Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

It's the little things that show you care

....about your game

Deleted
    Post your videos in the video thread next time to keep the forum as clean as possible http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Wars-2-Videos

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's the reason why the game will be great.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Post your videos in the video thread next time to keep the forum as clean as possible http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Wars-2-Videos
    Oops, sorry. Can you delete this thread and I'll repost there?
    Not my video btw, found it on another site.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Oops, sorry. Can you delete this thread and I'll repost there?
    Not my video btw, found it on another site.
    I cant, but the mods can

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Arrrrrg, what's with the character like...kneeling or something every time he takes a step and stops?
    Go outside, run a bit, then come to a dead stop. Then consider the fact that characters are always running.
    I kind of wish they made it so that you only did it if you had swiftness though, so we don't have to see it ALL of the time regardless of realism.

Yeah, when it happens every time you just take one step forward and stop, it makes it look like a terrain glitch or something.
    1 step = full momentum, so it would require a full stop to. Only way to really avoid it and keep it realistic would be to have momentum build up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    1 step = full momentum, so it would require a full stop to. Only way to really avoid it and keep it realistic would be to have momentum build up.
    Which they did have to begin with, but testers reported it felt too sluggish and unresponsive.

Come now, that's not the ONLY way. I'm sure they could have the players move at the same speed but not have that strange "falling" animation kick in unless you moved more than 10 steps or something.

I just imagine being in a city watching everyone constantly looking like they're tripping and falling as they take a step toward a vendor, or turn around and take a step toward a mailbox or whatever. It would start to get a little absurd.
    I said "and keep it realistic" pretty clearly after that. Regardless how many steps you take, if you are moving at full momentum you need to stop suddenly you will need to catch yourself. Since the characters move at full momentum after one step, they catch themselves after one step. The only way to keep it realistic is to add momentum, and realism is obviously what they are going for with this specific feature. I'm not saying they can't force it to only kick in after X steps, I'm saying they can't if they want to keep it realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Never noticed that my character took different poses on different terrain. Was too busy trying to run for my life or kill some centaur...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Huh. Never noticed that my character took different poses on different terrain. Was too busy trying to run for my life or kill some centaur...
    I CAN OUTRUN A CENTAUR. I CAN OUTRUN A CENTAUR. I CAN OUTRUN A CENTAUR.

I'm going to be sad when neither of my two mains scream that like crazy people. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I CAN OUTRUN A CENTAUR. I CAN OUTRUN A CENTAUR. I CAN OUTRUN A CENTAUR.

I'm going to be sad when neither of my two mains scream that like crazy people. =(
    To be fair, a lot of them have charge attacks that are so fast that all you can do is sidestep.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I love the little things, it helps make the world feel alive. It's been to many years sense a MMO really felt alive.

To be fair, a lot of them have charge attacks that are so fast that all you can do is sidestep.
    .... what?
    I was referring to the phrase that humans yell when using swiftness.

10+ Year Old Account
    .... what?
    I was referring to the phrase that humans yell when using swiftness.
    I am aware.

Dont delete yet. im in class and cant watch it till i get home lol

I would think that having the animation only kick in after X number of steps is more "realistic" (since you're apparently hell-bent on that word) than having everyone looking like they're tripping over their own feet every time they take a single step.
    Which would be the case.. if 1 step didn't throw them at full momentum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go outside, run a bit, then come to a dead stop.
    Uhhh... I do a lot of running, despite being out of shape, as I referee soccer games on weekends. I come to dead stops pretty frequently, despite running as fast as I can to keep up with the old men who consider themselves to be soccer athletes.

Although I'm sure that's unhealthy for my knees/ankles or something...

Uhhh... I do a lot of running, despite being out of shape, as I referee soccer games on weekends. I come to dead stops pretty frequently, despite running as fast as I can to keep up with the old men who consider themselves to be soccer athletes.

Although I'm sure that's unhealthy for my knees/ankles or something...
    Straight up dead stops with absolutely no bending of the knees whatsoever?
    Well that's abnormal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might explain why I get shin splints so often. :O!