The World of Tyria.

This opened my jaw!

Deleted
    God i want to release an expansion already!

Deleted
    now its gonna sound like im modding a mod and for that i apologise but dear Bloodhunter shouldent this be in the video thread? , and second, its been posted already <3

Deleted
    I wasn't sure if it "deserved" it's own thread, but i'm glad someone made it :P

EDIT:
    While the map is confusing. I do think it was made between cetain "time-gaps" and/or by two or more cartographers... Cannot wait to find out where we will go in the expansions to come
    Last edited by mmoca41f9fd4de; 2012-06-26 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    now its gonna sound like im modding a mod and for that i apologise but dear Bloodhunter shouldent this be in the video thread? , and second, its been posted already <3
    I've been gone for a few days, if it has been posted. Closy close :>

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 05:51 PM ----------

Re-opened as requested.

Thanks Blood.

I have to say this map is incredibly interesting. The relation between Elona and Tyria (continent) was essentially known, and the distance to Cantha not all that surprising. But holy shit @ the landmass to the North and East of Tyria.

Besides what is assumed to be the "GW:Utopia" island, I'm really taking an interest in the gulf to the East of Elona. That area has the same level of detail as the "known" regions, as opposed to the far East/North/Western islands that are a bit more blurred. So much to explore, and ties in interesting questions with the Elder Dragons, and why they're so concentrated in relation to the size of the world. (Or perhaps there are others?)

In the video they did a very good job of pointing out the inconsistencies in the map, (some of which I missed) which really comes down to - have there been huge changes we don't know about yet, or has it simply been overlooked? The one that annoys me most is the flooding of the Battle Isles... which just makes absolutley no sense due to their distance from Orr. Elona is going to be fun to return to, it seems.

PS. Where do you suppose the Mursaat are/came from?

Deleted
    Thanks Bloodhunter.

Already posted this in the One Thread, and gonna repost it here as well;

Just saw on Wooden Potatoe's that there has been uncovered an new datamined GW2 map that just consists of islands, and from what he tells, didn't fit anywhere... o.O

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodenpo...e=results_main

Starts 00.38.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never been hyped more for a game. And for several expansions for said game.

When they first showed the picture I was thinking... where exactly is Kryta... and my jaw opened when they showed it. Bizarre..

The Utopia island wouldn't be a bad guess as well. I'm not sure what to think about the 'Wastelands' area. It's pretty close to the Shiverpeaks as well and lands around it should have enough resources to make the Wastelands a survivable environment, so what IS going on there? Has the Human race expanded over all of Tyria? Or are there races to be discovered.

The 2 islands below on the left side of the map where the commentator made a comment about, maybe these 2 islands are in war with each other... Don't like that idea, so I'm not hoping Anet isn't planning on doing that.

My biggest confusion was obviously.. the Jade Sea. Where did it go? There should be water there, but there isn't. Has there been a corruption again? All non Canthan citizens were banished from Canthan ground, so I'm wondering what this new emperor has done and maybe something bigger.

Speculations, speculations... gotta love 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I have never been hyped more for a game. And for several expansions for said game.
    Yeah, it really opens up a lot of possibilities too. They could literally do anything with the freedom they gave themselves designing these areas. I also really like that we have the chance to see some of the things they devloped for Utopia afterall, and it wasn't just wasted development time. Even if many of those ideas were incorporated into EotN, there were still quite a few interesting concepts rumored about Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    When they first showed the picture I was thinking... where exactly is Kryta... and my jaw opened when they showed it. Bizarre..
    Heh went the same way for me, I was thinking "wait... what am I looking at..." Then I thought maybe I reversed the colors in my head and I was thinking the sea was the land and vice versa... Then I spotted Istan and was like "oh, hey, that must be Gandara. Wait, where's Istan then?" A few seconds later "holy shit - THAT SPECK IS ISTAN?!? This map is massive!"

Edit: Is it explicitly stated somewhere that the Jade Sea has reverted 100% to water? (Echovald stone -> tree as well) All I remember is reading that they began to slowly show signs of reversing after Shiro's defeat.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-06-27 at 04:47 PM.

The most exciting thing about this is that there is so much that they can add on in expansions and such, and not have to start adding more continents. The likelihood of a random island filled with Pandas showing up within sailing distance of the known continents is low here (Tehehe)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Edit: Is it explicitly stated somewhere that the Jade Sea has reverted 100% to water? (Echovald stone -> tree as well) All I remember is reading that they began to slowly show signs of reversing after Shiro's defeat.
    Nope the Jade Sea changed back to it's original state after Shiro's defeat. The time-lapse isn't very clear when, but after 250 years the sea should be normal again.

Even before they mentioned it in the video I noticed that Shing Jea somehow got attached to mainland Cantha, I'm thinking man-made bridge, or some crazy magic perhaps? That or Bubbles rose the seabed there like Zhaitan did with Orr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Nope the Jade Sea changed back to it's original state after Shiro's defeat. The time-lapse isn't very clear when, but after 250 years the sea should be normal again.
    I'm kinda leaning towards oversight on this one. Not sure how else you could explain that drastic of a change, the entire eastern half of cantha would be a massive crater.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-06-27 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I'm kinda leaning towards oversight on this one. Not sure how else you could explain that drastic of a change, the entire eastern half of cantha would be a massive crater.
    Should be oversight, or else there is lore we don't know of.

Walks up staircase to stare at giant globe....many hours later... GF: "Hey I thought you fought things in that game?" ME: "STAND DOWN YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU SPEAK OF!"
    Its a funny world we live in!

Deleted
    This thread needs more bumping, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcrest View Post
    This thread needs more bumping, yeah.
    Let's hope they don't close it now, because it's a little bit older... still worth watching.
    While I'm all for new zones now and then (like one new zone every few months) I wonder how this will affect the rest of the world.
    Southsun clearly showed that it attracts mass zergs while the most lootworthy events take place here.
    The playable world is really, really big as it is now, however midlevel zones are mostly empty.

So what might happen with even more zones? Is the world already big enough?

Please do not bump threads nearly a year old.

-- Fencers