10+ Year Old Account

(LOL) Level Difference to play with a friend

So I have a friend who is currently level 29 soon to be 30 in league of legends and i just recently got the game and am currently level 9. I would love to play with him in games and was wondering how close I have to be to him to start playing with him thanks!

you can play with him at level 1 even if hes 30, its a good way to learn the game faster as well, as youll be playing against more skilled players... worked for me anyway ^^ but if you mean what level to play with him and not get roflstomped..... well thats based on your skill level honestly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    you can play with him at level 1 even if hes 30, its a good way to learn the game faster as well, as youll be playing against more skilled players... worked for me anyway ^^ but if you mean what level to play with him and not get roflstomped..... well thats based on your skill level honestly
    are you sure? because he tried to invite me to play with him but it said i was too low level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    are you sure? because he tried to invite me to play with him but it said i was too low level
    he may have tried to invite you to a ranked match which can only be for level 30's....do blind pick / draft pick normal matches ( aka not ranked )...that should work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    he may have tried to invite you to a ranked match which can only be for level 30's....do blind pick / draft pick normal matches ( aka not ranked )...that should work
    im pretty sure it was blind pick normal game but ill try again

Deleted
    I'm sure you can queue regardless of level. But if you aren't very good, and he isn't either, you'll face difficult opponents, so Im not sure it would be much fun.

I am not sure if they are limiting it now. BUT lvl 30 characters with full rune pages destroy lower levels, the stats that tier III runes and full mastery spec gives you are really hard to overcome. So it's not really viable to group up with max level char. Better for him to make a lvl 1 smurf and play with you than trying to mix lvl 10 and lvl 30.

Either you end up in game where everyone but you is high level which will make you useless or your friend ends up in low level game where he destroys everything.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Played with 5man premades when I was rerolled. Usually play mid or support, and did fine against level 30's. Mind you, I had a 30 on NA already. So when LeBlanc was free, I demolished most mids. Or Alistar free to support

Deleted
    Wouldn't recommend it, having tried it recently. New players will just get stomped by level 15-20 odds, or 30s even, and there's nothing they can do. Masteries and runes make too large a difference, and that's without the skill gap from playing the game.

Deleted
    Playing with an experienced lvl 30 as a low lvl newbie is a terrible, TERRIBLE idea(even worse if he's any good as his hidden normal ELO will be high). Both your enemies and allies will not only be much more experienced and skilled at the game but they will have full masteries and rune pages. You will not be able to compete - or even keep up - with them, will get smashed in the lane and end up as the target for (justified) anger and abuse from your team. Don't do this to yourself and don't do this to your team, really.

if you (the low level) invite him o a game you will be thrown into a match with people at a higher level but it will be closer to your level. If he invites you, you will most likely be paired up with other level 30's and high 20's. (i've done this many times helping a friend level and such) (so much fun being brought back into the lower brackets =P)

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Deleted
    Chanses are you will lose the game for your entire team tho. But yes, it can be done.

Last night I had to endure a guy who invited his 2x level 5 friends. Was a 1 hour long nightmare of a match because they refused to surrender, after having ruined the game for us other two in the team.

Some people might argue and say "but you learn better by facing harder opponents". You don't learn shit when all you do is die, die, die.

Like people have already said, playing with your friend on your level 30 account might not be the most enjoyable experience for him. League can already be a pretty frustrating game and getting stomped by smurfs when leveling an account can be frustrating enough without bringing other level 30s into it. If you really want to do it you could always have him lane with you and play a support champion so you can explain things to him as you play. Otherwise you might want to consider making another account to play with him for a few levels just until he gets the hang of the game.