Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would say the largest % of people who bought the game don't give any sort of feedback, positive or negative, they buy the game, play it a litle, and never get involved enough to register their vote.

Of the people motivated to give an opinion, often they are the extremes, the extreme pro and extreme con.

I strongly believe that the complaints surrounding D3 are much more numerous and vocal than your average game, for a few reasons.

1. The game has many problems and is a major disappointment
    2. People had ridiculously high expectations

Not a good 1/2 combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I quit playing it 2 weeks ago I was already bored with the game and I personally couldn't stand the AH prices, I'm not trying to sway others from liking or not you try it and decide.

BTW, I love the contrast about how the OP whined in the "WoW is dying" article about bosses getting nerfed and being too easy. Then he turns around and whines about how impossible Inferno is in Diablo 3.

I think it's safe to say D3 could have used some more times in the beta. The most damning thing I've read about the game is that the devs didn't play test the game with the AH in place for most of the development. The biggest thing to have an impact on the game and it's impact wasn't tested. The d3 xfire graph link on his website is the best though. That's a loooooooooong drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    Not a single one. Not a single post liking the game. Can we please stop with the lying and hyperbole? If you are going to make complaints, at least tell the truth.
    How is he lying? He simply stated he hasn't found a single post praising the game which very well could be true. To be quite honest if even half the stuff the OP posted in that blog is true or even half the hate found in the Official Forum post Rife linked is legitimate then I'd argue the game/blizzard deserves it. Seeing those posts and Bashioks response really makes me glad I haven't wasted 60$ on the game and don't plan on buying MoP, I just hope they don't screw up with the next two SC2 expansions which at this rate might be my last two purchases made from Blizzard.

OP writing blogs decrying Blizz games, gee, nothing to do with garnishing some income at all?

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    13 years of waiting OF COURSE we expected better
    Look, D3 was the biggest game of the decade for me, I spent a ridiculous ammount of time playing D1 and D2 and D3 isnt perfect.

1. Legendaries sucked balls in terms of design, itemisation and quality compared to D2
    2. The crafting system is pointless, too expensive and the lack of a runeword crafting system has taken a big dynamic out of the game
    3. Only 6 abilties at once is kind of limiting
    4. Character models and gear textures are terrible and game performance is horrendous
    5. AH system is fairly limiting
    6. Forced questing is limiting, no act skipping, no backtracking to kill previous bosses before the quest.
    7. Waypoints mostly pointless
    8. Insert a massive list of other things.

Sure, all those things. But the game is a good game when it works, most games that cost the same would never get anywhere near the play time that people have put into D3, even the ones who are up in a huff about it.

The game is ultimately not big enough, not enough freedom, forced into doing the auction house and kill elites thing, and it needs a massive list of changes to ensure it has an endgame. Its a great game for the first week or 2 of play, absolutely worth the money, it just doesnt come close to living up to the longterm almost MMO type lifespan expectation people have put on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a single one. Not a single post liking the game. Can we please stop with the lying and hyperbole? If you are going to make complaints, at least tell the truth.
    I've seen plenty of people defend Diablo 3. I have not seen a single thread that outright praises Diablo 3 as a fantastic game.

So because he is telling the truth he is a dickhead? Hardcore inferno has been cleared. That means that person did not die a single time til they killed diablo. Just because YOU cannot deal with it, does not mean it is impossible.
    Thelxi sums this up perfectly:

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    How so? Stop doing content that's too hard for you.
    Too hard for my paypal balance.
    Hardcore Inferno has been cleared by Kripp after dying many, many times and restarting, pre IAS fix with hundreds of millions of gold worth of gear. It's possible but it's also stupid design that requires that. Any half decent gamer with the same funds could have cleared it and that is the problem. That's also why Boshiak was being an asshat. He made a game, the vast majority of feedback told him over and over that it's shit and he's getting bitter towards the fanbase that is also trying to suggest fixes and point out errors in Blizzards ideas of "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Aye D3 has a lot of issues, but the majority of games do, peoples standards and expectations these days are extremely high.
    They're high standards because they've been set that high. It's very possible to release a polished, well designed, fun game these days. Blizzard are one of the biggest players in the gaming market and should have the expertise to deliver quality titles and meet expectations. If they can't then their time as the gaming monolith is limited as gaming companies that can deliver will take thier spot on stage. Look at what's happened to EA games in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    The people who enjoy the game, who truely enjoy it are not wasting their time bitching and moaning about a video game on fan forums. They are playing the damn game.
    They must be doing it in secret or solo because last time I checked I saw 1100~ public games for the entire NA region, compared to the 150k-200k games active in the week following release. I expected drop off after launch but not a 99% drop off. I'm guessing there aren't many positive reviews becuase most people have stopped playing.

