Found this crazy old man, he's just about to finish his 3rd coast to coast(in the US) since 2007. Will have taken him 97 days. Not too shabby for a 64 year old.
Job: Retired since 2010, former economics reporter for the Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet in Stockholm.
Age: 64 years old
Training: A great deal, often long distances, but mostly playful and adventurous. No background in sports and began to run at the age of 35. He has run for 30 years, a total of about 135 000 km equivalent of three times around the world. Calculated on the last ten years he's run an average of 6600 km or 120-130 km / week.
Family: Wife and five children, two live at home.
Ultra runs: Does not compete but has made several very long solo runs in Sweden and the U.S., including:
* 2004 Stockholm-Gothenburg, 520 km with a backpack
* 2005 Chicago-New Orleans, 1600 km with a backpack
* 2006 Stockholm-Kramfors, 600 km with babyjogger
* 2007 Coast to Coast in the United States, 5100 km in 95 days from Florence, Oregon to Virginia Beach, VA
* 2008 Denver, CO Oklamhoma City, OK, 1000 km with babyjogger with my brother Jan on rolerblades
* 2010 Coast to Coast in the United States, 5320 km in 101 days solo from Westport, WA to Tybee Island, GA
* 2011 Stockholm-Molle, 630 km in 11 days with babyjogger
Anyways whats the longest distance you've run? How long did it take?
I've done roughly 70 km in 24 hours. Run 2 half marathons as well.