View Poll Results: What is your Group Finder Experience Like?

Voters
151. This poll is closed
  • Great! Solves all my grouping problems pre-1.3

68 45.03%
  • Ok I guess. Probably needs to be tweaked to allow xServer.

54 35.76%
  • Horrible, no one is even using it.

29 19.21%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    Up until several months after Cataclysm the average queue time for LFD was nearly 1 hour. 1 hour after the servers open up and I see people complaining that they have waited in the queue for 5 minutes. Don't go throwing complaints like that around, makes you seem like an impatient brat.
    I've reread what I posted a couple of times and I fail to see where I complained about anything. What exactly are you talking about?

After reading over it more one time, you owe me an apology.
    Last edited by Whitepepper; 2012-06-26 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    My one gripe about it is they didnt make it idiot proof.

When you first boot up the Group finder it automatically checks the roles you can fill according to your AC, you need to deselect the roles if your not specced for it. Now im sure most people do this. But the first 2 FP runs i did today prove that not all do , in the first we had a DPS Operative who was designated our healer, with no healing spec or gear, so we had to call it at the 2nd trash pack, and my second run we had a DPS shadow occupying the tank role, so that was called after i asked the tank if had a tank spec because he died on the first trash pull in 2 seconds and he hadnt...

My 3rd run went smooth as tho, im sure as they work out the kinks and improve it it'll be a fine addition

and yeah pop times are pretty much like the early wow ones, less then a minute for healers and 30/40 mins for dps

I personally love it. Flawless so far for level 50 HM's...some slight retardation though in the levelling instances a la players dropping mid run or in the middle of a boss fight and need rolling on everything...I'm hoping though that the ignore feature will prevent you from being grouped with those people again.

Tried it on an alt I'm leveling right now, got a group quick and everything went smooth, my only complaint is that after we were done I got put back at the Fleet instead of the planet I was questing on.

Worked great. Got directive 7 HM and was unable to kill the last boss as most of the people that queued were undergeared including the healer but it was still a blast.

Did D7 HM, Battle of Ilum, Esseles, and Kaon. No problems in any of the above. Could us a few tweaks, but idiots are always going to be idiots. Haters are always going to hate.

I am a hardcore pvp player and invested many hundred hours in my main in warzones, so I am pretty excited about rated ones.
    but the only thing I did yesterday was leveling my healer operative through flashpoints (with the flashpoint experience legacy character perk of course) and it was a very good experience, I had to wait about 10 minutes on the first one, maybe it was too early. but all the others were instant joins for mandalorian raiders. so I really cant complain. but I am afraid it was to go x-realm at some point in the feature, especially because I am on not on one of the mega servers. I wouldnt mind an option where it looks for 5 minutes on your own server and then goes x-realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    especially because I am on not on one of the mega servers. I wouldnt mind an option where it looks for 5 minutes on your own server and then goes x-realm.
    Im confused by this did you not transfer? Im glad you are having positive experiences but what constitutes a "mega server" I thought they merged / transferred all of them down to relatively = populations.

I really find the "no one is even using it part" of option 3 hilarious.

Everyone who is on a mega server is doing it. Everyone.

(And if you didn't transfer to a mega server, you no longer count. Get use to that lol)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    Tried it on an alt I'm leveling right now, got a group quick and everything went smooth, my only complaint is that after we were done I got put back at the Fleet instead of the planet I was questing on.
    This is the only thing that is bugging me right now.

Though I think it's going great, there are some things that need to be tweaked/fixed still like having to reset instance after someone leaves, or "need" not being locked to specs, but overall I'm pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Im confused by this did you not transfer? Im glad you are having positive experiences but what constitutes a "mega server" I thought they merged / transferred all of them down to relatively = populations.

I am on a RP destination server. while normal PVE destination servers reveived migrations from 5 to 20 other servers, very few servers are labeled RP, so we got only people from 2 other servers. its fine now, but I fear it might get worse in the future.
    Last edited by moff; 2012-06-27 at 12:14 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice, but it has been needed since the beginning. I'm just happy that I can finally turn in that damn social point quest on my alts, now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since there is nowhere else to continue this discussion...

First time I queued was suprisingly fast, run was smooth.

Second time I queued, 1hr later, I waited an hour for a group. The tank DCd and never came back. Naturally it was so painfaul trying to figure out the proper way to requeue that the group fell apart. Then when I left it told me I couldn't queue for dungeons for a while. Umm...no. Not acceptable.

Switched to a level 20, all the options to queue were greyed out. Realized I had quests for the FPs in my log, I abandoned them and only one FP became available to select, even though I now had no quests for them. Buggy, buggy, buggy.

This is on Jedi Covenant, which already had enough people on it before the merges.

TL;DR: Very buggy right now, with no indication sometimes of what is wrong or what you need to do to fix it. Queues are too long already. Ignore the haters and get cross server working ASAP.

With that being said, I'm still glad we have *something* now...but it's not enough in the current form to make me want to keep paying for it without improvements.

