Poll: How many of your 13 slots are filled with AH gear

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    On my Wzard all gear bar my belt (which is very good) and gloves (quite good) is from the AH.

However, in the past 3 days I've found almost 20 mil worth of Barbarian gear thats sitting in my stash waiting for my currently lvl35 Barb to hit 60. Literally found amazing pieces for over half the gearslots for him. All werent drops, though. Crafted a pair of bracers worth a good 2-3mil yesterday and a pair of shoulders worth 1-2mil 2 days ago.

Really makes me wonder if theres some kind of secret variable in the game that makes it so that all the good gear you find is for other classes.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2012-06-27 at 05:34 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I put 8-12 but I wouldn't be surprised if they're all from the AH. well I guess my wrists are given from another player. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I never used the AH and I find at least one upgrade (often small, sometimes really nice) every day. However I agree that loot in nightmare and hell is too bad. Nephalem valor buff should start in nightmare or the guaranteed (or whatever mf bonus there is) rares from normal for killing bosses should remain in nightmare and hell.

Not a damn thing from the ah and im on act 4 with izzy dead.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 02:41 AM ----------

Also there are plenty of trading sites if you hate the auction house. One is diablofans and the other I probably cant mention due to not being part of the curse network and they have this thing called forum gold.

Nothing i have on my char is from AH.

Using the AH is entirely your choice, to avoid long (probably infinite) farming sessions and to finish Inferno as fast as possible.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    40% of the votes have got all gear from AH...is this how it used to be in D1 and D2?
    There was no AH in Diablo 1 or Diablo 2, and both games were a lot easier so you didn't need optimal gear to beat it. The problem is not the AH. The problem is the difficulty level of inferno.

Deleted
    I guess I have been lucky, I have found my own excellent Bracers, some wicked shoulders (sold the old ones for 2,5 million), a nice ring with great mainstats + attackspeed, a legendary neck with LoH. That's it though, bought the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    40% of the votes have got all gear from AH...is this how it used to be in D1 and D2?
    depends

the vast majority of players who "finished" it by beating hell diablo and never touched the game again did not wear a single piece of equipment they did not find themselves.
    but players who played for years and wanted the best gear? yeah, they did not find that themselves, they traded it, traded their items for months by looking for people who were willing to trade item x for item y, opened games with such names to attract other item dealing people, this was a huge part of diablo 2, the trading endgame.
    the auction house makes that process easier and more accessible. and with inferno you need much better gear than you ever did in d1 and d2, so trading and the auction house become much more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP In diablo 2 ppl only ran bosses for loot, for some reason blizz did not want this for diablo3.

Honestly i dont know why, if ppl had fun running bosses over and over whats so wrong with it?

But blizz set up this system that only kicks in at 60 where you stack up a buff as long as you dont change your spells and as this buff stacks you gain more magic find.
    The buff stacks when you kill elite packs.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost 3/4 if not all? Are from the AH, due to the fact that drops in act 3 and 4 nightmare are fuckin shit that even sometimes act 2 normal beats it and if its good it wont be for my class. Btw im a Barb
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    People complain that catering to the 1% of players for (mythic) raids is atrocious.

981 page thread about wanting Blizzard to cater to less 1% of the player base is downright giggle worthy.

Deleted
    During levelling, all of my gear was my own or my friends (levelled with 2). Now, roughly half the gear is my own. A3 Barb.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I wear what I farmed, or what my friend farmed when he was around this level. I have a lot of his hand-me-downs in my stash. I've sold a truckload of shit on the AH, but I've never actually purchased anything. Searching the AH takes far too freaking long, and there are just too many items up. (Never Mind the fact that you can't search for +damage at the moment.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    the 700+ dps sword, thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    all bar my bracers are from the gold AH, I have 2 level 60s and a couple at 40+ none of them has found gear useful for themselves.. always another toon, and even then its been less than 10 items overall

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    There was no AH in Diablo 1 or Diablo 2, and both games were a lot easier so you didn't need optimal gear to beat it. The problem is not the AH. The problem is the difficulty level of inferno.
    Thats not a problem. If it is then the only fix is to not have it in the game which would have made this a very boring game with hell being so zzzzzz.

lol, should has only let thos past act 1 inferno pre 1.0.3 vote. So many act 4 hell nus who "don't rush through content" Still proudly think thier self farmed duds are legit.

Well I'll admit, I have found 2-3 items since I started Inferno weeks ago, that I used for myself. 1 pair of leggings lasted a long time, cause I couldent afford better at that time.

Now 13/13 is from AH.

Deleted
    All my gear I used to progress on act 3 and 4 inferno with are AH gear, and now after having farmed for some time, around 7k elite kills on that character it is still fully AH geared, never found end-game DH item for myself.

Deleted
    1 item I found myself, (amulet with 400 lph), rest is from the ah :3

All of my gear except for my gloves and helm are from the AH, and oddly enough, I got both of those today. My RL friend that plays the game got a badass pair of gloves that dropped, and she's like a total bro so she just gave them to me. And my new Archon helm dropped off the very first elite that I killed after logging on and getting my new gloves.

Now selling Laurcus' luck, for the price of a 32% Stormshield or an early copy of Assassin's Creed 3.

My pants would also be from a drop, but I sold a small upgrade for 8mil and bought 2 new pieces of gear.