It's clear theirs been a decline in people playing the game. Whether or not Blizzard cares to do anything to address the issue is another matter entirely. Frankly they got your money already I'm not sure why they'd bother.

I dont really see a problem with the game, except for the wasps in act 2 inferno. i love the game wasnt what i expected but overall its fun to play, as for inferno being to hard i dont see how i may only be in act 1 but grind some gear the game wasnt ment to be beaten like WoW raid bosses

Game still doesn't make screenshots in FullScreen mode, creating just an empty files (and hiding it far away on disc C instead of where the game was installed). And you still argue that D3 is not in Beta?

Meh. I certainly got my money's worth of playtime off this game. It doesn't have the staying power of DII: I'm just bored as there's nothing to do besides farm gear for, what, making farming easier? I already finished Inferno long ago and there's no other end game. That doesn't mean I'm pissed off.

A lot of people have quit the game but many of us who have quit are not disappointed or angry at all. Most video games don't last very long and D3 definitely was definitely entartaining for a while. I can see myself occasionally logging in to play some D3 for months or even years. If an expansion adds build diversity or more interesting items (like LoD did) I might return to play a lot more.

It's nowhere comparable to the actually disappointing video games I've tried lately - I'm for sure never buying another Bioware game but Blizzard is performing pretty much as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Speak for yourself. I got what I expected from the game.
    you set the bar low so you wont be disappointed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    . If an expansion adds build diversity or more interesting items (like LoD did) I might return to play a lot more.
    That's the biggest problem IMO and I will not buy an expansion if all they do is bring Diablo 3 to something resembling LoD. If Blizzard can't figure out how to do anything to make an interesting Xpac other than butcher vanilla d3 so they can go back and "relearn" everything they did in LoD then they don't deserve a single dime IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    13 years of waiting OF COURSE we expected better
    I remember reading somewhere that the legal process Blizzard had to go through in order to work out the kinks in the RMAH took the majority of that time and actual game development only took a few years, which they started once they knew the RMAH was a go ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if the legal process took 10~ years and creating the game took 1/2. It wouldn't take that long to create a story that can be cleared in a few hours and then just fiddle with the numbers to make that content last 4 times as long.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's the biggest problem IMO and I will not buy an expansion if all they do is bring Diablo 3 to something resembling LoD. If Blizzard can't figure out how to do anything to make an interesting Xpac other than butcher vanilla d3 so they can go back and "relearn" everything they did in LoD then they don't deserve a single dime IMO.
    Why in the world would you even consider buying the expansion? You've been complaining on this forum about Diablo 3 and Blizzard non-stop since launch day.

Don't tell me we're all going to have to sit through "well, I bought the expansion and it sucks. now i'm going to jump into every thread to talk about how much it sucks!" when the expansion launches.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Speak for yourself. I got what I expected from the game.
    My feelings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Why in the world would you even consider buying the expansion? You've been complaining on this forum about Diablo 3 and Blizzard non-stop since launch day.

Don't tell me we're all going to have to sit through "well, I bought the expansion and it sucks. now i'm going to jump into every thread to talk about how much it sucks!" when the expansion launches.

OH I don't plan on it. Like unless they do something super amazing I won't touch the damn thing. The problem is they'll do exactly what they did in LoD and everyone will praise them for listening to community while all their really doing is repeating the same improvements they did before. Nothing new nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    The people who enjoy the game, who truely enjoy it are not wasting their time bitching and moaning about a video game on fan forums. They are playing the damn game.
    ^^ This times Infinity and a bag of chips. That's why you don't have posts praising the game....

you know... screw it..... I was NOT a fan of the first Diablo and Diablo 2 at all. Thought they were boring and click fests. I only gave Diablo 3 a chance because I got it for free with the Annual Pass. You know what? I LIKE IT! it is FUN! Great Story! Has elements from WoW. Easy to jump into a multi-player game. I played through Normal level as a monk. Started Nightmare now and still enjoying every moment of it! and I USED TO HATE DIABLO 2!

There now you have it... a praise post..
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

I like D3 better than I liked D2 at launch. I also only play 4-6 hours a week. It's called moderation.

Try it.