Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like this change, if only because i'm sicked of putting straight agi or straight int into every socket.

Deleted
    first I think the yellow and blue gems will still be underpriced, unless the secondary stats will be better than the primary/2 (since you get double secondary stats)

if the primary stats are better than secondary*2 : red, orange and purple will be taken, just like it is now. Only people will gem faster for the socket bonus, since the difference is smaller between primary and secondary.
    if primary stats are worse than secondary*2 : no more red gems used, the colors will shift towards orange, yellow and blue/green for the respective socket colors.

So while people will probably be faster to match the socket color, the use gem colors will still favor certain colors, and make other colors useless.
    (this will however be to a lesser extent than what it was in Cata, where 90% of the dps sockets were red anyway, and red gems were way better than dualcolored ones. I tend to just vendor yellow and gree, because nobody needed them)

As for the epic versions: from what I read, I have the feeling that what they are doing is the same as in TBC:
    In TBC, you could have certain bosses drop epic hybrid gems (for example the Shifting Tanzanite).

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I've been saying this for weeks. it'll solve all problems. Get rid of main stats on gems. If it's all secondary stats on gems, then people can "choose" what they want, instead of being forced into one gem. And sure there'll still be min maxing, but different colors would be good or bad for different classes/specs making more gems viable options and give jewelcrafters more options as well. It's not even a hard implementation.
    This is simply not true, as secondary stats have no equal value when compared to one another.
    you are correct in saying it will give Jewelcrafters more options though, as the value of a secondary stat changes for different classes.
    But it will not be like you can sell every possible gem. You will still be tied to certain combinations. (like int/haste, int/spirit, agi/hit, agi/haste, str/hit,...)

Well how about blizz puts jc patterns and what not on the beta so we can test all these out . Got stacks of ore on the beta just waiting to be prospected.

10+ Year Old Account
    that gem is bop so it can only be JC

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuruai View Post
    Think back, for a second, to BC heroics. where CUT epic gems dropped off roughly every other boss.

I'm guessing we'll try that again.

Deleted
    This is simply not true, as secondary stats have no equal value when compared to one another.
    you are correct in saying it will give Jewelcrafters more options though, as the value of a secondary stat changes for different classes.
    But it will not be like you can sell every possible gem. You will still be tied to certain combinations. (like int/haste, int/spirit, agi/hit, agi/haste, str/hit,...)
    I think you missed the point "Get rid of main stats on gems", that meant no int, agi, str on any gems, meaning those combinations wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuruai View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=83149 is BoP because it IS the JC-only gem, but it gives +480 of a secondary stat because it is blue colored. Same goes for yellows.

Here is the superior, non-JC version of the same gem, which is NOT BoP:

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=76638 +320 spirit.

Now, the JC-only version of a red gem:

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=83150 This gives +320 Intellect. That is 160 LESS than the spirit you get off the JC-only blue gem.

Here is the superior red gem:

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=76694 This gives +160 Intellect, 160 LESS than the spirit you get off the superior quality red gem.

This means you're getting effectively Twice as much of a secondary stat in a pure blue or yellow colored gem than you are a primary red gem. This doesn't, however, apply to JC only blue and yellows. You only get a +160 increase in the JC blue and yellow gems as opposed to a x2 amount.

tbh this is a very pointless change

expecily if all the sockets are the 1 colour bar 2 or 3 like healing and dps gear in ds almost all the sockets are red

if its the same in mop it dosent matter if the hybrids give 80 int and 500 of the other stat.
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-06-27 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    To be honest, if intellect isn't increasing my mana pool*, then I'll just be stacking secondaries anyhow. Healing numbers in themselves are rarely an issue, but longevity usually is. Haste and regen will far outweigh intellect for overall throughput without the ability to bloat your mana pool like you could in expansions prior.

* = While I was doing beta testing, I had not noticed any intellect increase or decrease actually giving me more or less mana. Perhaps if they are doing so, it is a very minimal amount, of which case my point still stands.
    I believe its still Mana regen= SQRT(Int) * Spirit, meaning that Int is still a regen stat, its just not as good as it used to be for Druids, Paladins, and Priests (Shamans, it remains more or less the same for regen)

As for this change, currently, most Primary stats are worth close to double the amount of most secondary stats across the board, thus, to actually make any color but red a viable color for the various dps spec. Thus, what you stack will depend on both playstyle and socket bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

i think thats fair tbh... most secondary stats are not as valuable as primary stats so having more would make it have the same value

this is actually a good thing blizzard did i think... if u looked at most casters in cata barely anyone used anything other than pure int gems (unless the set bonus was worth it or they were extremely close to a haste/hit cap)

not sure how it will be for other classes but as a caster dps the way gems are now will at least allow us to customize our gems better without losing as much value

Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    i think thats fair tbh... most secondary stats are not as valuable as primary stats so having more would make it have the same value

this is actually a good thing blizzard did i think... if u looked at most casters in cata barely anyone used anything other than pure int gems (unless the set bonus was worth it or they were extremely close to a haste/hit cap)

not sure how it will be for other classes but as a caster dps the way gems are now will at least allow us to customize our gems better without losing as much value
    if the gear is compleatly filled with red sockets again ppl will gem compleatly with red. simple, no stat boost for say crit on hybrids will change that so its up to blizzard to not slap up to 3 red sockets on each peice for this to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it works. Gem stacking is boring and defeats the purpose of having gems in the first place, which is to try and puzzle out optimal configurations or to help customise stats. Right now it's just a flat gold cost you have to drop before your gear is usable, because one kind of gem just auto-trumps anything else you could equip.