Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

2H vs. DW Question for Barbarians

Hello fellow Barbarians!

Right now, I am sporting a 1300dps 2H with 114 str and 103 vit but I was thinking about trying a DW build because it seems like fun and something different.

However, without having proper comparison sheet and the DPS calculator being down (moved?), it's hard to tell what numbers I would be looking at for weapons in order to have at least the same overall output as my 2H weapon which is roughly 36k.

I know that DW gives you 15% IAS and the possibility to roll with two one-handers with great stats compared to what I have one my 2H likely leaves a little leeway in terms of weapon DPS...but I'd rather not blindly dump my gold to find out I'm doing significantly less damage.

Any advice, tips, thoughts?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

DW is a lot more fun than 2H. Fast hitting, able to benefit from 2 weapon sockets (crit dmg or LoH), +15% IAS are some really nice bonuses. It's just really nice using a fast 1.3-1.4 speed weapon than a slow crappy 0.9-1.1 weapon.

For a rough estimate of trying to find a weapon similar to your 2H just go off your weapon dmg.

So if your weapon hits for say 900-1500 - that's what you want your 1Hs to average out to.

For really amazing 1hs you're looking at 1-10M. Go for Bid only ones and try score something decent.

/drool at the 28M axe on the US AH atm

870 dps 1H Axe
    8% IAS
    890 LoH
    Socket

I know in top end gear, DW does more damage. Kongor, (a ridiculously geared dps Barb) was at around 270k dps when he was two handed. Now he's at almost 500k as DW. The big difference is the double crit damage gems.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks for the info guys! I'll see if I can snipe anything decent and hope for the best.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.