Hi guys & girls
for all of you who don't know the dye system in GW2 yet, here a short info from the wiki:
so there is something official about (1) - Mystic forge:Players begin the game with access to a set of starter colors, which vary between each race. As players progress through the game, dye can be acquired in the following ways:
- Purchasing a Dye Pack from the Gem Store for 200Gem.
- Placing four dyes into the Mystic Forge to create a new account bound dye. (1)
- Sometimes Unidentified Dye drops from gathering or mobs which when used become a random account bound dye.
There are 390 different colors of dye. All acquired dye can be viewed via the equipment tab on the hero panel interface.
During the first beta weekend event players acquired Colorful Dye Seeds which drop a soulbound unidentified dye, which itself can be used to drop a random dye that can be used to unlock a new set of colors. These seeds no longer dropped in the second beta event.
source.We are working on a a way for you to make the exact color of dye you want using the Mystic Forge. You will need to get a specific crafting material for each color but you will get the exact color you want.
We really don’t want dyes to be a Gem Store only feature, we understand that some people would be willing to pay more to get exact dyes or all the dyes but we want to keep some aspects of the dyes system in the game.
- In an older build dyes were account bound: if you get a certain dye this specific one is unlocked for all of your characters. So once you have all 400 dyes, there are no dyes for you to collect anymore... forever. All of them are available to you.
- Currently in the new build (BWE2) dyes are account bound & can be crafted (through the mystic forge). I really like this system, because as I understand this, we will have to find certain materials in the world in order to unlock specific colors from the set. Sounds great, brings a bit of exploration along.
BUT I certainly see that some people don't feel that this design-change is how they want it to be. This shouldn't get a debate because it's, as most things, highly subjective.
Well, I have a suggestion to make, a compromise.
-) common dyes are account bound: once a common dye is unlocked, you can use it with every character.
-) rare dyes are character bound: you have to unlock a rare dye for each and every one of your characters... they are rare and more special that way.
(uncommon dyes... leave those out for the moment, or what do you think? How do they fit in my compromise?)
Now I want to see your opinions:
1.) Do you like the system as it is now: Dyes are not accountbound but character-bound. Each character starts from 0?
2.) Do you like the system as it was before: Dyes are accountbound?
3.) Do you like my compromise - only rare dyes are character-bound?
4.) or: it doesn't matter to you.