Deleted

Going SPriest in MoP, but what professions?

Good day to yall!

Im a long time reader first time poster etc...

During Cata Ive grown rather attached to my SPriest and I must say Im really excited about the changes that are coming in MoP, both regarding Pvp and PvE. As of now I have a goblin SPriest that I indend to proceed with unless the undead racial plays out as a really nice option. But the question is what professions should i choose?

Tailoring has always been kind toward cloth-wearers and during Cata the back-enchant gave a slight edge over the other professions, but on the other hand it has never been much of a money maker. Im thinking of going with alchemy as a second profession, thus ensuring that I have something that can make me some money. Furthermore it grants me easy access to pots and flasks which tend to be a moneysink when raiding.

On the other hand engineering always brings nifty things when you PvP and the head that you can make tends to be really OP at the start of every expansion. Furthermore JC/BC were the best combo during Cata but its rather heavy to lvl unless you have unlimited amounts of gold and it being the best combo only applies when we have access to epic quality gems.

So with the information that has been released so far, is there any top combo for SPriests when choosing professions?
    Thank you for your time!

PVP = JC/Engi
    PVE = JC/Ench

Thats what i do.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a couple things to consider, are you looking to max stats etc,

Way I see it is, keep tailoring just cause its awesome :P, then for maximum stats I guess its Blacksmithing, since you can gem an extra 2 epic gems,

But as its been seen before, alchemy at the start of an expansion is a big money maker if you can put the time into it, also with the flask timer buff it can save money by only having to use half the amount of flasks you normally would,

Personally I'm Tailoring/Engineering, but its purely personal preference and hey...I'm a Mage :P
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy all the way if you are going to PvE.. 4 hours flasks and you can make your own DPS pots (you'll need 2 per fight to boost your dps).
    Then JC, those 3 extra stats are really sweet, and you can keep crafting your own gems.

I'd say drop enchanting. Why? Because you can just buy your enchants, sadly idd, but that's what we got

I WISH that tailoring would become any good again... I dropped it after BC.. there I used it for the sets, shadow ress gear, etc.. but with WotLK I really found it below JC.

Deleted
    Inscrip/Alchemy

Because they are the cheapest to level.

Deleted
    Engi is awsome rocketboots is still by far the best thing you can have + the helmets are always amazing atleast for the first raiding tier

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming the differences won't change much in MoP, the power offered by Enchanting, Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Inscription, Alchemy, Leatherworking and Tailoring should be almost the same (Currently about ~80 Int if I'm not mistaken). So it's really more a matter of personal preference.

Sure, if you want to min/max, there is always a "best" option but the difference is so minor, if you're not high end raiding in the top 0.5% and have to squeeze out every last ounce of DPS, it doesn't really matter.

I recommend looking at the other benefits the professions offer, as previously hinted. Alchemy is great for 4h flasks and making your own pots. Jewelcrafting means you can craft your own gems. Enchanting has obvious advantages. Blacksmithing means more socket = more customization. Inscription could be very interesting because it will have the new shoulder enchants for *all players*. This could be a moneymaker. The list goes on. Just pick what fits your personal needs best.
    Last edited by Venara; 2012-06-26 at 02:19 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

BS is ahead of the pack, and as stated many of the other professions are tied and only -slightly- behind with the 80 Int bonus. That being said, I would recommend Inscription. Ridiculously easy and fast to level, cheap/easy to farm as far as those things go, somewhat profitable as you level through selling glyphs used for key specs, simple mats. Plus as a previous poster mentioned, shoulder enchants. That and alchemy are IMO the most painless, if you just want to get your bonus and get it over with and are not too worried about profit.

Deleted
    Thanks a bunch for all the input! Im aware of the small difference between the professions, and I think Im gonna go with Alch/Tailoring in the end. Either that or Engi/Alch..but Engi is always a pain to lvl

Tailoring averages out to higher than 80. Blacksmithing currently offers 100 with epic gems, but I'm assuming that will not be the case on MoP launch.

Tailoring/Enchanting go hand in hand since you can craft and DE the items you made to skill up (if dusts/essences would be worth more than attempting to throw the item on the AH). You can say the same for Jewelcrafting and Enchanting making rings to DE, but with tailoring you can farm your own mats without leveling another alt to mine (or paying the steep prices for ore after the expansion is released).

My 3 clothies are:
    Priest - Enchanting/JC
    Warlock - Alchemy/Tailoring
    Mage - Enchanting/Tailoring

All work just fine, and all are equally boring to level.

Deleted
    JC/BS has always been the most flexible, and the best (1 stat point lol) except DS where blizz decided to herp derp

Any other crafting profession pair (except tailoring and JC) provide the same benefit and SPriest should still favor int over secondary stat anyway though, so, has always been, especially for PvE, the question is a little bit moot

If raiding, you should never ever care about how much money the profession makes. That's what alts are for. Extra stats is the ONLY thing that matters.

