15+ Year Old Account

Chrono Trigger - iPhone?

Hi,

Recently with the various best game list type posts, I've seen a lot of people suggesting that Chrono Trigger should be up near the top of the list, many people praising this game.

At 27 the SNES was at the "prime" of my childhood video gaming funsies, but I a) didn't play many RPGs then and b) until last week had never heard of this game before...

I've since noticed that the game is available on the iPhone, does anyone have any experience with this?

only a handful of people have actually reviewed it, and a few have said the game has bugs, but is this just a tiny sample of people reviewing it?

basically is it worth it for the £7 it'll cost me? =p

the only alternatives are to ignore this game or to get my wii back off my brother and download it on there . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no personal experience with the iPhone version sadly to help you,

BUT, I recommend just downloading an emulator and playing it on your computer, its still an amazing experience and one of my favorite games of all time,

Sorry if I wasn't much help
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

15+ Year Old Account
    totally hadn't thought of the emulator path . . .

I might indeed try that! =D

There's a DS version too.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Chrono Trigger would not play well on an iPhone, imo. It's a lot better with a controller in hand, so that's what I would recommend. I played it on my PC with a wired 360 controller and had a blast.

Deleted
    I've tried it and played quite far on the iPhone version. The controls are a bit clumsy, they can frustrate and such, but they are not outright bad. Basically the controls (for movement) work in the manner that you press the screen (anywhere on the screen) and pull in the direction you want to move. It's a virtual stick and it works OK. The menus support touch (iirc) and that's kind of where it gets clumsy. The virtual stick doesn't have the same precision but you get used to it which gives you a close-to-legit experience.

I would still not really recommend paying the price they've put on the iTunes store. It's steep.

If you have a PS3, you can also download it on there for the PSOne version with some Anime Cutscenes. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Really wish they'd hurry up with the English Android version. The Japanese one has been out for months already!

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Nice. I think the biggest reason I wanted an Iphone as my next upgrade was for possible SE games, but if they are coming to Android I really have no reason for an Iphone. going to pick up a Samsung Galaxy 3 and keep my unlimited Data plan!
    Running Dos games on Android is super easy as well. SCUMMVM alone handles all oldschool Sierra and Lucasarts games in a very good manner.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA