Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I sorta considered making my DH tanky... but I haven't tried it yet, so I can only guess stuff in theory and not practice.

Is Guardian Turret worth using for 15% damage reduction? Or are you only fighting while Gloom is up, such that sustained DR isn't important? And if you have enough crit to make Grievous Wounds worthwhile, might Nightstalker be viable?
    I haven't tried the turret myself. The problem is that 15% seems like really low, considering that's the only good thing you get from it, and you spend 10 discipline to get it up. With enough resist, you can sustain a little combat outside gloom but not a whole lot. The way that I play, I have two phases when facing elites; 1) gloom is up and I will maximize my DPS to sustain my self-healing 2) when gloom is down I play much like a glass cannon, kite and avoid as much as possible. Usually stuff dies before gloom runs out though, unless you're pushing progression. The 2nd phase also isn't as bad as a real glass cannon, since I can still take a few hits before I die.

Most white mobs aren't an issue, except in act II where the mobs have so many ways to get into your face without taking a single hit. That's when I will use gloom, as per necessary, but otherwise I save gloom for elites.

Before selling all my gear on the RMAH, I was farming inferno act 3 with around 60k hp, 500 all res, 45% crit chance and 50k dps (no sharpshooter). Could tank act 1-2 and take a couple of hits from most anything in act 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Is Guardian Turret worth using for 15% damage reduction?
    No the 15% reduction rune is barely worth it in Inferno, I used it in Hell because it helped the Templar a bit when tanking more harder mobs like Rakanoth. I switched to healing rune later and in the end dropped the skill. As far as I can tell turret in Inferno is wasted utility overall.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I recently got my 4 piece Natalya set following which I tried building a tanky DH - currently sitting at 30k HP, 3.2k armor, 440 all resists (with 500 on arcane and fire), 540 physical resist and 1600 dex (which gives me around 35%-ish dodge). 32% crit chance with 39k DPS without Sharpshooter (71k with). Right now I'm absolutely decimating Act 2, pretty much nothing can kill me and most mobs I can simply stand there and faceroll them. Act 3 is a little tougher what with mobs hitting harder (like Demonic Tremors and Phasebeasts) but in general I can take a lot of punishment while doing minimal kiting. And it feels a lot better than playing as glass cannon. I was by no means a great DH and I would always get oneshotted by random stuff flying at me from offscreen or spears being thrown while my attention is focused on 10 fireballs flying my way.

Right now most projectiles barely hit me for anything (spears from Act 3 spearmen hit for about 1.5 - 2k now) so my main focus is only on avoiding heavy melee attacks from mobs that hurt. I have to say, I rage a lot less now lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    I recently got my 4 piece Natalya set following which I tried building a tanky DH - currently sitting at 30k HP, 3.2k armor, 440 all resists (with 500 on arcane and fire), 540 physical resist and 1600 dex (which gives me around 35%-ish dodge). 32% crit chance with 39k DPS without Sharpshooter (71k with). Right now I'm absolutely decimating Act 2, pretty much nothing can kill me and most mobs I can simply stand there and faceroll them. Act 3 is a little tougher what with mobs hitting harder (like Demonic Tremors and Phasebeasts) but in general I can take a lot of punishment while doing minimal kiting. And it feels a lot better than playing as glass cannon. I was by no means a great DH and I would always get oneshotted by random stuff flying at me from offscreen or spears being thrown while my attention is focused on 10 fireballs flying my way.

Right now most projectiles barely hit me for anything (spears from Act 3 spearmen hit for about 1.5 - 2k now) so my main focus is only on avoiding heavy melee attacks from mobs that hurt. I have to say, I rage a lot less now lol.
    How much LoH do you have though? I have similar stats, although no Natalya's set and act 2 is already fairly difficult, although manageable (still too many deaths but I have 200 MF too) but act 3 is downright impossible at this point, mobs take forever to kill.

I don't have much LOH, just 84 from a Blackthorne's Breeches. The main thing is that with 4pc Natalya's I have nearly infinite disc if I just use Shadow Power, Preparation and Nightstalker to regen disc with crits. So I'm pretty much sitting on a near 100% Shadow Power uptime.

I play a tanky DH with following stats: 1450 LoH, 600+ AR, 4,3k armor (shield with 20% block and the leg helmet with additional 8% block) and 11,5k dps. My follower is the enchantress with 5k dps and I getting to Ghom in Act 3 Inferno and killed him (did this with some lower gear only 7,7k dps lol).

The only boss that is making problems atm is Belial because you cannot use grenades on him, but tanking him with Hungering Arrow, Caltrops with damage and Elemental Arrow is possible and with 11k dps I can beat him before hitting the enrage. Usually I switch my shield for my quiver from my dps gear, just shorten the fight.

Normaly my main nuke is Grenades with Gas Grenades run and my hatred spender is Elemental arrow with ball lightning, great with crowd, many hits and something for bit range.

Try now further advancing towards Siegebreaker and Azmodan.

My build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gVe!cVU!cabYcc
    Last edited by koltara; 2012-07-10 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea, im not expecting to be able to just stand still though. I die fast now too when surrounded. I'm using this specc now
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TQj!bTe!ccYZac

(suggestions how to improve it would be welcome too)
    I'd personally take supression fire on Multi shot to get tons of discipline, if you kite an elite pack to a group of other mobs and just single target them and multi shot the other pack when they're low, you might be able to tank a lot longer.