Thinking of buying SSD

So, I have been thinking the last few days of buying a SSD and today this poped up on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2907317422...731742213#shId

I have the ASUS P5E3 motherboard (specs: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications )

What are your opinions? Would this be a good buy?

Thanks a lot in advance.

It has a nice amount of memory for the price, but it's utterly slow compared to most SSDs. I'd recommend going for a 30 pounds more expensive, yet 250% faster Samsung 830 128 Gb or a Crucial M4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    It has a nice amount of memory for the price, but it's utterly slow compared to most SSDs.
    Only in sustained reads and writes. Even slowest SSD still has the 100x faster seek speed compared to mechanical discs which makes all the difference in daily use.

It's not perfect, but it's decent compromise.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

My motherboard can get only SATA II. Is there a problem if I get SATA III?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Here's a good review of its performance:
    You linked the wrong page of that benchmark, try this one instead.
    The synthetic tests really didn't leave us all that excited about the level of performance offered by the SanDisk Ultra, but that changed as soon as we started in with the real world tests. Here we see the SanDisk Ultra performing very close to the original 120GB Vertex 2.
    As I said before, It's slow for SSD, but in real world use it's still so far ahead of HDD that you won't be missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    My motherboard can get only SATA II. Is there a problem if I get SATA III?
    No, there's no problem with it. it'll run at SATA2 speed with your current mobo, and SATA3 speed if/when you upgrade the rest of the computer.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

its sandforce

and ocuk have the 128gb crucial M4 and samsung 830 for £89.99 - IMO reliability is far more important than outright speed (and both are faster than the sandisk anyway)