I was having a dilemma in Witcher 3 of who would fit my Geralt between Triss and Yennefer.
They both have their pros and cons, which is exactly the issue, as it actually made me wonder who did others pick?
Before we start, I'll let you know my reasoning as I knew it, if there was something I missed and you knew, please say:
-has grown as a person from when we first met her in Witcher 1
-acts like a mature person
-when she was in the Lodge and Yenn asked her to help her find Ciri, she did not help her. She did not even protest Philippa's order even when Philippa made it clear of how the Lodge didn't give a shit for Ciri or Geralt
-she manipulated Geralt by not telling him about Yenn when he had amnesia. While I understood she thought Yenn was dead, the fact that she didn't mention Ciri either makes it a kind of shit event.
- she's like a child compared to Geralt, I think she's like 20-30 while Geralt is 100?
- it seems in the books they're sort of made for one another
- she cares about Ciri at least as shown in some instances (though it's odd as in Witcher 3 she seems to not care about you looking for Ciri when you meet her)
- closer in age to Geralt
- she manipulates everyone she can, including Geralt.
- can't really control her emotions, she would mind-control someone because he said something bad about her like she did to Geralt when they had met or teleport him above a lake because he mentioned Triss even if he had amnesia
- somewhat arrogant
- you don't know if the love is true or is made true by the wish of Geralt to the genie.
Honestly, if the game would have left me, I'd have taken as main choice Shani, but she's not counted as a main choice it seems. So, as a curiosity, which did you like best? And I don't care which fit Geralt better in the books, the Geralt in the game is different from the books, you control his choices so I'm interested to think which do YOU like best and why?