...I went back in to check it out with this upgrade. Was pretty underwhelmed. The group finder is OK at best, to me the main thing is a fast queue and I think it should have been launched as xserver. I also have this annoyed feeling of them making a big deal about giving players something that should've been there from launch.

Then legacy... I find the new bonuses pretty dull. I also think it's very lame that they cost credit, you don't get something for leveling your legacy in which case it would feel like a reward for playing, your legacy just unlocks the capacity for you to spend your credits on stuff and most of it is just for that character, which doesn't even make sense. The experience bonus are pretty blah, I generally felt I was in fact out leveling my areas too quickly if I did warzones or instances while leveling. Speeders at level 10 should just be baseline... not make me spend 40k on EACH alt I want to level. Redistributing talent points "on the go" is kind of LOL, given how cookie cutter the trees are, I've reset talents after I hit 50 once in 2 months.

Instead of that bs they should've implemented what the game really needs, multi-spec and added features to add in some level of real customization with horizontal choices. The responsiveness of the game, animation delays, enemies "taking a moment to die" after they've been killed and the silly amount of loading time/time it takes from point A to B that make the game feel slow as hell, those are the core issues. But hey they have a server only LFG tool! Somebody give them a cookie.
    Last edited by dulcheshammie; 2012-06-27 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    It's great

It should never go X server
    It's going to have to go cross server eventually, because there are not enough people on each server to keep queue times reasonable, especially for the lower level stuff.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    It's going to have to go cross server eventually, because there are not enough people on each server to keep queue times reasonable, especially for the lower level stuff.
    I think they will do server mergers before they do xserver.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I haven't had 2 hour long queue times. This is the first time I've even heard that claim. Did you not transfer to a fuller server last week or something? You could get a group faster spamming chat, I often did even before the mergers.

X-server means no responsibility from the players. People will be jerks because there is virtually no chance of them getting any sort of repercussions from being a jerk. Noting guild or legacy name of a jerk will mean nothing since They will never be seen again and you can't warn the appropriate people.

Have you never honestly heard this arguement?

WoW is a social cesspool because of jerks in LFG pugs. Every other Dungeon had some ego swelled punk in it who would either insult the group or mess things up (either because they are bad or wanted the whole dungeon done in 2 minutes)

I don't like games that favor jerks and a X-server LFG favors their bad attitudes. No matter how small their population truly is they ruin games for a lot of people. I'd rather a system that doesn't help them be jerks.

Swtor getting X-server LFG would be one of the few things that would make me unsub immediately. The game in some aspects is close enough to WoW, it dosn't need to be any more like it especially with a bad idea like X-server LFG.
    This entire argument is based upon the idea that people who are jerks in LFG aren't jerks elsewhere. It's just not true. WoW - and the internet - was a social cesspool, as you say, long before cross realm LFG. Hell, as far back as EverQuest people used to train other groups out of camps that they wanted. The lack of civility of a large portion of the MMO playerbase has nothing to do with cross realm LFG queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Popped in quick last night and qued my sage healer up just to see how it would go. 2 seconds later, BAM, Taral V hardmode run! Got stuck with a tank that had never run it before and two melee sentinel dps'ers. Tank was a bit slow in setting a pace and the sentinels were massive aggro hogs the whole instance. Other than the obvious hicups on the final boss since the tank didn't really know what to do it went fine.

Then I went to que up my main (sentinel) and right as my que popped 15 minutes later I pulled bad wife aggro and had to drop group and kill the game. Is it some universal constant that on patch day wife threat seems to increase exponentially based on how much time you want to spend on the games new features or something? I hope my force fade is off cooldown when the next patch/expansion comes around...
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    This entire argument is based upon the idea that people who are jerks in LFG aren't jerks elsewhere. It's just not true. WoW - and the internet - was a social cesspool, as you say, long before cross realm LFG. Hell, as far back as EverQuest people used to train other groups out of camps that they wanted. The lack of civility of a large portion of the MMO playerbase has nothing to do with cross realm LFG queues.
    To me his entire argument is accountability. I know some people are jerks, the whole thing is with cross realm ques there is 0 accountability. At least on the same server there is some accountability because your reputation on that server will be tarnished by your actions. This will not get rid of all the jerks, but will make people aware of who they are and perhaps prevent a few from acting like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    To me his entire argument is accountability. I know some people are jerks, the whole thing is with cross realm ques there is 0 accountability. At least on the same server there is some accountability because your reputation on that server will be tarnished by your actions. This will not get rid of all the jerks, but will make people aware of who they are and perhaps prevent a few from acting like that.
    There's no accountability on same realm LFG either. People like to believe there is, but there really isn't. How many times have you sat in Org or Stormwind and heard someone screaming about so and so being a ninja or scamming, and the person doing the yelling was told to go away or just flat out ignored? I suppose it's possible that you could get "blacklisted" from an entire server three people at a time, but your average MMO player just doesn't keep up with random people's reputations. On Thrall Horde side there was a guy who literally ninja looted every single item he needed out of ICC 25 in pugs he formed every week, and he kept getting people to go because most people don't sit around gossiping about what so and so had done or if they didn't share the same item types they flat out didn't care.