Yak mounts. Maybe Blizzard is living in the future where MOP is already released. Some of us like to live in the present!
    You do realize they are talking about a feature that is not going to be in-game until... MOP is already released, right? :P

    Glad for the changes. I know some people are auction house barons and can obtain those mounts easily, but the average player has to scrimp and save for quite some time. It can be just as big an obstacle as grinding out reputations, if not even more so.

  5. #65
    Mechagnome ayashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Temple of the Winds
    Posts
    667
    yay for valor cappping in challenge mode!

  6. #66
    Field Marshal sweatshopkids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Computer
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by shesta View Post
    Find. Someone. Else. For. Those. Videos. That girl is irritating as hell.
    She's also disgusting as shit to look at.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  7. #67
    You people do realize account-wide mounts will actually increase the number of mounts you sell because it increases the value of a single mount by 10x. You're going to get more business from new customers then you would from repeat customers just buying mounts for alts. The majority of players that collect mounts collect mounts on a single toon and get one or two of their favorite mounts for their alts. You'll now see many more people in the market than were previously. Demand goes up and supply goes down then prices go up. Everybody wins.

  8. #68
    Their insistence that Gladiator mounts should be character only, is further proof of why I'm not playing in Panda. Yep. That mount you spent 15 thousand gold on? Sure. That's account wide. That mount that you lucked into as a drop from some boss, that you happened to be awarded? Yep. That's account wide. That Glory of the... Drake that you earned? yep. That's account wide.

    That Drake you earned for being one of the top PvP'ers in a season? NO. NO. YOU CAN'T DISPLAY THAT ON EVERY CHARACTER

    And before you start saying that I'm being an elitist PvP Prick, Let me reassure you, I'm not. I don't even have a single character on my account with 5k Honorable Kills. I don't PvP. I just think that it's a truckload of horse manure that I can display my Glory of the Ulduar Raider 25 drake that I got during ICC (You know, after we had 2 tiers of gear to make it easy) on all of my toons, but the guy who went out there, and housed people in Arena, can't display their Drake on whatever toon they happen to want to play.

    I don't care about the ground mounts. You can buy those with Justice Points, they can stay single toon. But, the Gladiator Mounts? How can you justify Glory of the Raider Mounts being Account wide, and not the Gladiator Mounts!

  9. #69
    That is sick!!! Wish I didn't buy a second chopper for my other character now lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    I dont think the Mechano-Hog, Mekgineer's Chopper shouldnt be account wide cause I dont feel they afre that hard to obtain and it was always required to have engineering to us them. But since I dont have either one yet I dont know if it will take the time and gold equivalent to the price of the Grand Expedition Yak.
    ?? You don't need to be an engineer to have a chopper. I like this idea. A chopper goes for around 15k on my realm and I only have it on two of my characters. I would love to have them on all

  10. #70
    Pre-mades should never have been allowed in the beta period. I can't believe people are asking for level 90 pre-mades..

  11. #71
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Pico needs to stop making that hand motion, or you guys just choose a different thumbnail.
    Poor girl.
    I think she's adorable

    Anyway, yay for the mounts. I'm glad they got some sense into their heads and changed these mounts. However... I disagree with PvP mounts being restricted. I don't have any, but if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't be pleased that I wouldn't have it shared across my characters. I still think only class mounts should be restricted. Nothing more.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-06-26 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Always some typo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  12. #72
    "How about them apples?"


    You'd think people would check the stills of the vids they post on the front page of a forum?

    ...unless it's on purpose, ofc. Then I just feel sorry for the poor girl lol :P

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I think she's adorable

    Anyway, yay for the mounts. I'm glad they got some sense into their heads and changed these mounts. However... I disagree with PvP mounts being restricted. I don't have any, but if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't be pleased that I wouldn't have it shared across my characters. I still think only class mounts should be restricted. Nothing more.
    Indeed, only class mounts, but I would also add faction mounts as restricted (they alread are, right? not in beta).

