10+ Year Old Account

Question How does looking for/selling in AH gems work?...

Hello,
    please help me to understand this:

If i have a gem recipe and i craft one gem.
    When I want to sell it on the AH, it puts a price automatically. The price it puts is the only price i can see if i search for that kind of gem. Also when I search, there is always just one result.

What am i missing?

Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Hello,
    please help me to understand this:

If i have a gem recipe and i craft one gem.
    When I want to sell it on the AH, it puts a price automatically. The price it puts is the only price i can see if i search for that kind of gem. Also when I search, there is always just one result.

What am i missing?

Thank you for your time.
    thats how it works, there would be no point in having500 pages of the same gem being sold for different prices

It shows you the cheapest one and you buy whatever quantity you wnat

10+ Year Old Account
    the same goes for recipes i guess

ok thank you, i did not know that

And just to add: when you sell the item, it automatically suggests a price for you.
    You can change that suggested price - i.e. lower it to sell faster or raise it to maybe sell later. I believe that the suggested price is based on the lowest available offer for that commodity.

It works reasonably well, although, because prices fluctuate extremely quickly, you never know exactly how much you will pay when you buy - often you get a small refund afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    made some calculations and it`s really sad:

let`s say you want to make a Flawless Star (purple gives 400 Loh or 50 vit ). It`s a decent gem, the first one that you need to find / buy the recipe for.

if you have all the mats (xtomes + 71 flawless square) the gold cost alone to craft it, the gold you need to combine everything is 1.600.000 !

now, on the AH you can buy it with 1.866.000 (that minus 15%(279.000) gives you 1.586.100. this means minus 14.000.

which is strange. so it makes me think that the ppl who use bots can convert the useless tomes and gems to gold.

am i crazy? did i do a mistake in my calculations ?

prices are for EU by the way.

As someone who spends a lot of time on the AH poring over prices, I have no clue why people price gems the way they do. I think it just comes down to people being really bad at math. :P