Keep Tailoring, it's the best proff for any Caster. Then get another crafting profession (NOT Herb, Mining or Skinning). Alchemy, as you said, is a good choice.

and I think Im gonna go with Alch/Tailoring in the end. Either that or Engi/Alch..but Engi is always a pain to lvl
    Don't drop Tailoring for Engi. You are basically picking up a weaker version of something you already have.

I WISH that tailoring would become any good again... I dropped it after BC.. there I used it for the sets, shadow ress gear, etc.. but with WotLK I really found it below JC.
    Tailoring has been the BY FAR best profession this entire expansion...
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2012-06-27 at 03:11 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Tailoring and BS/ENGI are the best right now. JC being the worst besides gathering profs.
    Hi Sephurik

lightweave is being bumped to 2500 int for MoP which is pretty damn good imho
    and of course 120 stats to each ring for enchanting
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Deleted
    My priest is JC/Engineering and I find it decent both as a money maker and stats wise. Plus engineering comes handy when I PvP, so that's an added bonus.

Deleted
    Tailoring/Engi all the way if you can watch and time them proper. But if you don´t wanna spent that much time watching cool downs and procs go with something that gives static stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep my ench/tailoring combo as it is now. I'm always leaning to max stats but free leg enchant and very good back proc is the thing that keeps me with tailoring not to mention ability to craft myself decent items when new raid is launched and I have my ways of making money with Enchanting.

The stats are irrelevant since as long as you take double crafting, it works out to about the same stats. Tailoring is a little better in terms of stats and you can game it a little by lining cooldowns up with it. Engineering is the same if you don't mind never making any money.

Tailoring makes money just fine. At the start of the expansion people will want crafted gear, and if you pay attention the bag market is profitable. I made tons of money with bags this expansion.

Enchanting is a good pairing with tailoring, allowing you to turn raw drop cloth into enchanting mats, and is a nice profession to have on your main because it means your old raiding gear gets a second chance at life as enchanting crystals.

JC is good but nothing special for raiding.

Alchemy has several nice raiding perks. Double time flasks, make your own potions, you can drop cauldrons. It is also easy to level.

Inscription is good at the start of the expansion with Darkmoon cards, then falls off the map unless fortune cards sell on your server or you don't mind playing the AH like a fiend to get something good out of glyphs. The bonus is on par but nothing special, like JC.

Deleted
    Depends on your spec and race. Engineer provides a gap closer, but worgen/goblin also has these and in MoP in tier 2 / level 30 you get gap closers.

JC currently gives 29 less int than the other ones due to epic gem compare. In MoP this problem won't exist until possibly release of epic gems.

Purely on output, tailoring and engineering gives the best output right now but requires tracking of ICDs and usage of CDs.

For a semi hardcore or less serious player I'd say any 2 non gathering professions work.

You can read all about this very topic in the EJ thread about spriest; they did the maths already.

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    The stats are irrelevant since as long as you take double crafting, it works out to about the same stats. Tailoring is a little better in terms of stats and you can game it a little by lining cooldowns up with it. Engineering is the same if you don't mind never making any money.

Tailoring makes money just fine. At the start of the expansion people will want crafted gear, and if you pay attention the bag market is profitable. I made tons of money with bags this expansion.

Enchanting is a good pairing with tailoring, allowing you to turn raw drop cloth into enchanting mats, and is a nice profession to have on your main because it means your old raiding gear gets a second chance at life as enchanting crystals.

JC is good but nothing special for raiding.

Alchemy has several nice raiding perks. Double time flasks, make your own potions, you can drop cauldrons. It is also easy to level.

Inscription is good at the start of the expansion with Darkmoon cards, then falls off the map unless fortune cards sell on your server or you don't mind playing the AH like a fiend to get something good out of glyphs. The bonus is on par but nothing special, like JC.
    Inscription means you don't have to rep grind. Output-wise it gives exactly same as alchemy, BS, LW, enchanting, JC (gave 1 more pre 4.3; 29 less in 4.3; 1 more output in main stat is negligible for ~99% of the WoW player base).

Alchemy for perk I find completely and utterly useless. My guild provides flasks, and they're provided every 2 hours not every 4 hours. Besides, the raid is over after 4 hrs. There goes your extra flask, wasted. The transmog proc is good in start of patch.

Bottomline is though the way you make gold with profession depends entirely on realm economy, how casual you play, how intelligent you are with making money, heck how well you know your profession and if you got suppliers for mats. I made loads of money with inscription, and that wasn't only with DMCs. "Easiness to level" whatever than implies means bugger all if you can get ROI easily because you're skilled with the AH.