Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As I posted in the other thread about it, huge cash grab with low votes still requiring cash for no effort on jagex's side? Pretty sure RS doesn't even have 500k subs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    As I posted in the other thread about it, huge cash grab with low votes still requiring cash for no effort on jagex's side? Pretty sure RS doesn't even have 500k subs...
    Last I checked, they had at least one million paying members, and were still the biggest F2P MMO in the world.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    In before "now blizz will c ppl like old game and shud make classic/tbc servers cuz me and my friends quit but wud start playin again"

On-topic: I guess it's nice if you were into the whole Runescape thing. To be honest, it was probably only fun because it was one of the few games you were allowed to play when you were younger. Now that you're more mature, you would easily see how bad the game is and not touch it with a 6-foot stick.
    No lol it was fun because it was fun. I loved RS1, have very fond memories. Nothing beats the extreme randomness of the wildy... and my old 56k connection. Amazing times.

"Oh shit I've dc'd" /comes back to full rune set underneath my toes.

I probs racked up more kills on RS1 between 2002 and 2004 than I did in my life time playing wow from 2007-2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    In before "now blizz will c ppl like old game and shud make classic/tbc servers cuz me and my friends quit but wud start playin again"

On-topic: I guess it's nice if you were into the whole Runescape thing. To be honest, it was probably only fun because it was one of the few games you were allowed to play when you were younger. Now that you're more mature, you would easily see how bad the game is and not touch it with a 6-foot stick.
    I've played quite a few MMOs, and I must say that RS has the absolute best questing system out there. Even now.

The way you can be a fighter or a mage just by changing your gear is awesome too. If it was less grindy, had better graphics and a better combat system and wasn't a browser MMO...it would be the best MMO out there imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    The servers are coming out tomorrow, and they said that at least 2.5 million MEMBERS have checked out the voting page. I've already voted and can't wait to play tomorrow (if you create a new account you can get membership for only $2, and you'll get a month membership on the 2007 server).

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I've played quite a few MMOs, and I must say that RS has the absolute best questing system out there. Even now.

The way you can be a fighter or a mage just by changing your gear is awesome too. If it was less grindy, had better graphics and a better combat system and wasn't a browser MMO...it would be the best MMO out there imo.
    The change in combat system is what made people stop playing RS. I personally like the combat system simply because of the fact that it's so simple :P. I also agree that RS has THE BEST questing system out there. It's really amazing how unique many quests feel. Really awesome.

Deleted
    so 7-8 days to get 270k votes?? not going to happen..

250k votes maybe...

I like that you can do it all on one character too, and play what you want when you want on the one character. I always found it cool to just pick up a bow and become a ranger based on my level of that skill, or fishing, or mining, or whatever.

I hate that all new games make you have to play different characters particularly as I am a completionist. I dislike having to make other characters if I want to maximise achievement points or w/e. (I end up forsaking the whole feature and then having a bad point to say about the game).
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    As soon as they make RS1 servers, I might pick it up again. Nothing like pking in the wildy, and winning solely based on connection speed.
    its not the old old runescape. if its only till 2007 then i dont see whats the big deal. mayb 2004 or even 2001 then might be worth something.

Deleted
    I never understood the game.....
    There has always been 1000 times better free games than run escape. Its just a super boring game for me. But some kids that arent good at any other game play it and I have nothing against it.

Well I played the game from like 16-21 (24 now) and I'm going to be playing Friday night (Saturday morning for me) and I can't wait.

RS is one of my favorite games I have played, and I've played a lot.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    There has always been 1000 times better free games than run escape. Its just a super boring game for me. But some kids that arent good at any other game play it and I have nothing against it.
    Your immature viewing of your own opinion as fact tells me you're not that old.

People like different things. Some people like RuneScape. If someone plays RuneScape, that doesn't automatically make them a "kid". There are 65 year olds playing RuneScape, just like there are 65 year olds playing WoW.

Indeed, I also have very fond memories of the quests. I remember doing Dragon Slayer and it felt like an epic undertaking
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    For you - indeed. Throwing around petty insults because you don't understand why people enjoy a different type of game sounds like you have something against it to me lol

Not all fun is derived from skill. Exploring a world and appreciating the artists depiction of a world, to enjoy a musical score, a cutscene, a characters development, an items look... these all require skill to do I presume?

In my opinion anyone who uses skill to base a game is trying to make up for something they lack.

10+ Year Old Account
    RS was and will always be entertaining for those who play it with friends. In my case most of my friends doesn't want to pay shitload of cash to play the game (=WoW) nor they don't have mentality to be good in it (= do raids at evening, they rather spend time outside etc). So the revival of old good RuneScape is more than welcome change for me and friends since once again we can do shit with computers and be in contact other than in Facebook. Before it was like this: they call me to go out and shit and I felt bad to say "naa cant do that tonight, got raid man" and they were like "well maybe next time".

Sure it won't be the same because of nostalgia but as long as you can PK with friends like you could back in the days I'm sure I'm enjoying it.

What made it so great to me was how there was always something to do or work for; some goal to achieve. Looking back at what it was, and how it will be on Friday, it's such a simple game. No VoIP, no loot rules, no group system, no guild support, no auction house... and I'm perfectly OK with that. It's also going to be nice playing a game where you know your class won't be screwed up every patch or you'll have to chase new carrots.

"Old School" RuneScape 2007 servers out!

RuneScape, an MMORPG many might have played in their earlier years, is alive and updating to this day. They recently dusted off a version from 2007, which is currently running as a separate game. The poll currently on their website will determine the final cost, at the moment you get a month free with when you vote (which requires having membership). InTheLittleWood did a great showcase of both the positives and negatives of life on the old servers.

Discuss.

edit: didn't see a megathread, so now my thread is moved here. Oh well.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-02-27 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    It bothers me they've had the ability to bring the game back to life for 6 years within 2 days but they've never done it.

Deleted
    I have been played this for the last week it's so nice to come back to such an old game and i'm having lots of fun playing it again..

What they have done to Runescape is just horrible, so for them to setting up oldschool servers is just the best thing, i'm sure they didn't think so many would even vote for it

It's funny how they've changed all of that over the last 6 years. Minigames and D&D's soften the grind; they definitely have better graphics and combat.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played way back on and off since classic but quit around 2010.

I'm loving the oldschool servers more than i thought i would. Having a lot of fun leveling slayer too, which I used to hate.

It's awesome to have actually useful items be prized possessions again and be worth something rather than useless pixels being the be all and end all of wealth.

Well they released a new trailer