Deleted

Post Fusion of characters, or new hero class: ‘The Mutant’

Character fusion and new hero class: The Mutant

How it works:

a) Bring a character to level 90

b) Bring a second character to level 90

c) Do the same for a third

Following that:

a) Character A visits her trainer and tells her “I’d like to use a Spec of this character for fusion”. The trainer hands out a 'fuse'.

The same happens for all 3 characters and 3 fuses are collected

Then:

b) The player creates a new character of the new hero class: Mutant.

The player spawns into a super-secret laboratory controlled by a faction of ingenious goblins and gnomes using Titan technology.

Your caretaker finds in the mail the 3 fuses sent by your friends, the other three characters.

A new super hero is born, having as spec 1, the spec from the first player, as spec 2, the spec from the second player, and as spec 3 the spec from the third player.

Now, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and get overexcited; there is a loot distribution issue to handle due to the complex nature of the Mutant setup.

The solution:

1) A new “Mutant’s” token drops that can be used to purchase any of the class’ specs the Mutant possesses but no other. It is also unusable by the other classes that have the specs it originates from.

Also, since one could say ‘There is no reason to not play a Mutant’ (and the Mutant tokens would be in high demand):

2) Loot will be finally dynamic to reflect the number of each class on the setup of players. It will still be random but not fixated to a predetermined chance.

PS. Dips on Fire Mage/Prot Pala/Disc Priest has been called

edit: Boley brought the good point of OPness due to the universal spells of a class being available simultaneously. This can be tackled by restricting the universal spells of class to be available only when a Mutant spec is enabled.
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-06-26 at 03:35 PM.

hmm id play fury warrior, resto druid, and frost dk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    What about raiding?
    This is addressed later in the message elaborately.

Deleted
    Hm , horrible idea.

Even though it works fine for digimon games .

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like bad idea

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the worse idea I have ever seen. Twilight was a better read.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I tend to find the worst ideals for new classes on internet forums, and this one does not disapoint.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    That is the worse idea I have ever seen. Twilight was a better read.
    this was still a better love story tho (and yay for essex btw! =D)

anyways, keep it clothy, frost mage, affliction lock and disc priest =p

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea, since the fact that there will be no other class except mutants and pvp would be unbalanced. And whats the point if you can be 1 spec at a time like for example frost mage,resto druid,sub rogue which you can only be one... I'd rather roll the class
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    People complain that catering to the 1% of players for (mythic) raids is atrocious.

981 page thread about wanting Blizzard to cater to less 1% of the player base is downright giggle worthy.

Paladin, Warlock, Shaman for sure!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And then we come back to Earth with the logical arguments of;
    - What about DK's?
    - What about PVP?
    - What about raiding?
    - What about sunshine? What about rain? What about all the things that you said we were to gain?
    - Can we still sponsor WoW with Mountain Dew, when there's mutants involved?!
    Hey, what about yesterday
    (What about us)
    What about the seas
    (What about us)
    The heavens are falling down
    (What about us)
    I can't even breathe
    (What about us)
    What about the bleeding Earth
    (What about us)
    Can't we feel its wounds
    (What about us)
    What about nature's worth?
    etc.

Deleted
    I think we can all agree that this is one of the worst ideas in WoW design ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to the haters fateswarm! Although I think your idea would be way to complex to design and program I do respect your imagination!
    Don't dish it if you can't take it...
    WotLK was/is the best expansion. It is not up for debate, just accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of this would be...? It saves you a few logins, but outside that it serves no point. I see no reason to add a new "hero class" like this - this is why we have specs for classes, so we can do different jobs on the same character. And if you can't perform a role on one character, get an alt or another person.
    Look! Words!

There would, quite literally, be no reason to play any class other than "Mutant" except to prepare the component classes for a mutant. A more viable suggestion for the game would be to remove classes entirely and allow players to choose from abilities from any class when they level up.

1/10; and you only score 1 point because it was a formatted post and not a wall of text.

Well I am assuming you get every ability that comes with that spec... It would be a tough choice really. I would have to say fury warrior, affliction lock and feral druid.

I would have the abilities that come with the spec, so its about 90 or so abilities to choose from.
    I would have stealth from the feral druid, and massive burst dps/constant uptime dps for the melee side of things with the combo of feral/fury. Plus constant dots from the affliction lock and if they try to run out of melee range I can just kill them...
    I would somehow operate on 3 resource systems at the exact same time and have a pet... That would be confusing a tad bit...

The best part is, that in choosing feral druid I get every ability they can use so I will have some resto/balance/guardian stuff mixed in... Because every druid gets just about every shapeshift form, or at least some of their spells. Overall the gear stacking would be horrendous, trying to mix intelect, strength and agility would kill me but it could be done in decent enough amounts to get some awesome crits and such.

Overall I would effectively become the most Op class in the game imo. Nothing could effectivly run away from me, considering I would have a warrior charge, a feral leap, major Dots from the lock and some balance spells thrown in. I would have massive amounts of CC open to me and I could always run away from an enemy no problem... Pvp would be horrible though with this idea lol.

Wow so much hate. If nothing else people its a fun idea to play around with in a "What If" context. I personally enjoy the topic OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiliez View Post
    Don't listen to the haters fateswarm! Although I think your idea would be way to complex to design and program I do respect your imagination!
    Too be fair, this sounds like just a copy of the Rift system with some tweaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it, what the theme's creator has proposed is not a bad idea. In fact in many RPGs, the concept of "multiclass" is carried out smoothly.

Specifically in World of Warcraft this might be accomplished by a system that would result to the hero classes, so for example we could have:

Demon Hunter = Warlock + Rogue
    Battle Mage = Mage + Warrior
    Bard = Monk + Rogue
    Death Knight = Necromancer (new basic class) + Runemaster (new basic class in replacement for Death Knight)

and many more possible combinations!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    Well I am assuming you get every ability that comes with that spec... It would be a tough choice really. I would have to say fury warrior, affliction lock and feral druid.

I would have the abilities that come with the spec, so its about 90 or so abilities to choose from.
    I would have stealth from the feral druid, and massive burst dps/constant uptime dps for the melee side of things with the combo of feral/fury. Plus constant dots from the affliction lock and if they try to run out of melee range I can just kill them...
    I would somehow operate on 3 resource systems at the exact same time and have a pet... That would be confusing a tad bit...

The best part is, that in choosing feral druid I get every ability they can use so I will have some resto/balance/guardian stuff mixed in... Because every druid gets just about every shapeshift form, or at least some of their spells. Overall the gear stacking would be horrendous, trying to mix intelect, strength and agility would kill me but it could be done in decent enough amounts to get some awesome crits and such.

Overall I would effectively become the most Op class in the game imo. Nothing could effectivly run away from me, considering I would have a warrior charge, a feral leap, major Dots from the lock and some balance spells thrown in. I would have massive amounts of CC open to me and I could always run away from an enemy no problem... Pvp would be horrible though with this idea lol.
    We can tackle this issue with a simple solution; by casting a spec you do get the 'universal' spells of that class, however, not of the other classes.