Mop dmg-healers pvp

I was thinking about the loss of mind spike for holy and Disc. I am saddened with the loss of that spell. For pvp i would use it to do dmg, that way if I was Kicked or CS I could cast my heals freely or switch to smite. Now all the spells we have excluding our DoTs are holy spell school. I feel this is leaving us very vulnerable.

Druids have arcane to use as an alternative vs their healing nature spells.
    shaman have lava burst and some shocks
    I dont know about pallys how they survive so easily I think they might melee or something
    monk not sure about either yet

but do you think that this is as bad as i think it will be
    Last edited by angelest; 2012-06-24 at 03:10 AM.

Smite/holy fire making a comeback is good for priest skill cap. being able to just use another school and not care about interrupts is not good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by angelest View Post
    I was thinking about the loss of mind spike for holy and Disc. I am saddened with the loss of that spell. For pvp i would use it to do dmg, that way if I was Kicked or CS I could cast my heals freely or switch to smite. Now all the spells we have excluding our DoTs are holy spell school. I feel this is leaving us very vulnerable.

Druids have arcane to use as an alternative vs their healing nature spells.
    shaman have lava burst and some shocks
    I dont know about pallys how they survive so easily I think they might melee or something
    monk not sure about either yet

but do you think that this is as bad as i think it will be
    i rarely see starfires being cast by resto druids.. Rarely ever.
    Pallys just have to many instant casts and crap, rarely melee healer wise.
    Monks have dmg built into some healing spells.
    all it is, is a higher skillcap tbh

A lot depends on how coefficients are tuned. Back in Wrath, for example, we didn't have Mind Spike but disc priests could do very respectable damage with DoTs, Mind Blast, and Holy Fire. Disc priest damage in Wrath was comparatively much higher than it is now.

We're losing Mind Spike and Mind Blast, but gaining instant Holy Fire, Holy Word: Mana (or whatever it's called), and Shadow Word: Insanity. Shadow Word: Pain will also be usable in PvP DPS rotations because of the removal of Mind Spike.

At minimum, PvP DPS will be better in Pandaland than it is now because we're going from having to spam Mind Spike to being able to weave damaging spells and heals together. Depending on how the coefficients on Holy Fire, Holy Word: Mana, Shadow Word: Insanity, and SW:P end up, PvP DPS could easily end up being higher than it is now, too.

As for Smite, well, that may be OK for soloing but it's never been much of a PvP ability because of the cast time and the risk of a holy school lockout. That isn't going to change, and I doubt priest PvP is going to be balanced around the idea that we'll be able to spam Smite like we can spam Mind Spike now.

Arcane Casts are gone for Healdruids in MoP beta.

Also Palas just hava a holy spell
    Don't know about resto Shamans, but I think they have only lb left.

I love Power Word: Solace because it gets you 2% of your mana every time you cast it.
    (it comes for 7k dmg on a 85 training dummy with 375 gearlvl, not thaat much, but u can spam it to reg a lot of mana during a fight. Palas, Druids, Shaman have to pay mana for their spells)
    Also don't forget the lvl 90 Spells. Halo does a lot of dmg (didn't see the other 2 ultis in action)

What I'm really missing, is Manaburn

But I'm happy to see, the holy priest getting better in pvp I love holy more than disc and the new fountain of light glyphe is awesome! You are stunned? Np, the fountain heals you and the rest of the BG completely up with it's 15 charges and you can cast your life saving wings now while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Faethor-DieNachtwache View Post
    I think you're probably underestimating the Holy Paladin toolkit for PvP.

They have a 30 yard instant judgement that can apply a 50% snare on a 6 second cooldown, further reduced by haste. The have an 40 yard instant Holy Shock on a 6 second cooldown, with a +25% crit chance. Then they have their new, spammable cast time spell, with a 30 yard range that prevents their target from being able to crit. These can be supplemented with Seal of Truth for dot damage. Then there are the final tier talents as damage options too.

In summary, Holy Paladins have got a few Holy spells, not just the one. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Faethor-DieNachtwache View Post
    Arcane Casts are gone for Healdruids in MoP beta.

Don't know about resto Shamans, but I think they have only lb left.

I love Power Word: Solace because it gets you 2% of your mana every time you cast it.
    (it comes for 7k dmg on a 85 training dummy with 375 gearlvl, not thaat much, but u can spam it to reg a lot of mana during a fight. Palas, Druids, Shaman have to pay mana for their spells)
    Also don't forget the lvl 90 Spells. Halo does a lot of dmg (didn't see the other 2 ultis in action)

What I'm really missing, is Manaburn

But I'm happy to see, the holy priest getting better in pvp I love holy more than disc and the new fountain of light glyphe is awesome! You are stunned? Np, the fountain heals you and the rest of the BG completely up with it's 15 charges and you can cast your life saving wings now while stunned.
    Do resto shaman have LvB still in MoP? hmm, don't think i put it on my bars (i lose so many binds without vuhdo), but i'm not certain its not in the spell book. i use it a lot on live, when i'm actually try to do some dps and not just throwing out a some LBs for regen. will be sad if its lost in MoP, but atm i'm just using LB and searing/fire ele to dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently pvp as disc with my priest, so I am used to faking casts in order not to be inturrupted. I rarely use Mind Spike as it is, so I do not think I will really miss it when its gone.

I am also happy that Mana Burn is gone. Yes its amazing for priests, but it sucks when your on the receiving end! haha