Ticks, Meat and YOU!

I Just happen to come across this weird allergic issue and the cause.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/20/health...rgy/index.html

So, yes you can become allergic to meat, and yes It can be from a tick bite.
    Crazy, eh?
    At first this tick spawned allergy just seems kooky, or something to joke about ( I can see PETA using the types of ticks or larva to force people to stop eating meat, LOL).
    It's kind of crazy as a hunter to have to take the chance out in the woods, that the thing you kill for food might actually be something you can't eat, because you are in the woods risking tick bites and allergies.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post

Crazy, eh?
    At first this tick spawned allergy just seems kooky, or something to joke about ( I can see PETA using the types of ticks or larva to force people to stop eating meat, LOL).
    It's kind of crazy as a hunter to have to take the chance out in the woods, that the thing you kill for food might actually be something you can't eat, because you are in the woods risking tick bites and allergies.
    Except any one who goes into the woods should always check themselves for ticks afterwords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post

Crazy, eh?
    I'd take meat allergy over TBE or Lyme disease any day.

So this is how vegetarians came to be! Was beggining to wonder.

I see your meat allergy and raise you http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/212466.../#.T-raM_Xddtw

I would gladly sit there with a knife and fork eating a steak with an epinephrine auto-injector!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    So this is how vegetarians came to be! Was beggining to wonder.
    LOL
    Now I am afraid to go outside, what if I get a tick and cant eat yummi bacon any longer
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

But I'm made of meat!

10+ Year Old Account
    I always had a phobia of ticks. Now I know why!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!