Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I do it as a one handed barb as well with about the same dps...make sure you are using battle rage for the extra dmg if you are not already. Otherwise, just stand there and take everything, like you said. You'll be able to use Wrath twice so that should give you all the damage boost you really need.

Just to clarify because people seem to be skipping over it or missing it - I downed Belial already. First attempt was 16.5k dps with no WotB and I hit enrage, then I dropped Nephalem Valor to put in WotB and still hit enrage (despite maximising dps time), and finally changed a passive to include berserker's rage and smashed him.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    I have less DPS than you, OP, and I managed to kill him before the enrage on my barb.
    Definitely confusing, particularly given I literally stood and took every hit of his so I could continuously dps him, only moving for meteor shower. Was that before or after the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by bossmonster View Post
    I am very far from the gear lvl of kripparrian and when I hit the enrage I never lasted longer than 4 showers during which I could almost not dps at all.

Key is maximizing uptime on the boss - usually you can hit him a little during the shower and close to the end. Also hitting Quake as soon as you have full rage again after WotB is a must.
    I did exactly that, only without quake because I didn't want to lose my 5 stack nephalem - I ended up having to lose it for WotB anyway. I always get in some dps during meteor shower and never move out of his other abilities, doing the maximum damage possible and he still enraged (until I changed one of my passives to berserker's rage taking my dps to 21k).

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    What's your build like since you had to switch Berserker in with something else. Berserker isn't a near mandatory skill like Revenge is, but unless your one of those uber geared Barbarians that have 70k DPS it seems like too good of an ability to pass for solo play because it's basically 15 secs being unstoppable.
    Active skills:
    - Frenzy with sidearm
    - Charge with dreadnought
    - Leap with iron impact
    - Revenge with provocation
    - Ignore pain with ignorance is bliss
    - War cry with impunity

Passive:
    - Tough as nails
    - Nerves of steel
    - Superstition (I think)

This was to maximise survivability before nerfs against a large variety of elite combo's. Charge and Leap were for mobility against elites with shit like jailer+desecrate or waller+desecrate/arcane/frozen etc plus the heal from charge has saved me innumerable times. Revenge, war cry, frenzy, and ignore pain are a given I think.