Handicapped Student Choir and Niki Minaj

I was inspired to this idea a couple weeks ago and since have taken a lot of heat for it but also some support. I was visiting my friend's house and her little brother has severe Down Syndrome. While we were hanging out Niki Minaj's Starships song came on and he started to sing along. I was absolutely blown away by how much when he sang he sounds like her in the opening and when she does that weird voice where she sounds like she's having a seizure. My mother works at the New York State School for the Blind which also has severely handicapped children and she says that their choir director has difficulty finding music for the kids that goes beyond stuff like Mary Has a Little Lamb etc. because its simply difficult for them so I presented her with the idea of having a theme this summer of Niki Minaj songs using songs where her voice does that weird thing mentioned before.

I think its a wonderful idea and sort of liberating for those kids (the regular blind singers could do the other parts of the song like the chorus) to have music they can excel at. If I was their parent and I came to the recital I would think that it would be pretty neat. However, many have told me this is a monstrously insulting idea. So I came to get the OT perspective on this one. Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    sounds like it would be a great idea its something new and exciting give it a shot

Deleted
    Try some different songs as well before going with the idea, maybe they're good at other songs too. There might be a bad thing because some people may truly hate that artist. You can't please everyone, but if you're saying many have told you it's a bad idea, you should try to offer alternative songs too from other bands/singers.