Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As for the cost of the panda turtle mount that is a place holder price...now the cloud mounts I can see them staying at 3k each...that is understandable seeing its a higher level mount then the racial turtle mount for panda's.....as for the Gem cats those prices will either stay around that cost or come down...if they don't come down as I mentioned before its going to drive up more of the player base to buy gold if they want them....for me none of these mounts presents any problem for me to get...will take a bit of time but I have that kind of time to spend in game...but again 90% of the player base doesn't and that is where I see a very huge problem cropping up with players running to the gold sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    no, not at all.

its not like youre required to own any of the mounts.
    A few ridiculously priced mounts for Gold Sinks is great, there just seems to be an awful lots that's gold sink only is all I'm saying, especially as the next Mount achievements etc will probably be a lot harder to get if you can't get many of these too.

I'm just hoping prices will be a LOT different on release.

I just want the ground mount Jewel panthers. not interested in flying versions. So i'm saving my gold for these. Not paying more than 50-60k gold so they better be priced right. tho i imagine like the vial of sands they start off expensive then gradually drop in price.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Sighz if your in a level 25 Guild going into MoP...that Yak mount cost should be only around 54K...same with the cloud and dragon turtles ...their cost to a player in a Level 25 Guild we be a some what cheaper.

After seeing it in motion, I was disappointed. Looks way too similar to the Winged Guardian in the air to justify the massive gold sink involved. Honestly, the fact that it's black like the Guardian has a lot to do with it too. A winged panther is an awesome idea, but the Winged Guardian is already a dark stony greyish color. I think any of the other colors with wings would've been much more eye catching.

...Plus, the red one with wings would totally be the Camaro of WoW mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    That's really selfish.
    Why should only people who play the AH be rewarded with cool mounts?
    There are plenty of cool mounts that don't require massive amounts of gold. I never bought the Vial because I couldn't afford it and I only just got the chopper, pick a mount and save towards that. You don't have to have every single mount.

Though the gold store comment might not be far off after the mess of D3 RMAH.

Deleted
    That's really selfish.
    Why do only raiders get raid mounts? Why do only PvPers get PvP mounts? Same concept. Gold hoarders get expensive mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Is anyone else finding all this Gold Sinking stuff getting out of hand?

3'000 isnt too bad for a cloud serpent.. if there weren't 9 of them to collect - So that's 27'000

Then you have the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak for about 60'000

Then 6 Dragon Turtle mounts for 3'000 each, so that's another 18'000.

So we're on 105'000 worth of mounts for the Gold-hoarders, even before we get to the Jewelled panthers.

Even if we said the price was cut massively to 50'000 a panther, you'd still have to pay 400'000 in order to get the full set AND the Epic combined version.

So... this brings us up to about 500'000 worth of mounts for the people that need a gold sink, and this isnt even including all of the mounts and gear that will be available in the Black Market Auction House.

Sure, Beta is beta, and I know we'll get more gold from quests etc, but the way it's looking now I think if you don't develop amazing business skills soon, or spend most of your time awake farming or learning to play the AH like a pro, you're barely going to be able to buy even half the stuff in MoP.

...unless Blizzard introduces a Gold Store
    Totally NOT out of hand. Let's look back at cataclysm. How much time into the expansion did it take us to get the Sand Vial? I got mine within one month of launch, so it left me sitting on gold the rest of it. I welcome these things, that theorically might take a lot more time to complete.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alkestis View Post
    Why do only raiders get raid mounts? Why do only PvPers get PvP mounts? Same concept. Gold hoarders get expensive mounts.
    Quoted for truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Probably beyond "Vial of the sands" expensive? However: Wowhead lists each living stone at 25 000 gold? 500 000 for a flying mount? Okay..I was thinking maybe 100 000 but this is crazy.
    To make something clear: 25,000G is the selling price, which is one-fourth of the purchase price. If the values stay as they are, the mount would cost 2,000,000G to craft just in materials. Considering the gold cap is 999,999G per character, you can bet that the cost of the gem (or the amount required per mount) likely isn't final.
    Last edited by Collie; 2012-06-26 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Clarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    JC definitely needed something extra to make gold,thats what I think
    this made me laugh ^^

Has someone actually read the yellow text?
    "Harvested from ancient moments, this strange stone can be formed into truly strange constructions."
    It says it's harvested from ancient moments so it could be that it's a very rare drop from a mining node or from something like combining the new MoP gems into a container that can drop some blue gems and maybe one of those special stones.

That's really selfish.
    Wow, did I really just read that? This is the new wow! Yes, I believe people that put time into some action to get some reward should be the ones that get that reward. I'm pretty sure that's how the raid mounts work - either you accomplish the achievements you need for one - or you beat the bosses boss on heroic and get a drop. They are the only ways that get those mounts. And if there are a couple of mounts that can only be earned by spending a bunch of gold - then yes you earn the gold anyway you can.

There are plenty of cool mounts people can earn w/o farming the AH - or beating current content bosses in raids on heroic mode. There are a few that require this. That's how the game works. But, then again, maybe it isn't that way anymore and any mount can simply be purchased with RL money or can just be gifted to you by a GM when you ask for it.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-06-26 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    I doubt that the dragon turtles will be 3000G each.
    these mounts are class mounts,and as such they should be buyable by a new character that has reached Level 20. I doubt any new level 20 char will have 3k gold to buy a mount.
    I guess either they will all drop in price, or at least some of them will...

I also hope for the JC mounts to drop in price. 100k for a crafted mounts looks a bit silly.
    "Gold Sink" 3k gold isn't much for a mount in MOP, The dailies give you 70g each. And with no cap you could easily farm 1 mount a day with no problem. 100k for the JC mount is a bit much maybe around 50k would be better.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Spending a few million for the JC mounts wouldn't bother me as long as the price stayed at a few million. What I don't want is Blizzard knocking a couple zeroes off the price in the next patch "to make it more accessible". (This is assuming the dupers don't print off thousands of them and we can all just buy them for the peanuts, of course.)

Deleted
    ground versions are poke in the eye and the flying version is ruined with that ugly red armor string and green body detail combo , majority of the mounts introduced in cata , coming to what we are seeing now , lack that final touch which is evident in bleached colours , wierd armor/ornament combinations.. so basically that ' trend' continues .
    mediocre at best .
    Last edited by mmoceb389f4073; 2012-06-26 at 05:23 PM.

It's a gold sink, existing for bragging rights

That's really selfish.
    Most of those mounts are reasonably priced for any player. If you want to have every single mount that's obviously going to get expensive. It's totally unnecessary and most people would only do so for the sake of completion. Any normal player will just pick their favorite color or whatever and use that one. Of course, if you want to blow 100k on some mounts that's totally fine. Spectral tigers go for upwards of 500k but I don't think anyone could reasonably claim that it's selfish for Blizzard to make rare or prohibitively expensive mounts.