  14. #74
    Mechagnome Runeweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    幻想郷
    Posts
    586
    Glad of the mount change to be honest, it's great news for mount collectors

  15. #75
    Sweet, I don't have to buy them for all my alts

  16. #76
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,021
    We don't think any of those cross the line. If it were the same class showing up for all of those bullet points, that would be a problem. Our tanks all have strengths and weaknesses and unusual encounter mechanics may synergize or clash with them, but that's more interesting than extreme homogeneity, which would be the alternative. We like the puzzle aspect of "solving" boss encounters according to the comp and strengths of individual groups. We think it has helped contribute to the fun of killing bosses having such extraordinary legs (meaning that we're on tier 14 now and have made hundreds of dungeon bosses).
    And yet again I am reminded of why I've lost faith in Blizzard. They don't see it as a problem because they look at it from the top of their ivory mountain and consider the design. They see the players in a raid group as building blocks to a puzzle, all the while forgetting that players only play ONE class on their character. And even then, a lot of people don't want to be forced to respec for the sake of that puzzle.

    If one class or spec is better than another, even for one specific fight, you could very likely get benched from that fight until it's put on farm (or be forced to play something you don't enjoy playing) - and who the hell cares about a fight once it's on farm? Even if it's "boring" the classes need to be equal on a per-fight basis, or else this "puzzle-building" will continue to cause players to be benched. I should be able to run into a progression fight with any composition, assuming a reasonable number of tanks/dps/heals obviously, and not feel like another composition is superior. I shouldn't feel like "Damn, if they replaced me, the Enhance Shaman, with a Rogue, this boss would be dead already." It should be about player skill, not about what puzzle pieces you have.

    And gain, on the argument of respeccing: If you're willing to resepc, more power to you. Not everybody is. Players should not be forced to play something that they do not enjoy, just for the sake of progress. In the end, this is a game, and people play it for fun - a game is not the place for a "success at all costs" mentality.

  17. #77
    Don't i feel like a dick for buying vials for all my alts.

  18. #78
    "If memory serves the first Spine kill was Blood DK / Prot paladin and the second was a pair of druids."

    The first spine kill AFAIK was made by KIN raiders, and used feral druid/prot pal . The point still stands, no warrior used.

  19. #79
    My favorite part is that if PvP mount's were account wide there would be an equal number of people finding a reason to complain about that on here...

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And yet again I am reminded of why I've lost faith in Blizzard. They don't see it as a problem because they look at it from the top of their ivory mountain and consider the design. They see the players in a raid group as building blocks to a puzzle, all the while forgetting that players only play ONE class on their character. And even then, a lot of people don't want to be forced to respec for the sake of that puzzle.

    If one class or spec is better than another, even for one specific fight, you could very likely get benched from that fight until it's put on farm (or be forced to play something you don't enjoy playing) - and who the hell cares about a fight once it's on farm? Even if it's "boring" the classes need to be equal on a per-fight basis, or else this "puzzle-building" will continue to cause players to be benched. I should be able to run into a progression fight with any composition, assuming a reasonable number of tanks/dps/heals obviously, and not feel like another composition is superior. I shouldn't feel like "Damn, if they replaced me, the Enhance Shaman, with a Rogue, this boss would be dead already." It should be about player skill, not about what puzzle pieces you have.

    And gain, on the argument of respeccing: If you're willing to resepc, more power to you. Not everybody is. Players should not be forced to play something that they do not enjoy, just for the sake of progress. In the end, this is a game, and people play it for fun - a game is not the place for a "success at all costs" mentality.
    The danger with this is class homogenization. If every class can perform equally on any encounter, then they will all feel the same. IMO they are better keeping small differences between classes. So what if warriors aren't as good in encounter A? If they're better than others in encounter B, it will equalize. Only the guilds rushing for server/region/world firsts will bench good raiders because of their class being bad, as long as the gap isn't immense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •