Poll: Next WoW expansion?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Expansion #5? What do you think

What do you think it will be about, personally I really want to see another Burning Crusade type expansion where we find the Alliance Expedition that went missing and also get to learn more about the lore of ancient Azeroth pre curse of flesh/Orc invasion. Please keep this as a speculation post not a flamewar/angry debate.
    Last edited by Aerimae; 2012-04-22 at 11:19 PM.

Prepare to be surprised maybe. Did anyone predict Mists of Pandaria to begin with?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best uess I have is something about uniting against the Burning Legion
    Because in Pandaria, im getting the image of us amping up the war to crazy status
    But then in the end, the Pandarian culture and way of thinking teaches us that we are fighting like bitches fighting for useless trivial reasons

Poll is now up.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 11:20 PM ----------

Again if your guess is not up there please write it down.

Burning Legion with Sargeras as the final tier.

Well I hope its something like that, but knowing Activision Bli$$ard they will probably make a 6th expansion so that they can do a 5 level expansion again and end the game at level 100

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wanting the Emerald dream since vanilla. There is ALOT of ingame lore already and with the new phasing tech they are using I think they could really pull off a neat expansion with that basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure of the theme, but my money on main villian will be Queen Azshara, on something she is doing perhaps in calling down the legion once again.

I'd almost say that it would be a 9 level expansion, making max level 99.

im hoping for the emerald dream they have always given bits n peices of it now i wanna get inside lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to kill Azshara already. She's one of my favourite characters.

Sargeras/Burning Legion is the obvious choice, but consider this: The problem with taking down Sarg is that he's the ostensible "final boss" of the Warcraft franchise, so to speak. He's the nigh-on invincible Big Bad behind the Big Bad Faction, and when he goes down... well. Even if it's not the "final" WoW expansion, it'll feel like it for quite a few players. It's a risk to take on the Burning Legion in full force so soon, when blatantly inferior specimens like Azshara and (possibly) the old gods are still around.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm not sure of the theme, but my money on main villian will be Queen Azshara, on something she is doing perhaps in calling down the legion once again.
    Pretty sure shes not a big fan of the burning legion but rather only when she was highborne, As the naga she serves the old gods now.

Deleted

Zael, the final boss used to be the Orcs. Then it became the Burning Legion. Then it became Arthas. Then it became Old Gods. Yadda yadda.

Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want with their lore changing things up as they see fit. I can't stand keeping up with Warcraft lore any more because Blizzard can scrap things and add others at a moment's notice leaving the playerbase dumbfounded as to the direction in which the story is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Assault on Nazjatar, while we were away on Pandaria, Azshara rallied her Naga to flood the Azeroth with her.

The expansion will reveal the depths of the forbidden sea and the deeper places of Azeroth, culminating in the battle against the planet itself...

I'd call the expansion as World of Warcraft: Aze'roth that of which will trigger the final cataclysm on the planet, with ending event being Burning Legion assaulting the planet, finally wracking it, leading the races of Azeroth to flee into the Ethereal world of K'aresh in the hopes of preperation for seeking vengeance on their planet that of which will be redeemed in the Planes of Argus, possibly in the final expansion, namely the World of Warcraft: The Dark Beyond.

The Emerald Dream is unlikely to ever be a full expansion. I can see a raid happening there, but not much more. The whole point of the place is that it's supposed to be a backup copy of the original planet. And considering Pandaria is supposed to show how we screw up that one continent, I don't see the Green Dragonflight ever giving us unrestricted access to the Dream.

I'd prefer seeing the Legion again, but we're probably going to need to clean up house on Azeroth first. Which means dealing with Azshara, then N'Zoth.

Emerald Dream is not a choice in my opinion, it got relegated to the book Stormrage. Quite unfortumately, I will say.

Of course, there is still the Rift of Aln, but this is in no way enough content for an entire expansion. Maybe a raid will happen there, hopefully.

I answer this post with the following logic... We have Azshara and Sargeras left, apart from the Old Gods. Since Sargeras is the big bad from Warcraft, we have to take care of Azshara first. So, the next expansion would have to be some islands along with Azshara´s realm. It could be even an underwater expansion, but seeing as the players are scared as hell of Vashjir, Blizzad would not be so bold as to do an entire expansion Vashjir-style.

Thre is also the possibility that Sargeras is NOT the final boss of WOW anymore... And that would be an Old God... But, as much as I love Old God, it would be LAME to put them over Sargeras himself!

I'm kind of at a loss as to where we will go next. All the poll options are fairly viable to some extent. I personally don't think there's enough unexplored land mass left on Azeroth to base another expansion there without spending a good amount of time underwater dealing with Azshara. An update to Outlands with some new zones added via the portals or some other means would be welcome. I'm worried that Knaak ruined the Emerald Dream with Stormrage, but I really think a proper visit is owed to us since they've worked on it off and on since vanilla. A new planet might be the way to go, but the where, why, and how would need to be seriously compelling to make it not feel like pandering.
    Last edited by Pogoball; 2012-04-22 at 11:38 PM.
    CPU - Intel i5-2500k w/Corsair H50 * MB - ASUS P67 Pro
    RAM - 8GB Mushkin PC-1600 * GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB
    SSD - Crucial M4 120GB SATA3 * HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Friendship is Magic

But remember: ponies are not any more of a joke than gnomes or tauren, so no making fun!
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Return of the Burning Legion or Southseas expansion with Azshara.
    We'd go to Argus and Outland will be updated. Perhaps Demon Hunter heroclass introduced and Blood elf and Draenei starter zones updated?

I've always wanted a boat mount or a guild ship of some sort. Make it happen Blizzard! That's what I want in a 'South Seas' expansion. Be able to sail.