Weird thing involving my eye lashes...help!

Ok, so first things first, I'm a male...I'm almost 30. I've always been told i have really long eyelashes for a guy (e.g. girls always tell me they're jealous of them).

Three or four days ago, sometime during the early morning, I kept seeing something obscuring my vision slightly out of my left eye. I wear glasses so i thought it was smudging on the lenses, so I i cleaned em real good and it's still there! Eventually I go look in the mirror to see if there's something in my eye and low and behold IT'S MY EYELASHES THAT I'M SEEING!.

Somehow my eye lashes have straightened themselves out instead of being curled up like they always have been. WTF, EYELASHES? How you gonna do me like that? The other eye is still curled up, and even half the lashes on this eye are, but the ones in the very middle go straight out in front of the eye now, perhaps even curling downward slightly!

So anyway, it's annoying as hell. I know they make eyelash curlers, but I've never heard of a guy needing to use them. Anyone else ever experience this? Is there anything I can do? If I stop thinking about it, I eventually don't notice it much, but then it'll catch my attention and its another hour or so before i forget about it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you wash your hair with a conditioner or something that you're not usually using? Something that would smooth out "hair".

Maybe some of it got in and around your eye. All I can think of to try is to not use that same stuff again (if it is that).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a habit of pulling out the lashes that bug me. Maybe that could help?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Wash your face with soap and water, then vigorously rub your face with a towel. Perhaps that will return the lashes to normal.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Did you wash your hair with a conditioner or something that you're not usually using? Something that would smooth out "hair".

Maybe some of it got in and around your eye. All I can think of to try is to not use that same stuff again (if it is that).
    Nope, been using the same shampoo (Head and Shoulders) for years, and since i keep my head shaved i don't use conditioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I have a habit of pulling out the lashes that bug me. Maybe that could help?
    It's a whole section of the eye lashes, right in the middle...probably a bout 1/3rd of them. I am debating just cutting them, though. Just weird that I've never had (or heard of) this happen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Wash your face with soap and water, then vigorously rub your face with a towel. Perhaps that will return the lashes to normal.
    Tried it...no success

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    Eventually I go look in the mirror to see if there's something in my eye and low and behold IT'S MY EYELASHES THAT I'M SEEING!.
    I've got ridiculously long lashes as well for a guy. Max Factor would be jealous
    I see my eyelashes all the time, I just got used to it I guess :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine have started doing that too. :/ Hair texture changes as we age so maybe one day your lashes said "fuck it" and decided to stop curling.

Maybe get a pair of beard/mustache scissors and very carefully trim them down if they keep bothering you?
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Ask a girlfriend/female family member to borrow one or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    *snip*
    Ask a girlfriend/female family member to borrow one or something.
    someone doesn't read well...quoted from my OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    I know they make eyelash curlers, but I've never heard of a guy needing to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Maybe get a pair of beard/mustache scissors and very carefully trim them down if they keep bothering you?
    That's what I wound up doing a few minutes ago. Except i just used regular scissors. Had to trim some of the "normal" lashes too for it to look right, but all in all it was a success.

I'd still like to know why it happened, though.

Yeah I get that... but would you rather stick with freaky straight eyelashes? :P Maybe you slept hard on one side of your face or something? I don't know... haven't really heard of anything like that before.

You'll get used to it, all girls do. Be happy you have awesome eyelashes!

I have long lashes too and as a guy im always curious on why EVERY girl notices long lashes and why their all jealous.

OP if its really that bad maybe trim them back to be short otherwise you'll just have to either curl them or put up with it. Personally i'd curl them, I don't care if other guys don't do it I personally enjoy improving my image however i can. But then again i suppose im a rare type of guy.